Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Wow!

Yeah, Polish SoD translation (official one at least) was put on hold for well over a year because of no voluntaries and my own lack of free time and motivation to work on it. But now there is a strong team assembled any we're finally (I hope!) be able to cook something for Polish players. They have been waiting far too long for it. Safe to say, it has been VERY promising last week in this regard. 

Hi all. So I've been putting together a couple of EET builds and while both, so far, seem to run correctly in a general sense I'm not seeing everything I think I should from the mods installed. I'm trying to determine if I want to stick with EE Mod Setup or give Project Infinity a try. Both have their pros and cons I know. It's been a LONG while since I did anything with BG and while it was intimidating at first, things are starting to come back and I'm feeling more comfortable. OK starting to ramble, my question is does the Weidu log show how the mods were installed? It looks like it might but the PI page instructions for making a "sorting order" file make it seem like that may not be the case. I think the issues I'm having are probably load order issues but I'm not sure what order EE Mod Setup installed the mods in. I could just start building something from scratch for PI but I'm trying to get at least enough of an idea of how things work under the hood in general so that I can say I know enough to be dangerous 🙂. And honestly PI is really appealing to my control tendencies but I also hate reinventing the wheel if what I have can be relatively easily modified. Hopefully that all made sense...

EDIT - After further investigation I think I've answered my own question. It does show the install order. Please correct me if I'm wrong though!

Edited by MrEnnigma2
Guest Walkeros

Hello guys. I am new to moding. I instaled EET with roxane compilation 2020. I needed to uncheck something like 10 mods becouse of problems. I want to ask question is this list of Cahir is going to be updated / is playable? Becouse I see he got more contend selected on this list than is on Roxane Compilation 2020. I checked Cahir list with Roxane compilation list on EE Mod Setup Tool. Some mods that Cahir is listing are unchecked in program in green color some on red. I dont know if i can add them to Roxane compilation list or not.

And should i start moding process from begining? Reinstaling games +  tool + load roxane compilation 2020 + add missing mods from Cahir list?

That why I am also asking if this list going to be updated by Cahir becouse I am searching guide that lead me step by step to mod Baldurs game.

I was searching in google "baldurs gate eet compilation" but its hard to find anything. And thats how i found this topic also. So i decide to ask here.

The list will be updated at some point when I finally find the time to play this run. Currently it's is postponed because of RL stuff and SoD translation project to Polish which needs to be done before I start playing.

I didn't test my mod compilation thoroughky ingame, so can't tell just yet if it's buggy or not, but as far as installation goes, it was installed without errors, with just couple of harmless warnings. 

Unfortunately I don't use Roxanne's EE Setup Tool, so cannot help you with that. But I hardly doubt, that my mod compilation is bigger that what's the tool is offering. For example, I don't use megamods (except NTotSC) and only few selected NPC mods. I do use many tweaks, kit, item and spell mods, though, that require careful installation order, which was discussed many hours with mod authors in this very thread and other threads here at G3

I use Project Infinity as installation tool, which requires more manual handling, but it's very handy if you learn how to use it. You can take my install order from first post as a base and modify it according to your preferences.

You can learn about Project Infinity here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74335/project-infinity-public-beta-for-all/p1

Hey Guys,

So I've been trying to finally play through the entirety of the Baldurs Gate Series in preparation of the upcoming Baldurs Gate 3, which I'm sure we al hope will be great.

I've tried using the Roxanne Mod Install tool... but ran into some problems with that. So I looked back to Project infinity and found this install order.

Only... how do I actually use it? I can't quite find anything in the PI wiki on how to import Install orders, only how to build them myself. And even then it's always Sorting Orders.

I recon I will have to download the mods manually, which seems tedious but I guess I'll have to deal. How do I then use your Install order? Just put it in the Sorting Order field?

Thanks for the help in any case.

I'm writing from memory, I'll be able to check exactly in my PC on weekend, unfortunately. First of all, yes you have to download your mods manually while using PI. I recommended down loading them to separate folder (I named my PI Downloads). I'd start by using list provided by me or other players here at G3 (doesn't really need to be mine, cause it may be a bit out of date now, some component numbers may be added or changed in newer mod versions) and just remove add mods as you fit. You've gotta be careful with the install order though, mine was a result of weeks of discussion. You can safely remove mods, I think, but you need to be careful where to add one. To get the actual component name, just put this mod in your download folder, hit refresh on the left bar, to have it show in your mod list on the left panel, then hit Sort Order on the right panel and you will see the list of components of this mod. Copy-paste whichever components you want to a proper place of base install order list (mine or someone's else). And here is the part I'm not 100% sure without checking in PI. You put the install order to Sorting Order window and... I *think* that's it. Then you need to hit Install mods, and that's. But try to play around, because I'm not sure if I remember it correctly.

I'm using Beamdog version, so whenever I want to do another install, I hit "Repair install" in Beamdog client, which cause to reverse the state to default, wiping also Override folder in the process, then change install order file, then load it to Sort Order window, then hit Install mods, and that's it. The most time consuming part is to create a sorting list from scratch, that's why I suggested using one of the list other players shared and change stuff  there *carefully*. 

Hope it helps. I'll try to double check the part I'm not sure before weekend. 

Just remember to select EET from the drop list if you want to play EET game. 

Also if you plan to install Awesome Soundsets and SoD to BG2EE Items, currently you need to create sort of mini sort order list for them, install them on BG2EE first (changing in the drop list) then switch again to EET and install the whole main list as explained in previous post. Author of the second mod is working on new version that *should* add native EET compatibility, so you could install it along with other mods using EET option from drop list. 

Both I guess, didn't realize there was that big a difference.

also:

On 4/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, Cahir said:

12: Reduced Experience for killing monsters (reduce by 75%)

from test the mettle, doesn't that conflict with the respective component in EET Tweaks?

On 4/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, Cahir said:

2051: XP for killing creatures (decrease to 75%) -> added after enlightening discussion with @Lightbringer and @subtledoctor

Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Alright. its just for the mod itself... now I feel dumb.

Edited by LukeSolas

@AL|EN Thanks for the reply, looking forward to it. I already like PI much more than the other tool by roxanne. I simply think your is cleaner, even if I would really like some QoL features added (Like the ability to mark more than one mod or component at the same time or directly build the install order from a .csv )

@Cahir I figured it out myself last weekend after a little trial and error. Gonna try and manage this in the next week. I think I have currently exactly your modlist, for simplicity's sake... for now. Might have an updated install order for you then. No guarantees though.