Stop Stoneskin from changing avatar color

Guest MTs

Hi there! 

Hoping someone might be able to help. The component "Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing the caster's colour (BG2,TUTU,BGT)" isn't working for me.

I had an older version of SCSII installed, v20, which has been working fine for me so far, but for some reason it seems to skip this component entirely this time around. The only major change I have made is including Check the Bodies in my game (which btw seems to copy and/or move a bunch of resources even from *other* mods into an over.bak of its own. I found Tsujatha's audio files in there o.O they were working in game, so I asked no questions and tried my best to forget the horror.)

So anyway, I noticed my Stoneskins are making my characters grey, checked my WeiDU.log to see if I'd somehow missed this component during the SCSII install. It was indeed not listed, but when I run the .exe again the component never even appears, doesn't say it is skipped or anything.

SO, I downloaded v32 of SCSII to see if that would help. Ran the .exe and encountered a "skip" where it claimed my TobEx had the Stoneskin color change feature taken care of already. Mhm, okay, checked my TobExTweak.ini and there was indeed a line that said something about preventing the Stoneskin color change, set to 1. Deleted the line, ran SCSII  v 32 again. This time I was able to install the v32 "Stop Stoneskin... " component--yay!-- but there is still no change in game when I cast Stoneskin.

As you can probably tell I've no idea what I'm doing whatsoever, literally fumbling around in the dark. The only things I've installed post-SCSII is BP-BGT-Worldmap and Widescreen mod (and added an updated TobEx.dll to main game dir, but that's never caused problems before.)

I already copied the SPWI408.spl in my override to overwrite the one in Ctb\over.bak\ but no change whatsoever. Still a bunch of grey aliens.

Any ideas, anyone? ❤️