Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

34 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

Given your comment on using releases regarding MIH, it occurs that you may be doing so with IRR. I think @Bartimaeus may advise using the master at the moment, so maybe try that if you don't get a quick reply.

Good point, haven't thought about that. Will wait a bit with another test run for TnB info from @subtledoctor, though. TnB is crucial for me given the type of character I want to play (either Revised dragon disciple or multiclass sorcerer). 

Since you’re doing test installs, I recommend trying the same install order without EEex. Some of these errors I haven’t seen before and can’t explain. Given it’s an exe hack in beta (and only given that - nothing against Bubb’s skills) it’s a variable that’s probably worth controlling for.

Your install order, even without EEex, isn’t something I can easily replicate, especially these days. So it might take a while to figure out what is causing interference with TnB. 

Edited by subtledoctor
19 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Since you’re doing test installs, I recommend trying the same install order without EEex. Some of these errors I haven’t seen before and can’t explain. Given it’s an exe hack in beta (and only given that - nothing against Bubb’s skills) it’s a variable that’s probably worth controlling for.

Your install order, even without EEex, isn’t something I can easily replicate, especially these days. So it might take a while to figure out what is causing interference with TnB. 

Ok I'll try to run installation without EEex and see if those errors are still there. Will let you know. In any case if without EEex everything will be fine I'll let @Bubb know. He is very helpful and fixed compatibility issue with SCS/WoP almost instantly. 

Mostly SCS?

I read comments from DavidW about expected SCS install times and chuckle.

I think mine was a little over that, for just BG2EE. You got a sick gaming rig? Do we think cpu speed makes much difference to install times?

I may buy a new rig for BG3 as none of mine will get close to running it, guess I can test the difference then!

@Cahir - I responded to you over on the BD forums, but I will here as well.   Another user here, 3ndos, reported the same error you did, but during troubleshooting it was found that the issue was due to his install of EET.  I've reached out to him  to see exactly what he did.  Admittedly, I have not tested my mod with EET, as I didn't necessarily set out for it to be compatible.   But the issue I am having with even trying to test my mod with EET is that I cant find any particular "official" method to install it.  The mod itself just seems like it's all over the place and not really finished.

I was glancing at the mod list again because I was going to mention the interaction between my psionics mod and SCS... but it looks like you aren't installing my psionics mod so it's not important.  ;)  (The issue was, Will to Power overwrites the default abilities used by Mind Flayers and Athasian Halflings so that they use a variety of my psionic abilities... but SCS "Smarter Mind Flayers" overwrites those abilities, or maybe it makes new ones and uses the new ones instead of the old ones.  In any event, the long and short of it is, if you install SCS Smarter Mind Flayers, then you will perforce get the SCS Mind Flayer behavior.  Sounds like that's what you want, so your list is fine.

I did notice you are adding divine spells with the MiH pack, and there is another component there called "Correct cleric/druid spell use."  The former might be useless, because if you use the Faiths & Powers sphere system, it only incorporates a static list of divine spells to distribute among the spell spheres.  They include spells from the vanilla game, from IWD, from Spell Revisions, and new spells added by FnP.  The MiH spells will be in the game, but not available for use by any caster using the sphere system.

I don't know what the "correct cleric/druid spell use" component does.  It sounds like it might set some druid spells to be usable by clerics, and vice versa?  If so, it is no necessary - the FnP sphere system makes all divine spells unusable by all divine casters, and then adds them manually according to each kit's assigned sphere.  Changing cleric/druid usability before FnP would be useless; doing so after FnP would cause problems.  Of course if the mod does something different than I can't say how it would interact.  Need to consult to readme, I guess, and I can't find one.

@subtledoctor thanks again for more suggestions!

I didn't install Will to Power simply because I don't plan to play Psionic, not because I don't like your implementation (I do!). 

As for MiH Spell Pack I was mainly install this mod for new spells, so I can skip other components. I'm currently running another test install with new versions of some mods and with SCS and aTweaks moved afer EET_end to see how many error has been fixed by doing this. But for another test install I will exclude those components from MiH. 

As for divine spells this is probably also true for Olvyn Spells, right? 

20 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Yes, that one too.  if you install them before FnP, they should be harmless.  But you won't see them in-game.

Unfortunately, Olvyn Spells dosn't have separate components to install arcane and divine spells, so if I want to have at least arcane spells I need to install also divine. Dang 😂

1 minute ago, Cahir said:

Unfortunately, Olvyn Spells dosn't have separate components to install arcane and divine spells, so if I want to have at least arcane spells I need to install also divine. Dang 😂

Can't you comment out the part of the tp2 file that installs what you don't want?  EDIT: or does the one depend upon the other being installed?

Edited by Lauriel