4udr4n's EET PI Multi-Install

4udr4n

9 hours ago, lefreut said:

I was able to reproduce \o/ I have no idea how it can happen but at least now I can debug it.

Super, good luck.

@subtledoctor, my fighter/sorcerer has no spells, I click the innate "initialize sorcerer spellcasting" and it casts, but nothing happens and I do not recieve any spells. I was able to select 4 at character creation.

@subtledoctor recreatign the character, occasionally I don't get a prompt to memorise spells at creation, but usually I do. No spells are visible in my spellbook. Also, sometimes I don't even have the innate! Whenever I do get the innate, it does nothing. finally, I cannot write scrolls to spellbook before or after using the innate.

Current weidu log in an earlier post if you need it.

After initializing, you should have an item ability to learn spells. 

Learning spells at character creation is something forced on you by the game; we cannot override that but we eliminate those spells once you begin, and then provide the item ability to choose spells like a sorcerer, not a mage (since you are, after all, a sorcerer). As you say, you could pick four spells but sorcerers aren’t supposed to know four spells. 

Edited by subtledoctor
31 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

After initializing, you should have an item ability to learn spells. 

Learning spells at character creation is something forced on you by the game; we cannot override that but we eliminate those spells once you begin, and then provide the item ability to choose spells like a sorcerer, not a mage (since you are, after all, a sorcerer). As you say, you could pick four spells but sorcerers aren’t supposed to know four spells. 

No item ability appears at any point.

Weird.  I can't reproduce it.  I thought it might be an interaction with FnP spontaneous casting, but I just created a fighter/sorcerer on my iPad (BG2) and when I use the initialize ability, my backpack icon lights up and I can choose spells just fine.

BUT, I cannot cast them.  Either the spell-slot proficiency (108) is not being updated, or the learn spell effect is not fully functional.  I suspect the latter, it will need some investigation.

But that is unrelated to your problem.  Check your SPLSRCKN.2da file?  Is the number of known spells for level one nonzero?

If you don't want to wait, and you don't care that much about 8th- and 9th-level spells, you might want to try a Skald or Gallant instead.  Sorcerer-style casting, scroll-based learning, fighter-competent melee, and bard songs... they can be very fun.

Edited by subtledoctor
4 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

Thanks, what was causing it?

When two rolls have the same total, the autoroller will keep the one with the best exceptional strength. The bug was that the component uses an hardcoded list of races/classes that can get 18 strength. And it will fall in an infinite loop trying to extract the exceptional strength if a mod (for example Scales of Balance) changes stats requirements.

I have removed this list and use a more robust way to get this value (and I also do it only when needed so it should be a tiny bit faster).

On 6/4/2020 at 3:31 PM, subtledoctor said:

I thought it might be an interaction with FnP spontaneous casting, but I just created a fighter/sorcerer on my iPad (BG2) and when I use the initialize ability, my backpack icon lights up and I can choose spells just fine.  BUT, I cannot cast them.  Either the spell-slot proficiency (108) is not being updated, or the learn spell effect is not fully functional.  I suspect the latter, it will need some investigation.

I found a pretty nasty interaction between TnB Multiclass Sorcerers and my Mana Sorcerer mod.  They have been sharing some resources which, it turns out, cannot be shared.  Both will need updates.  Working on it now.  (Also have updates in the offing for Might & Guile and Will to Power.  Actually playing the game really helps find bugs and weird cross-mod interactions!)

I reeeeally need to figure out how to fully integrate mana casting with TnB/FnP...

Edited by subtledoctor