Odd changes to spell abilities appearing

temnix

While doing some patching of spells I get changes of some abilities (headers) in some of the spells, or possibly even in all of the spells, only they seem to crop up every seven abilities, and spells with fewer won't show changes. These abilities stand out by being of a different type than others, for example, in a list of Ranged abilities there may be Melee or Magic cropping up or vice versa, but there are also rewrites to nearby abilities in minimum spell level or spell icon (I first wondered at this when Mirror Image showed up with an hourglass). A global effect I'm attaching on the bottom seems to get 1 in the Special field, too, though again not always. I don't know what may be causing these cycling warps, because I'm changing very little. Here is all the code that alters the spells:

LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR type = 99 opcode = 146 target = 2 parameter2 = 1 insert_point = 0 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~WZ%numbertext%_#~ END
LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR type = 99 opcode = 146 target = 1 insert_point = 0 parameter2 = 1 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~LR%numbertext%_#~ END
LPF ADD_SPELL_CFEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 171 target = 1 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~DS%numbertext%_#~ END
WRITE_SHORT 0x1C 4

The only thing that's unusual about surrounding code is that %numbertext% is drawn from a different resource inside INNER_ACTION. Preceding the above is:

INNER_ACTION BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~%oldscrollres%.ITM~ ~override~
READ_STRREF 0x50 numbertext
END

I stored information for spells inside scrolls, here I'm getting it out. The drawing and inserting works, too, the numbers are correct, but there are these undulations.

Edited by temnix