CutSceneMode() and opcode #126 (0x7E) Stat: Movement Modifier

When cut scene is activated with CutSceneMode() opcode #126 (0x7E) Stat: Movement Modifier,  #176 (0xB0) Stat: Movement Modifier (II) does nothing, affected creature moves with normal speed instead until EndCutSceneMode() is called.

There is several opcodes that work differently in cut scenes eg. creatures inside MAZE #213 are visible, Stun effect are ignored etc..

Haste #16, Haste2 #317 opcodes seem to work inside cut scenes also.

Note: about opcode #318 Protection from Resource

From my testing it seems, this is not true what is written about #318 (0x13E) Protection from Resource, effects from eff files cannot be blocked by this opcode #318 nor even spells effects can't be blocked if the effect is added outside of "Special ability". Effect outside of "Special ability" is applied immediately after appearing casting glow (immediately after clicking on spell icon).

I think reason why someone thinks eff can be blocked is, because the name is same as spell but in reality the spell itself is blocked not the effect. Any effect inside "Special ability" is blocked also doesn't matter what is the name of the effect. So simply say only effects inside "Special ability" can be blocked by #318 (0x13E) Protection from Spell Resource. (word "Spell" is missing)

Same with #101 (0x65) Protection: from Opcode, this effect cannot block effects from EFF files, EFF files are applied by affected creature itself therefore are immunities ignored, eg. when mage cast fireball active Spell Immunity: Evocation, he is hurt by his own "Fireball" or "Incendiary Cloud" spells, mage is immune only against evocation spells casted by other casters.

ChangeEnemyAlly() doesn't work properly with BG2:EE 2.5

IF
    HotKey(T)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObject("Bodhi",Myself)
        Wait(2)
        ChangeEnemyAlly("Bodhi",CONTROLLED) // doesnt work with BG2EE 2.5 same problem like AddFamiliar(), this can be used to update action bar SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON1,0)
        //ActionOverride("Bodhi",SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON1,0))
        Wait(2)
        ChangeEnemyAlly("Bodhi",ENEMY) // this worked on BG2EE 2.5, because bodhi attacked nearest Player
END

Simulacrum SpellBook Bug:

Cast Simulacrum, then select created Simulacrum image and click to second or first weapon slot to switch weapon, open wizard book W and now you see spell book of your Simulacrum image, repeat same with your mage who casted Simulacrum to get your SpellBook back, casting spell also return original SpellBook (= same update action bar bug).

Edited by Gamemacik
47 minutes ago, Gamemacik said:

Note: about opcode #318 Protection from Resource

All immunity/protection opcodes can block EFF files based on their content, as long as both are setup properly (which varies by protection/immunity opcode).  However, 7eyes.2da cannot.

They are still subject to their normal limitations - i.e. Deflection effects can only block effects originating from others.  However,  op101 is NOT a deflection effect - it will block effects (including EFFs) regardless of their source (though some opcodes and engine mechanics have options to specifically bypass op101 separately from this).

Casting/Global effects have no parent resource, so using EFF files is the only way to block them by resource (aside from blocking the empty/null resource, which WILL block them, but which also has undesirable side-effects).

The word "Spell" is not missing - it was renamed because it was misleading, as the opcode can also block effects from items, as well as EFF files of any resource type, unlike op206, which is limited to spell effect and EFF files with resource type "Spell".

Cutscene's suppress any effect that may cause them to crash or hang, or at least that's the intent you're seeing.

Not seeing the issue with ChangeEnemyAlly() in BG2EE.  EA value is altered as specified.

BG2: EE v 2.5.16.6  ChangeEnemyAlly() will change circle color but creature is stil not controllable, i casted some buff spell to update her EA. Save/Load works also...

IF
    HotKey(T)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObjectEffect("_!BODHI1","",Myself)  // Bodhi
        Wait(2)
        ActionOverride("_!BODHI1",ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,CONTROLLED))
        Wait(2)
END

eQCJ1TN.gifUvXOtJq.gif

Spell Immunities, i did not modify her belt in any way nor i did not remove any protection

7iwoNjI.gif

Edited by Gamemacik

Your expecting it to do something else.  ChangeEnemyAlly() only changes the EA value, it doesn't alter the creature's controllable flag.

Not sure what you're trying to show about petrification - it doesn't put the creature in the lie down animation, so whatever you're using has been modified, obvious by the spells name: "So be it. Bye Bye mon cowboy". But I don't see how any of this has anything to do with what I was talking about regarding immunity.

Her Belt protects against enough, but not everything.

21 hours ago, kjeron said:

Not seeing the issue with ChangeEnemyAlly() in BG2EE.  EA value is altered as specified.

ChangeEnemyAlly it should update creature's EA as it does for other values such GOODBUTRED or ENEMY... etc. but it does not do that for CONTROLLABLE or ALLY, creature remains uncontrollable, that means it is not true what you said. ... i cant explain better.

And the spell of course it is custom spell which i made, it bypass her immunities and her "Protection from Petrification".

7FR0VNs.gif

It DOES update the creature's EA value, as can easily be checked with script triggers, Ctrl+M or by examining a save file.  You assume that includes whether the creature is controllable, it does not.

Petrification - let me guess, you're using op272 instead of 177/183/283 or 248/249?  As I said, the immunity opcodes are still subject to their normal limitations.

Those opcodes cannot block effects applied internally by the engine, and op272 applies it's effects in a similar such manner.

It's no different from an op101 specifying op13 (Immunity to effect: Kill) failing to prevent lethal damage from applying a kill effect.

This is actually where 7eyes.2da comes in, as it can block such internal effects that the immunity opcodes cannot.

It's also another reason why op272 should never be used for anything other than 146 and similar spell-casting opcodes.

Edited by kjeron