Editting Weimer's Shapeshifter Rebalancing mod

Guest Alex

I have Weimer's Shapeshifter Rebalancing mod but I only want the parts pertaining to buffing the werewolf form. I've commented out the code that gives druids a bunch of cleric spells  but I cant find the section that allows spellcasting in werewolf form, does anyone know were it is?

It's a subtle change that allows this. The original transformations use the polymorph opcode (135) to effect the change which, among other things, disables spellcasting. Rebalancing instead uses an animation change (53) on its new claws (wwwere.itm and wwweregr.itm) for the two forms.

Rather than swapping back to a polymorph, you'd probably be better served by adding a few other effects to effect this change. Disable spellcasting (145) targeted at priest spells would do it; you could supplement it with a disable button (144) for the spell select button. You can look at spcl234.spl and spcl234d.spl for examples--these are applied to fallen paladins and rangers to (permanently) disable their spellcasting.

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

It's a subtle change that allows this. The original transformations use the polymorph opcode (135) to effect the change which, among other things, disables spellcasting. Rebalancing instead uses an animation change (53) on its new claws (wwwere.itm and wwweregr.itm) for the two forms.

Rather than swapping back to a polymorph, you'd probably be better served by adding a few other effects to effect this change. Disable spellcasting (145) targeted at priest spells would do it; you could supplement it with a disable button (144) for the spell select button. You can look at spcl234.spl and spcl234d.spl for examples--these are applied to fallen paladins and rangers to (permanently) disable their spellcasting.

I actually dont know how to do any of that, my experience with code is very limited. I had found a forum that showed what code to comment out the cleric spells in setup-cdtweaks.tp2 , I thought it would be the same thing for the spellcasting...

Where would I find spcl234.spl and spcl234d.spl? and what do the numbers ( Disable spellcasting (145) ) mean?

and if I applied the Disable spellcasting and disable button, i would have to write code for it to only work while transformed?