Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

17 minutes ago, Cahir said:

Thank you for chiming in @lefreut! I have consulted which components are compatible with LeUI from that detailed topic at BD forums, but apparently I must have misread some info. Anyway I'm relieved that those components will just be skipped and won't do any harm. I'll clean my install list from the first post at some point of all redundant components that were skipped during installation (mainly from EEUITweaks and Might & Guile). 

When AncientCowboy stops working on the mod and I start maintaining it, I couldn't update the first post to keep the information up to date (I can't update it today anyway 😝).

And sadly, I'm too lazy these days to rewrite all the compatibility information in the topic here at G3.

Edited by lefreut

Oh boy, I may have gone way overboard with number of mods installed. There are weird things going on. Some blank proficiencies, options that cannot be changed in game, some classes that have descriptions of different classes. Sigh... back to the drawing board, I guess :(

Some of the proficiencies stuff seems to be Scales of Balance related for me. It looks like SoB resets proficiencies but some companions have them added back.

What are the messed up classes and options? What else is broken? I'm 1/2 way through install, we can get a stable setup going together!

I kinda rage uninstalled all....

What I noticed:

- Transparent class selection screen - don't know if it's intended but it looked weird comparing to other screens (jonestly looked like a bug or two mods mixed uo). Not sure if this is LeUI design or some tweak from EEUI Tweaks

- Progress bars -> don't know if this is only for multiclassing/dualclassing, but I didn't see any progress bars on record screen.

- Options - I could only change options first time in Main menu before playing. After starting the game I couldn't change any option from Option menu. Don't now what happened.

- Most of class descriptions looked OK, but Wizard Slayer somehow got Berserker description. I installed Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, but I didn't see its description...

- Proficiencies mixed up - some fields were blank, some had different name on selection screen and different in description (i.e halberd/something (don't remember) on selection screen and Polearms in proficiency descriptions). Probably Item Revisions changes were mixed up with Scales of Balance. Need to stick to SoB ones only.

Conclusion - need to drastically decrease number of kits installed (will stick to FnP, M&G, Monastic, T&B, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing and maybe one or two shaman kits - and that's all)

Too many tweaks - I really need to choose only those essential not all those that look fun "on paper"

Really need to stick to most essential mods (not talking about quest/NPC's), so IRR + SR + SCS

29 minutes ago, Cahir said:

- Transparent class selection screen - don't know if it's intended but it looked weird comparing to other screens (jonestly looked like a bug or two mods mixed uo). Not sure if this is LeUI design or some tweak from EEUI Tweaks

Can you post a screenshot?

- Progress bars -> don't know if this is only for multiclassing/dualclassing, but I didn't see any progress bars on record screen.

You need to click on the portrait to switch to the progress bar view. You can change in the option which panel is displayed by default.

- Options - I could only change options first time in Main menu before playing. After starting the game I couldn't change any option from Option menu. Don't now what happened.

Which options are you trying to change?

4 minutes ago, lefreut said:

Can you post a screenshot?

You need to click on the portrait to switch to the progress bar view. You can change in the option which panel is displayed by default.

Which options are you trying to change?

1. I unistalled everything, so cannot post screen shot now. But I will if this happen again. It was like the whole class selection screen was transparent and I was able to see what was on previous screen, "beneath" class selection screen. 

2. Progress bars - didn't know I need to click on the portrait. Will have it in mind next time. 

3. I couldn't change any option (Gameplay, Sound, Graphics). Neither vanilla one nor any option from Reveal Hidden Options mod. 

I'll document everything next time, I just got pissed spending couple of days to tune up installation only to find it's not working the way I thought. But I always do that with other games too, too many mods, rage quite, reducing list of mods, finally able to play. 

On 4/25/2020 at 4:23 AM, Cahir said:

Unfortunately B_Spells didn't install correctly. I've put it between TnB and FnP.

ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-B_Spells-103-Error.log 2.34 kB · 2 downloads

I suggest installing the release version of B_Spells (Spells & Magic).

I know it's an older version, but it's more stable and should present fewer problems. I upload to the main build just to keep everything in order. I try to only release builds that will be relatively gentle.

1 hour ago, Cahir said:

@subtledoctor also I remember I couldn't choose a familiar, all spots were just blank. Is it possible that Revised familiars may be incompatible with UI mods?

It uses the same UI function that is used for spell selection by multiclass sorcerers and Shadow Magic sorcerers, and for feat selection by MnG thieves/fighters. It is a UI-based mod, so it could conflict with other UI mods. I don’t know of any specific conflicts, though.

EDIT - I have seen some instances where the icon for spells or feats do not show up... I have been going on the assumption that this has to do with something not translating over to the iPad, but maybe that’s wrong?

This is also affected by the UI of the spellbook and/or Sequencer screen. Usually it shows the icon and spell(/feat/familiar) name on the left, and displays the description in the box on the right when you click one. Msybe your UI changes hide parts of this, such that a missing icon could appear as no options at all?

Try clicking where spells/familiars would normally be. Maybe they are there and you just can’t see them. 

EDIT 2 - I also recall that some UI mods enforce certain naming schemes for spell icons.  I find this odd, since the vanilla game enforces no such rules.  In many instances I do something like:

COPY ~mod/data/myspell.bam~ ~override~
COPY ~mod/data/myspell.spl~ ~override~
  LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER STR_VAR icon = ~myspell~ END

That generally works fine... but like I say, I have heard rumblings that UI mods can require certain names for the icons... or maybe, they will automatically rename the icons for display?  In which case the renamed icon won't match the one that was copied into /override, and you'll see nothing in-game.

This is pretty frustrating for a modder who adds a lot of spells and icons to the game, for hopefully obvious reasons.  Even more annoying since I haven't seen any simple published guidance, like "thou shalt not make icon names 8 letters long" or something.  If anyone has information about this, I (and I suspect Cahir and 4udr4n) would appreciate it.  Maybe @lefreut ?  If there is a simple rule to follow, I can try to go through all my mods and update them to follow it.  But the rule needs to be loudly and clearly posted for people.  Like, in the IESDP would be nice.

Edited by subtledoctor
3 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

@Cahir I don't see Turnabout on your list... I'm looking at playing Ascension for the first time, and Turnabout seems like it is nicely complementary... is there some technical reason for excluding it, or just your preference?

No, there is not. I just didn't realize it's EET compatible 😁

As for Improved familiars, I'll do a test and install only LeUI, Bubb's Spell Menu, selected EEUI Tweaks and Tome and Blood on BG2EE. I'll see if this would happen again. Maybe it conflicts with Bubb's Spell Menu. It's needs EEex so you couldn't test it. 

10 minutes ago, Cahir said:

No, there is not. I just didn't realize it's EET compatible 😁

Maybe it's not!  I'm not sure.  I'm modding bare BG2EE, so we have somewhat different issues in that regard.

(Oh, how I would love to just make a big EET install, get it stable, and then play whatever part of the game I want, when I want, etc.  I can actually get EET to play on my iPad... but until I have a hardware upgrade I don't think it's worth pursuing.  My modded BG2EE override folder is ~850MB; and my iPad only has 1BG of RAM.  I'm not sure how these things work, but I suspect that the iPad loads all of the base game files into memory, meaning /data, /sounds, /worldmap, and /override, etc.  That would explain why the  modded game takes a long time to load.  And if I hit the "suspend/power" button on the iPad to turn the screen off and then later turn the screen on again, with most apps the active app is right there; but with modded BG2EE the app gets killed in the meantime and I am back at the desktop/springboard, and I have to launch the app again.  It's the only iOS app I've seen that can't stay in memory while the screen is off, but I assume it is because the app has swamped the entirety of my RAM.  Oh soon, soon, after the economic fallout from this coronavirus have passed, I can get a modern iPad with 3/4/6 GB of RAM, and then make a proper EET install.)

As for Improved familiars, I'll do a test and install only LeUI, Bubb's Spell Menu, selected EEUI Tweaks and Tome and Blood on BG2EE. I'll see if this would happen again. Maybe it conflicts with Bubb's Spell Menu. It's needs EEex so you couldn't test it.

See my edited comment above.

Edited by subtledoctor

Ok I have installed LeUI, EEUI Tweaks (the same as previous minus those pointed out by @lefreut), Bubb's Spell Menu and T&B on BG2EE.

@subtledoctor the result is missing icons during Familiar selection:

hcVgu6V.jpg

@lefreut this combination of mods alone does not  cause transparency effect I described

UwXLPQ8.jpg

I'll do another test without Bubb's Spell Menu, to see if Familiar icon issue remains.

Ok I have installed LeUI, EEUI Tweaks (the same as previous minus those pointed out by @lefreut), Bubb's Spell Menu and T&B on BG2EE.

@subtledoctor the result is missing icons during Familiar selection:

hcVgu6V.jpg

@lefreut this combination of mods alone does not  cause transparency effect I described

UwXLPQ8.jpg

I'll do another test without Bubb's Spell Menu, to see if Familiar icon issue remains.