Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

I have noticed just now that some of M&G components were skipped even if I chose them to install. Sigh, that doesn't look good :( Following components were skipped:

- Revised Beastmasters

- Marksman kit

- Elven Archer kit

- Halfling slinger kit

- Mage Hunter kit

- Barbarian Ranger kit

- Sniper kit

ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-235.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-320.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-322.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-324.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-350.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-360.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-might_and_guile-410.log

I haven't had any problems yet with normal kits or spells from any unearthed arcana mods that had install errors.

I have a couple of issues with multiclass bards losing their spontaneous spellcasting and some oddities with tome and blood familiars. I need to investigate and report them.

I also have some general bugs that I cannot yet attribute to anything specific, the worst being unplayably bugged movement after the Hexxat drains Clara cutscene. It recurs every install (I am now racing to it to check early once I start). This is what I'm going to investigate tonight.

Everything else works well on my current list.

I will confess, reading through your list and researching some BG mods is making me think hard about an EET setup! I didn't love BG but have only played it unmodded and pre-EE.

@4udr4nFunny thing, I like BG2EE more and yet I finished BGEE twice and BG2EE not even once.

Did you have install with warnings of SCS initialisation component, the ones I reported in SCS thread? Also did Store Revisions from IRR installed correctly on your end, without editing. tp2? I think whole Store Revisions section was edited out in IRR, but that would be weird? 

3 hours ago, Cahir said:

I have noticed just now that some of M&G components were skipped even if I chose them to install. Sigh, that doesn't look good :( Following components were skipped:

- Revised Beastmasters

- Marksman kit

- Elven Archer kit

- Halfling slinger kit

- Mage Hunter kit

- Barbarian Ranger kit

- Sniper kit

Nothing to worry about that is all intended. Marksman and Sniper kits are installed automatically by the Revised Archery component; so their individual components are unneeded. The rangers are installed earlier by FnP, and so they are intentionally skipped by MnG. 

Edited by subtledoctor
2 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

I have a couple of issues with multiclass bards losing their spontaneous spellcasting and some oddities with tome and blood familiars. I need to investigate and report them.

Did you use EEKeeper at some point? I’ve heard it causes problems with the MnG bards’ casting system. (That’s another reason I haven’t extended that system to all wizards.) Why? I don’t know. EEKeeper apparently tries to “fix” some things in a save file even when there’s nothing wrong and you don’t give it any user input. It’s not documented, nobody seems to know what it does or how it does it, and there seems to be no way to stop or avoid it. For me, that’s as disqualifying for software as a president suggesting people should be injected with bleach. 

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Did you use EEKeeper at some point? I’ve heard it causes problems with the MnG bards’ casting system. (That’s another reason I haven’t extended that system to all wizards.) Why? I don’t know. EEKeeper apparently tries to “fix” some things in a save file even when there’s nothing wrong and you don’t give it any user input. It’s not documented, nobody seems to know what it does or how it does it, and there seems to be no way to stop or avoid it. For me, that’s as disqualifying for software as a president suggesting people should be injected with bleach. 

No, I haven't used EE Keeper (or NI) to alter anything.

@subtledoctor I finished that installation and there is one good news. It seems that all those changes I made before this test installation resulted in error free install of TnB. So I suspect there might be some incompatibility between TnB and one of Made in Heaven Packs or with IRR (this time I installed regular IR). I'll switch again to IRR in the next test installation (I'll remove the comment from Store Revisions code to see if this is the culprit of failed install).

@subtledoctor let's sum up the current state of things. These are the errors and warnings that was present after my last try:

1. Faith and Powers

• Create a sphere system -> FnP: the Faiths & Powers original sphere system

WARNING: no effects added to spwi312.spl

WARNING: no effects added to spin146.spl

WARNING: no effects added to spin977.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR228.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on b_p3xx.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR605.spl

• Install Cleric kits

WARNING: no effects altered on sppr108.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on sppr413.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR409.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR409.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR413.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR102.spl

• Install Paladin kits

WARNING: no effects altered on SPWI418.spl

2. Faith and Powers Multiclass

• Multiclass shamans

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shmbzb.spl

• Multiclass Cleric kits

WARNING: Could not apply "bdstweap". Skipping.

WARNING: Internal ability name too long [CDHLYSYM]. Skipping.

3. Might & Guile

• Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR429.spl

• Revised Multiclassing and Multiclass Kits

WARNING: Internal ability name too long [D5_NUMAT]. Skipping.

4. Monastic Orders of Faerun

• Multiclassing for Monks

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONK_F
Copying and patching 1 file ...
WARNING: the arguments for thief-only 2DAs should only be provided for thief kits

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONK_C
WARNING: the arguments for thief-only 2DAs should only be provided for thief kits

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONK_I

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKSS_F

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKDM_M

• New Kits for Monks

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKHF_F

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKSH_M

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKLD_F

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKBO_F

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit QDMONKBO_C

5. B_Spells

• Add New Spells -> Install New Spells only [0.90.10]

Parse error (state 1402) at BEGIN
[B_Spells/data/components/Setup_New_Spells.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 966 column 1-80
Near Text: BEGIN
    GLR parse error
[B_Spells/data/components/Setup_New_Spells.tpa]  ERROR at line 966 column 1-80
Near Text: BEGIN
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [B_Spells/data/components/Setup_New_Spells.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Add New Spells -> Install New Spells only], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [B_SPELLS/SETUP-B_SPELLS.TP2] component 103.
Uninstalled      1 files for [B_SPELLS/SETUP-B_SPELLS.TP2] component 103.

6. Sword Coast Stratagems

• Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components) [v32.8]

WARNING: no effects altered on spwi418d.spl

WARNING: no effects added to scrl07.itm

WARNING: no effects added to halb11.itm

Warning: you've called an include with no argument
Including and running function(s)
Including file(s) invisibility_animations.tpa

Ok for my next test install I'll do following:

- Switch back from IR to IRR. I'll remove comment from Store Revisions component and see if it solves install problem. 

- @Daeros_Trollkiller I'll try to install SoD to BG2 Item Update per @AL|EN suggestion. I'll install it as an only mod on BG2EE and the run upload my order and run installation for the rest of mods.

- Move B_Spells after FnP. Doubt it will help, I suspect it's actual bug. I grabbed master branch, so I'm here to blamed. 

- Move one of JimFix components after SCS. It was skipped before because it requires SCS

- Remove Restored Random Encounters of ARP. This is a warning, bjlut I fear it can cause bugs, and Almateria is MIA anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Cahir said:

WARNING: no effects altered on spwi418d.spl

Warning: you've called an include with no argument
Including and running function(s)
Including file(s) invisibility_animations.tpa

I had exactly these issues with one of my installs, will check what was in it shortly but I want to say it was one where I tried EEex.