Incompatible with Unfinished Business? Prism's statue never completes

Hi all! Does anyone have experience on running the NPC Project alongside Unfinished Business?

I am currently unable to help poor Prism complete his sculpture. After Greywolf's death, Prism simply becomes unresponsive, uttering [PRISM 2] from the .tlk file ("Soon... my work will be done"). Nothing else happens. Though if I pickpocket him at this point, then give back the gem, I can summon another Greywolf, thus farming an unlimited number of Varsconas. Which, don't get me wrong, is nice, but I would much rather see Prism's life's work complete than have six characters dual-wielding Varscona into the mines.

As far as I can tell, the only mods I have that modify the prism.dlg are the NPC Project and Unfinished Business, so I'd wager there's some incompatibility here? I installed Unfinished Business first, which I think its readme suggested.

I'll attach my current .dlg file just in case someone here is fluent in IE (which I am not).

I'd be thankful for any help! For now I'm just leaving poor Prism alone.

prism.dlg

I use among others the BG1 NPC and UB mods and I had no problems.

On the other hand I didn't install the "Prism and the Emeralds Tweak" component from UB, because the problem with the emeralds and Prism has been fixed in BGEE.

Maybe if you just uninstall this component and reload a save before you meet Prism, you won't have this problem anymore?

Edited by ManekiNeko-89

Is it really fixed in BGEE? If I uninstall the "Prism and the Emeralds Tweak" component, I just get the "Alas, it was all for naught" ending where Prism wanders away and vanishes, leaving the sculpture unfinished.

PS: I have also tried meeting Prism without any party members who interject into the conversation, but without success.

Edited by BettaGeorge

@BettaGeorge

would you post your weidu.log, please? The current version of bg1ub should skip the Prism component for BG:EE v2.5x afaik so that didn't seem to have worked.

And the dlg is only useful in combination with the game's dialog.tlk (because the strings are stored there). Better attach the decompiled .d file.

52 minutes ago, jastey said:

@BettaGeorge

would you post your weidu.log, please? The current version of bg1ub should skip the Prism component for BG:EE v2.5x afaik so that didn't seem to have worked.

And the dlg is only useful in combination with the game's dialog.tlk (because the strings are stored there). Better attach the decompiled .d file.

Ah dang, I had already scrubbed my game files to do a clean install when I read your message. I have attached the new weidu log.

Upon installing, UB still asks me whether I want to install the Prism fix. I replied no this time.

This leaves me with the "'twas all for naught" outcome.

(I do have the correct mod version, right? I downloaded UB from pocketplane because I could not find a git repo for it.)

Edit: Never mind. I found the github project page, and my UB version is horribly outdated. I am so sorry for bothering you. I'll go stand in a corner while it reinstalls.

weidu.log

Edited by BettaGeorge
1 minute ago, BettaGeorge said:

Thank you! Serves me right for downloading from anywhere other than the project repo, I guess.

I think it would be wise to download all PPG mods from PPG github repo. I don't think dl links on the site will be updated any time soon. 

21 minutes ago, BettaGeorge said:

I found the github project page, and my UB version is horribly outdated. I am so sorry for bothering you. I'll go stand in a corner while it reinstalls.

Nono, that's on me because I didn't tell Kulyok there's a newer version so the PPG site should be updated.