Error installing BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

Guest ajpbyrne

Guest ajpbyrne

Hi,

I have a GOG installation of BGEE (including Siege of Dragonspear), and am trying to install the BG1 NPC Project, but am getting errors with Banters, Quests and Interjections, and it won't install. I get the message below:

ERROR: BIFF [.\DATA\TUTORIAL.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", ".\\DATA\\TUTORIAL.BIF")

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [TTGEM01.ITM] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

The rest of the installation is fine, but obviously these components are key...can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Adam

This is a more general error message not necessarily related to BG1NPC. Did you install other mods successfully?

Did you prepare your game before installation of mods using DLC Merger?

Did you run the setup-bg1npc.exe inside the folder where the file CHITIN.KEY is? EDIT Wait, you already installed the main component so that's not a question.

There is a general patching routine for Kivan's spear effect in this component. This somehow fails in your game.

Guest ajpbyrne

Hi and thanks for your help.

BG1NPC was the first mod I tried installing. I didn't use DLC merger I used Modmerge, could that be a problem? I thought I'd done everything by the book, will uninstall and reinstall the game with DLC merger instead and see if there's any difference?

No, modmerge is fine. (DLC Merger is a bit superior as you can also deinstall it like a mod but they do the same.)

I'm afraid I'm not much of a help then, as I am not firm with these regexp kind of patches. The thing is, TTGEM01.ITM isn't called by the mod directly so I can't help you with deactivating a script block or the like.

Hopefully someone else has an idea.