Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

@AL|EN so I did as you said, but ran into a peculiar problem...

I own SoD via GOG, where it is sold as a DLC for the bg1 enhanced edition. And there, as far as I can tell, it is already integrated into the main game as a patch. 

Therefore I don't have the Siege of Dragonspear path the installer asks for... did I do something wrong?

I have respective paths to BG:EE, BG:EE with SoD, BG II: EE, as well as BG II: EE for EET.

3 hours ago, LukeSolas said:

Therefore I don't have the Siege of Dragonspear path the installer asks for... did I do something wrong?

I have respective paths to BG:EE, BG:EE with SoD, BG II: EE, as well as BG II: EE for EET.

Well, you have probably not installed the DLC merger to the BG1EE+SoD, as that makes the game into one solid game that the EET can import into the BG2EE folder and then you have the whole game as one package. Don't know about the PI, but it should allow you to install the whole thing into the BG2EE folder and have all the others removed.

So when it asks the BG1EE directory, you give it the BG1EE+SoD one, not the non...+SoD one !

On 10/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, Endarire said:

@LukeSolas
If you install mods manually (that is, without Project Infinity or EET Install Tool), then you need to merge BG1EE and SoD for EET.

With ?

As in, you might want to not LEAVE mystery such as this hanging ... via using the DLC merger tool. And yes, it needs to be installed to the game before you install any other mods, and you don't need it only for EET, but also to modify the original BGEE + SoD at all.

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, @Jarno Mikkola and @LukeSolas, before I could install EET, I had to use the DLC Merger to merge BG1EE and SoD.

Rather than say this, you should say that you used the DLC Merger to gain a modifiable BG1EE+SoD game. After that you used the EET to port the modifiable games complete data into the BG2EE, and thus have a pentalogy. So it's actually EEP. 😛 And after we add the IWDEE, we get a Hexalogy, aka EEH. Or -sigh-

I've seen Kivan of Shilmista in this build. It's a mod I also use.

In every build I tried, it seems to conflict with the BG1 NPC Project. Kivan can't equip his unique bow if NPC Project, or, more specifically "Banters, Quests and Interjections" is present. Have you people also experienced this? Is your BG2 Kivan also unable to equip his bow, or did I just fail at installing stuff?

@Endarire red means that I remove a mod or a component from my lost for one reason or the other. Green means that I added one.

I will be coming back to the idea of doing this playthrough now that we finally finished translating SoD to Polish and I will revise my list. It will be much leaner, there are two many tweaks and gameplay changes at the moment. I want the experience more closer to vanilla this time.

Edited by Cahir

Cahir, wybacz mi mój polski, bo jest zardzewiały. Istnieją polskie mody, które są prawdziwymi perełkami. Czy zespół kiedykolwiek rozważał przetłumaczenie ich na język angielski, aby społeczność mogła z nimi eksperymentować?

3 hours ago, Guest Pigmul said:

Cahir, wybacz mi mój polski, bo jest zardzewiały. Istnieją polskie mody, które są prawdziwymi perełkami. Czy zespół kiedykolwiek rozważał przetłumaczenie ich na język angielski, aby społeczność mogła z nimi eksperymentować?

As jastey wrote, please stick to English in this topic.

As for your question. Who knows? It's much harder to translate from Polish to English than the other way around and there are only a handful of us in the Polish community, who are able to do it right. And by "right" I mean to do it in a way that native English speaker won't cringe while reading it. I, for one, don't have any plans to translate a mod from Polish to English in the near future, but who knows, maybe someone from our SoD translation team or from Children of Bhaal community will accept the challenge. IF I would decide to do it, it would be only "Nowe Opowieści z Wybrzeża Mieczy" from nowus777, but I would definitely need a group of people to help me with this monumental task. This mod is massive. Besides, nowus777 is planning a new version on spring, so it's better wait for it before starting.

But let's get back on topic, please. If you have some additional questions on the matter, feel free to PM me here.