House near High Hedge (AR3201) - crossmod conflict with Ascalon's Questpack

Hi @Glam Vrock, Ascalon's Questpack also uses the house near High Hedge for a quest. Is there a chance that you would move the contents from your mod somewhere else?

The quest in Ascalon's Questpack features a couple where the wife is at Thalantyr's door looking for help and the man is inside the house (in a certain condition). I would consider moving the house+man but I can't move this quest arbitrarily to somewhere else as the distance to Thalantyr's abode should be reasonable (and I do not see an unused house in Beregost).

Mm. This would take a fair bit of rewriting. The fact that the "temple" of Talos is a poky little cabin in the woods comes up a lot in the dialogue, and it's a big part of the misfit identity of Dave's church. Unfortunately I didn't know the place was in use by another mod at the time, and I also don't know of any other unused houses in forest areas that would fit the bill.

Edited by Glam Vrock
13 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Easy way to evade this conflict is to resolve Ascalon's quest before recruiting Dave. I only wish that Belladona is available sooner than Balduran's island, alas. There is only one person on Abeir-Toril who can change that. Guess who? 

Good ol' Elminster? 😆

I am considering just moving the "man" outside into the wilderness with a blue circle and a dialogue thatbtoggles whether one wants to fight him or not.

Would make sense to me, although maybe not as much as if he is locked into a house.

In my current play-through those two quests got along surprisingly well. I did the werewolf quest (killed him) and 30 seconds later Dave got his transmission and we re-entered the house which now had a different interior. Made no sense of course but I could play out both quests just fine..

9 minutes ago, Angel said:

What about the abandoned house near the lake in the area where Drizzt is found?

I think the bg1re component "All that left was" plays there? I need to check whether that's the one. It doesn't have an intereor which wouldn't be too much of a problem to add, and the bg1re component's character introduced is somewhat special as in no ordinary man (spoiler), and the dialogue pretends they go inside  without making the house accessible.

It would still be weird, though, gwtting close in a temple of Talos... (at least I assume you proposed moving the temple.)

5 minutes ago, Ulb said:

In my current play-through those two quests got along surprisingly well. I did the werewolf quest (killed him) and 30 seconds later Dave got his transmission and we re-entered the house which now had a different interior. Made no sense of course but I could play out both quests just fine..

Haha that's hilarious.

17 minutes ago, jastey said:

I think the bg1re component "All that left was" plays there? I need to check whether that's the one. It doesn't have an intereor which wouldn't be too much of a problem to add, and the bg1re component's character introduced is somewhat special as in no ordinary man (spoiler), and the dialogue pretends they go inside  without making the house accessible.

It would still be weird, though, gwtting close in a temple of Talos... (at least I assume you proposed moving the temple.)

Yeah, that's a common problem, different mods re-purposing the same building.  In my current setup, there's also a conflict between Stone of Askavar and Gavin for BG1, which both use the same house in Beregost.