Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

Well, you have 143 more components than me, so I wish you the best of luck!

If you get this lot working with EEex I will be forced to retry! I really want the extended spell menu.

Still waiting on anything before you try it?

I advise you to backup your game directory at a few points along the sequence so you can troubleshoot.

One thing I noticed.

1. You have both SkieCost:2:Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Add brand new SoD-oriented items to BG2 and sod2bg2_iu:2:All importable items with Voidhammer +3 on your list.  Do these two mods both being installed mean duplication of some of the items?

And another question.

Why is A7-TotLM-BG2EE:0:Trials of the Luremaster for BG2:EE
A7-TotLM-BG2EE:20:Rebalance weapons and equipment
A7-TotLM-BG2EE:32:Reduce by 75 percent

So late in the install process?  Wouldn't these normally be placed near the Quest content section of the install, or is it because it doesn't really matter?  I notice that it follows right after the SCS component to add IWD spells.  Is there some sort of interaction between these two mods?

6 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

One thing I noticed.

1. You have both SkieCost:2:Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Add brand new SoD-oriented items to BG2 and sod2bg2_iu:2:All importable items with Voidhammer +3 on your list.  Do these two mods both being installed mean duplication of some of the items?

I am not yet sure! I have a couple of similar overlaps that I'm looking to test.

5 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

And another question.

Why is A7-TotLM-BG2EE:0:Trials of the Luremaster for BG2:EE
A7-TotLM-BG2EE:20:Rebalance weapons and equipment
A7-TotLM-BG2EE:32:Reduce by 75 percent

So late in the install process?  Wouldn't these normally be placed near the Quest content section of the install, or is it because it doesn't really matter?  I notice that it follows right after the SCS component to add IWD spells.  Is there some sort of interaction between these two mods?

This was a suggestion from mod author @argent77:

Mod order is not very important for this mod since the adventure is rather independent from other mod content. Placement behind spell-related components of SCS is a good idea to minimize potential conflicts that might still be there.

5 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

One thing I noticed.

Honestly, not sure, I guess I'll find out. Shouldn't be that much items that might be duplicated. I don't expect Skie to add many of them. 

7 minutes ago, Cahir said:

This was a suggestion from mod author @argent77:

Mod order is not very important for this mod since the adventure is rather independent from other mod content. Placement behind spell-related components of SCS is a good idea to minimize potential conflicts that might still be there.

This is good to know.

In a similar vein, I noticed that

A7-GolemConstruction:0:Golem Construction Ability for Spellcasters
A7-GolemConstruction:10:Replace original Golem Manual
A7-GolemConstruction:15:Improve enemy spellcaster AI
A7-GolemConstruction:20:Golems for enemy spellcasters
A7-GolemConstruction:25:Greater variety of enemy golem types
A7-GolemConstruction:30:Fighter Stronghold golems may continue to serve you
A7-GolemConstruction:35:Make golems vulnerable to specific spell effects
A7-GolemConstruction:40:Reduce weapon immunities and resistances for constructed golems
A7-GolemConstruction:45:Identify all mod items
A7-GolemConstruction:50:Add "Teleport" ability to golems

Are all installed very early in the sequence, ahead of most of the quest material.  Is there a particular reason for this, or is it just out of convenience sake since the A7-Test Your Mettle! comes right before?

Mostly ou of convenience. I didn't see any specific install order requirements, so I haven't paid that much attention if I'm putting it earlier, before other quest mods. I'm treating this mod more as a quest mod than tweak mod, I guess. 

Fair enough. 

Another question:

You have both

npckit:400:Anomen Gains Helm Kit on Passing Knighthood Test
npckit:410:Anomen Gains Berserker Kit on Failing Knighthood Test
npckit:420:Prevent CN Anomen Gaining a Holy Symbol

followed by @subtledoctor's

Faiths_and_Powers:85:Apply FnP kits to NPCs

Is this intended, or should the npckit components be omitted? 

Note that subtledoctor recommended against installing the Helm Kit component if you want to avoid some potential weirdness.

Edited by Caedwyr
2 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Fair enough. 

Another question:

You have both

followed by @subtledoctor's

Is this intended, or should the npckit components be omitted? 

Note that subtledoctor recommended against installing the Helm Kit component if you want to avoid some potential weirdness.

Yeah, it seems I forgot to remove those additional components from NPC Kit. I wonder if I can leave component 420, though. 

3 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

6 minutes ago, Cahir said:

Yeah, it seems I forgot to remove those additional components from NPC Kit. I wonder if I can leave component 420, though. 

You should only need to remove npckit:400:Anomen Gains Helm Kit on Passing Knighthood Test

This is probably not actually incompatible with Faiths_and_Powers:85:Apply FnP kits to NPCs, but because Anomen will already have the FnP Helm Kit before his test, it will be replaced, which might be odd.

Giving him the Berserker kit should be fine, as should preventing him getting a symbol.

All I can confirm so far is that Anomen starts with the FnP Helm kit in SoA in my install.

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

@Cahir
I recommend linked Google Docs for ease of use.

I made a significant list of mods to install via Project Infinity on Windows 10.  May it help you!

Saw your list, have you made much progress?

Mine is here in case you are interested, it seems stable so far - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHxfvbWTJ8CIqu9V5--W0pxmERGz948KMJFWLp7YzfQ/edit?usp=sharing

On 4/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, Cahir said:

BG1 Romantic Encounters

• 100: Main Component: Teen version and Skip Components with Warnings
  • 6: Duke Eltan's Spare Minute
  • 14: No Regrets
  • 17: Late Night with Jaheira
  • 18: Sil's Blessing
  • 22: Mourning of Centeol
  • 25: The Great Zudini
  • 26: The Messenger
  • 28: The Novelists
  • 29: The Honest Liest of Two Riversides
  • 30: Necromancer's Trouble
  • 31: Dinner with Talanthyr
  • 32: Girdle of Gender Reactions
  • 41: The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night
  • 42: Camryn and Tamah
  • 44: Cloakwood Lovers

Just a heads up: you need "Scar's Spare Time" also to unlock the Bonus Quest "Scar's Return". "Scar's Spare Time" can lead to intimacies for a female PC, but mainly it's just talking and drinking a cup of ale with Scar (for all PCs).