Cannot initiate Resource Importation during Install

Apologies, I don't know how to format because I rarely go on forums.

Using the Steam copy with modmerger and dlcmerger both installed. This is the message I get.

```
TLK merging...
Copying 1 file ...
[EET\bin\win32\x86_64\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Copying and patching 1 file ...

tlk_start = 103240; tlk_end = 299661
ERROR: No translation provided for @103240
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   2 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      2 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Using Language [English]
```

This was after interpreting a previous error as a misread (original text before this one below)

```

'EET.flag' file is used by WeiDU to recognize the installation as EET
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: COPY ~EET/temp/EET.lnk~ ~C:\Users\James~ FAILED: cannot open target

ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 14841 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    14841 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Sys_error("C:\\Users\\James: Permission denied")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Using Language [English]

```

What do I do?

43 minutes ago, Jmangelo67 said:

Steam copy with modmerger and dlcmerger both installed

Your steam BG1EE+SoD only needs the dlcmerger. NOT both. And just incase, you need to install the EET onto your BG2EE directory, not to James... as that's the user profile, which should have sub directory like "Games" or what ever that's called in your native language and after that "BG2EE" ... so you run the setup-EET.exe in C:\Users\James\Games\BG2EE\ ...

10 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Your steam BG1EE+SoD only needs the dlcmerger. NOT both. And just incase, you need to install the EET onto your BG2EE directory, not to James... as that's the user profile, which should have sub directory like "Games" or what ever that's called in your native language and after that "BG2EE" ... so you run the setup-EET.exe in C:\Users\James\Games\BG2EE\ ...

I took off modmerger (I was using it for another mod) but the file is, in fact, in my directory. Since it is a Steam copy it is under Steam/steamapps/common/"BG2EE"

If I am not mistaken, that line is where the file is intended to go. Any other ideas? Because it still didn't work.

1 minute ago, Jmangelo67 said:

Since it is a Steam copy it is under Steam/steamapps/common/"BG2EE"

On a C drive ? Assuming you use a updated Operation System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 ? Cause in that case you should install all your games, if you use the C drive into here: C:\Users\<windows user name>\Games\

Rather than in the default steam directory, because you cannot rewrite files in there. This is because of Window. Yes, you can change the games install folder even in Steam.

3 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

On a C drive ? Assuming you use a updated Operation System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 ? Cause in that case you should install all your games, if you use the C drive into here: C:\Users\<windows user name>\Games\

Rather than in the default steam directory, because you cannot rewrite files in there. This is because of Window. Yes, you can change the games install folder even in Steam.

Yeah I've gone into C:/Users/Name/ and there is no "Games" folder. There is Saved Games, but only thing in there is DIablo II, Pillars of Eternity... not BG. I do have a \Documents, but that is not a directory (at least, according to the installer).

And yeah to clarify, using Windows 10

15 minutes ago, Jmangelo67 said:

Yeah I've gone into C:/Users/Name/ and there is no "Games" folder.

You can create the "Games" folder into there, and then use that address by copying it, and then use that to install the game into it.

32 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

You can create the "Games" folder into there, and then use that address by copying it, and then use that to install the game into it.

Nevermind, I did as you said and put both Baldur's Gates in there and tried to install it. Same problem

3 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Erhm, the only thing I can ask is the entire setup-eet.debug file's content. You should be able to attach it into the forum, as long as you put it in a .zip package.

Yeah of course. Do you have somewhere I can send it? It exceeds the .98 MB threshold

12 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, any service you want to share it via will do. ZipShare for example, is the first google gives me... but it's totally up to you where you want to send it to and from. As you should be aware that sites will use your email address to make targeted ads etc.

https://www.zipshare.com/download/eyJhcmNoaXZlSWQiOiJiNDM2MzFjNy00YzBmLTRiMmYtYmQwYy0xOWExYTdlN2E5YWEiLCJlbWFpbCI6ImphbWVzYW5nZWxvcG91bG9zNjdAaG90bWFpbC5jb20ifQ==

Hmm, you trouble starts from this:

opying 1 file ...
Copied [.../shortcut.bat] to [shortcut.bat] (NO BACKUP MADE!)
Copying 1 file ...
[EET/temp/EET.lnk] loaded, 2161 bytes
ERROR: COPY ~EET/temp/EET.lnk~ ~C:\Users\James~ FAILED: cannot open target

Unable to Unlink [EET/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "EET/backup/0/OTHER.0")
WARNING: Cannot uninstall STRING_SET #199057, out of range 0 -- 103241
WARNING: Cannot uninstall STRING_SET #199056, out of range 0 -- 103241
WARNING: Cannot uninstall STRING_SET #199055, out of range 0 -- 103241

And it continue a long after that. Unfortunately, I have no glues on what that's about. So take the rest of this with a grain of salt:

But you have the BG1EE installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/ ... that might become problem in the current up to date Windows Operation Systems as they disallow alterations like said in the above post.

PS, here's the above attachment, as I have free space to attach files;  SETUP-EET.zip

Edited by Jarno Mikkola