Does Kivan actually "say" anything?

Guest Kyrvian

Guest Guest

Oh, those kivan01.ogg and P#DEH01.ogg files are in a separate folder outside of the override folder. They are in a separate Kivan folder inside of a sound folder.

That's OK, I see Cam moved it to the main mod folder and TP2 is pointing correctly :D

Now if:

You have the ogg's but no corresponding wav's in your Override folder

And trying to re-run the installer do not start the decoder

would you be able to find your Setup-Kivan.tp2 file in the main SoA folder and setup-Kivan.DEBUG, zip them up and send them to domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net?

Hopefully we will be able to puzzle out the mystery of the silent ranger :)

Guest Guest

I reran the installer and got the same thing - only the Kivan component and Deheriana's class component came up.

Let me get the files sent.

Would you be able to tell me the following:

1) Do you have the kivan and p#deh [wav] files in your Override folder? The override folder is located in your main BG2-SoA folder

2) When you were installing did you update the main component of the mod, or simply updated Deheriana's and used the older isntall of KoSh? Just try to answer (ask about each component) during the installation procedure and ask it to either reinstall or install Kivan of Shilmista proper.

3) If your silent Kivan occures in a saved game, will this also happen in a freshly started game? (Just start the game and summon P#Kivan.CRE via clua console or load a save prior to exiting Irenicus' dungeon and meeting Kivan)

Guest Guest

1. No.

2. When I ran the Setup-Kivan.exe, I was only asked about the Kivan component and the class component of Deheriana. Then it went to "Press ENTER to exit."

3. I had run the Setup-Kivan.exe before starting a new game. When I ran into him outside, there wasn't any sound from him. When I click on him and give orders, there isn't any sound from him either.

2. When I ran the Setup-Kivan.exe, I was only asked about the Kivan component and the class component of Deheriana. Then it went to "Press ENTER to exit."

Are you choosing to [R]einstall the Kivan component? The audio installation is part of this, so unless you're reinstalling WeiDU won't prompt the audio installation.

Archived