v4b10 or v3.0.17 for BG2EE?

Guest ralessandro634@gmail.com

Hello,

I see that version 4.10 is compatible with BG2EE, but it's still a pre-release.

On the other hand, 3.17 is a final release but the readme doesn't specify if it's compatible with the enhanced edition.

Which of the two should I install for BG2EE?

16 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The Revised is a different, not exactly better, just different incarnation of the mod. You get to choose which to install.

Good to know! Could you please give me a brief overview of the main differences? 

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Wait really? Better how?

EDIT - oh, you mean as far as integrating 1PP visual content?

The 1PP content, correct Shaman usabilities, fixed projectile deflection problems, setting the quantities back to the EE defaults, some BG1:EE-specific fixes involving wrong/different item codes, more handled items (including some overlooked EET ones), IDK, maybe some other stuff.

Are these catalogued anywhere? I’ve been idly bug-fixing some stuff in IR, and it would be nice for people to get fixes without being forced to use IRR - no offense, but your changes are not to everyone’s taste, and unfortunately it is still a monolithic all-or-nothing proposition... I can code up fixes but I don’t see all these bugs (my own mod overrides Shaman usability, etc.) so I would need help just identifying what needs work. 

EDIT -

Done, see here.

Edited by subtledoctor