4udr4n's EET PI Multi-Install

4udr4n

5 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I see that you have the Almateria Restoration Project on your list.  Are you using the patch posted here? I see you have a note regarding install order as noted by @Cahir in this post.  I also recall a post on a possible incompatibility between ARP and BG1 NPC, but I can't find it right now.

I have never had any issues or warnings with ARP, so no, I'm just using 8.4.

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Was Divine Remix removed because of compatibility issues and getting the kits to work nicely with @subtledoctor's Faiths & Powers?

Yes, see here.

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I notice that you still have Song & Silence on your list.  Have you been able to get that one working, or has it been trimmed as well?

I'm only adding the stores, Raoul is at the Nashkel Carnival. Only issue is that some of the images in the item descriptions are broken.

16 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

How compatible is the Imoen Romance with Imoen Friendship technically and conceptually/stylistically?

Edit: Further research indicates that the Imoen Romance makes her more moody to reflect her experiences in BG2, while the Imoen Friendship is generally more upbeat and playful, reminiscent of BG1 Imoen.

That's a decent enough summary. They are technically compatible, and in my experience there were no jarring conceptual clashes playing with both, either - in fact, their talks complemented each other quite nicely, brushing different subjects, and the difference in mood, while present, never seemed enough to render her bipolar (at least as far I can recall). Then again, I could never quite have enough of Imoen. ;) 

14 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Was Divine Remix removed because of compatibility issues and getting the kits to work nicely with @subtledoctor's Faiths & Powers?

DR works fine with FnP.  (Well, DR kits - the DR spells component and sphere system do not work with FnP.)  IIRC the decision to remove DR was for other reasons.

EDIT - was ninja'd.  I guess 4udr4n said yes... but when I followed that linked post, I don't see any conflicts?

I worked hard to make sure DR kits work with FnP's stuff (barring DR's spells and spheres components, as noted); the biggest "incompatibility" is having multiple kits attached to the same deities, like a 'Nightcloak of Shar' and a 'Darkcloak of Shar;' a 'Strifeleader of Cyric' and a 'Sworn of Cyric;' etc.  Personally I think this is fine: there is no longer any concern about having too many kits, and all of those kits stem from actual PnP source material, and the game world's lore suggests that there can be various different sects, cults, and orders devoted to any given deity, with different names and different skills.  Including them as kits seems fine to me (but of course YMMV). Also you can of course omit a kit from one mod or the other, and use your preferred one.

If anyone is aware of any actual, specific compatibility issue between DR and FnP, please post it in the FnP thread, because I will fix it!

Final note: DRv8 itself has or had several bugs in its kits - several kit abilities would named incorrectly in the kit ability tables, and might be applied to the priest instead of granted to them (problematic for something like Oghma's Secret Word ability!) or just not granted at all.  And the Nighcloak's special weapon not working correctly.  Forgive the vague recollection, it's been a few years.  Anyway I made a bunch of fixes for these bugs, and it looks like the fixes were incorporated into the mod.  But G3 did not make a new release after that.  So in the case of DR you want to use the latest commit, not the latest release.

Edited by subtledoctor
On 5/20/2020 at 5:50 PM, subtledoctor said:

It's actually not that bad.  The bowl is kind of OP, but you usually don't get it until fairly late in the game.  Probably it should be have 1-3 charges and then disappear, instead of being used each day.  That would make it a special gift of the goddess, something you could use in the final fight, etc., but not allow it to trivialize the rest of the game.

I'm taking a look at the files for the potions now.  It's a bit difficult because I'm not sure what they are supposed to be doing.  In the EEs at least, this sort of thing should be relatively simply: have potion 1 cast a spell that sets the requisite conditions to pass those traps; and have potion 2 use opcode 321 to cancel the spell and return you to normal.  If anyone ( @AL|EN? ) has any experience with or knowledge of the mod and can help guide me, I could quite easily make an EE(T)-specific hotfix mod, if that is called for.

The other things don't strike me as very problematic.  The door has always been hard to find, but that is just questionable design, not a bug,  In the EEs you can highlight all doors with the touch of a button, so in EET games like the on in this thread, it should be trivial.  Failing to bring Edwin in to talk to the fiend is very much an edge case, which most users won't notice if they don't make a habit of leaving their party behind when going through doors, like the linked poster.  And killing the fiend and circumventing the quest... well, that seems like it should prevent you from continuing on the quest line.  That's just player choice.

The (increasingly inaccurate?) name of the mod might be the biggest issue with getting people to understand that...

I'm afraid that I can't give you anything more than what the thread already has. One potion basically turn player into Ghoul + apply curse + other penalties to pass trough spacial traps and the other one reverts process.

8 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

I'm afraid that I can't give you anything more than what the thread already has. One potion basically turn player into Ghoul + apply curse + other penalties to pass trough spacial traps and the other one reverts process.

I don't really see anything wrong from a glance at the potions in NI.  I don't know how the traps work, so I can't say much about the 1st potion.  I do see that it casts a spell 600 seconds after you imbibe it, and that spell appears to be what turns you into a ghoul.  So from an inspection in NI, that seems correct.  The second potion has 206 immunity vs. that spell for ~21,000 seconds, so taking the 2nd potion any time up to 599 seconds after the first one should work as intended to prevent the change.  The 2nd potion also has a number of unpleasant effects, with the same ~21,000 second duration.  That's about 8-9 days in-game; I think the description says the effects should last 2-3 days.  For my personal game, I changed the 206 effect to be permanent, and set the duration of the secondary effects to 2700 seconds (three times the duration of Stoneskin).  Seems a bit more reasonable, and should be just as effective from a functional standpoint.

(On reflection, this is all a bit heavy-handed - a mod that can permanently change your form and screw up the rest of the vanilla game?? If it were me I would change that, to become something that affects you for the duration of the mod, not the duration of the game.  Or perhaps, make the item that enforces the shapechange a cursed item, so it can be undone via Remove Curse/Break Enchantment.  Or make the shapechange last the same ~21,000 second duration as the 2nd potion, so you get some kind of bad effect for several days and it's up to you to choose which one.  But I suppose such editorializing is neither here nor there.)

Anyway, I've got this installed and intend to play it, so at some point in the next couple weeks we should have a fresh test on the EE 2.5 engine.

18 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

DR works fine with FnP.  (Well, DR kits - the DR spells component and sphere system do not work with FnP.)  IIRC the decision to remove DR was for other reasons.

EDIT - was ninja'd.  I guess 4udr4n said yes... but when I followed that linked post, I don't see any conflicts?

You're right, I was having issues with DR Druid Remix, but those are resolved. I removed it becasue I don't feel it adds anything I value.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:39 AM, Caedwyr said:

Keldorn Romance.  You may need to install Senesible Entrance Points from the Tweakpack (G3?) prior to installing Keldorn Romance in order for Keldorn to appear in the right location as per the mod's readme.

This shouldn't be necessary for the EE games. I'm not really interested in building a guide for the classic games as I don't own them anymore and compatibility is wildly different. I can give you edit permissions if you want to create an additional tab for classic stuff.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:41 AM, Caedwyr said:

There's a lot of stuff in there as well with the various megamods and Sorcerer's Place that probably needs a close look to see if they match the quality and balance you'd expect for your game.  They were mostly hit or miss, tending towards miss, back in the day and I don't see many of them having received any real rebalancing or other types of clean-up in the time since.  I haven't commented on them, since I didn't do more than take a cursory look at their current state.  At least most of them are now Weidu mods that don't just use Weidu to copy a dialog.tlk into your override.

I'm not overly concerned about including balance or quality information in the guide (though I am adding your comments) because it's so subjective, the content quality is likely to vary by language, and the balance can be all over the place depending on the combination of mods chosen.

I've added all of your other comments, thanks!

22 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

Keldorn Romance.  You may need to install Senesible Entrance Points from the Tweakpack (G3?) prior to installing Keldorn Romance in order for Keldorn to appear in the right location as per the mod's readme.

This is correct, but if the install order is the other way around it's not a game breaker. Keldorn will just wait at a different place inside the Order if send home via his kickout-dialogue. As long as you are aware of that and do not despair why he isn't inside th room where he's usually all is well.

Hi! Thank you for your guidance, I have been using your mod list as an example. I'm installing much less mods since I never make a full BG2 run. I wanted to ask you about your experience. I'm playing BG2:EE without EET.

I'm playing with a friend so first, did you test your mods in multiplayer? And second, I also installed S9SoundsetsVol2, but I always get Invalid Text or a random text for the subtitles when I have one of the voice selected. And each install is random. Has that also happened to you? 

Edited by Sephir6
3 minutes ago, Endarire said:

@Sephir6
I've played a modded multiplayer game.  I setup the files and gave them to the other players.  Things worked well.

Oh great, we are doing well but I tried to install EEex for some mods and we get a crash when one of us equip a shield. EEex is in alpha so I don't have many hopes. Did you install it and play in multiplayer?