Back for another playthrough

9 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

* (I assume the SCS system reads PROFS.2da and gives NPCs proficiencies accordingly.  If on the other hand SCS assumes the vanilla proficiency system, then this can all be ignored and SoB's bonus proficiencies should be left intact to be added on top of the SCS changes.)

SCS sets the NPCs' levels to zero and wipes all their proficiencies. Then they just level up normally - the first level gives them their level-one proficiencies as per the standard character-generation screen. (It isn't quite perfect - thief skills need manual adjustment.)

Just now, DavidW said:

SCS sets the NPCs' levels to zero and wipes all their proficiencies. Then they just level up normally - the first level gives them their level-one proficiencies as per the standard character-generation screen. (It isn't quite perfect - thief skills need manual adjustment.)

Ah.  So yeah, in that case you can simply use 172 or whatever to remove the innate abilities ("d5pr0f[a-p].spl" and "d5prof[a-p].spl") when they activate the SCS customization.

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Yeah, this is probably because he has a fighter kit.  @jastey if you tell me the kit name (as in, "ADD_KIT ~_________~), I can carve out an exception and set styles to zero, or whatever you want.

@subtledoctor Grey's kit is called ~C#WARDOG~.  It makes sense for him to be able to get pips in dagger, hammer, and two weapon style (his teeth and paw).

4 hours ago, DavidW said:

At the start of Shar-Teel’s dialog, cast a spell that sets Grey’s gender to ‘Other’. At the end of it, cast another spell that resets it to ‘male’.

That sounds useful indeed. I was a bit lazy and thought that this way I don't have to deal with similar problems in the future but so far, I don't think there are any similar instances.

Regarding the 1 hp Vienxay character after leveling up and likely the low HP Jaheira, here are the mods that modified Vienxay's .cre file

Mods affecting X3VIEN.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~VIENXAY/VIENXAY.TP2~ 0 0 // Vienxay NPC for BG1EE1.56
00001:  ~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ 0 66 // Innate Find Familiar0.8.52
00002:  ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 122 // WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changesv5.23
00003:  ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 207 // SBO - Hit Dice OverhaulCloser to average hit pointsv5.23
00004:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 4100 // Improved NPC customisation and managementv33.3
00005:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)v33.3

So the HP weirdness may very well be a function of an interaction between SBO Hit Dice Overhaul and Improved NPC customization.

For reference, Vienxay's original HP was 6 in her mod folder X3Vien.cre file.  She has STR 15, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 11

The version in the Override folder has 10 hp, and the same stats.

I did not have "max HP at first level" turned on in the options.  She had more HP when I first met her, but after I leveled her up from 0 she went to 0/1 hp and even after raised at a temple only had 1 hp.

Here is the same check for Jaheir.cre

Mods affecting JAHEIR.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~EET/EET.TP2~ 0 0 // EET core (resource importation)1.0 RC12
00001:  ~QUESTPACK/SETUP-QUESTPACK.TP2~ 0 6 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plotv3.4
00002:  ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modificationsv24.8
00003:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Editionv33.3
00004:  ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ 0 605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good8.1
00005:  ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 4041 // Consistent Stats: JaheiraUse BG2 Valuesv9
00006:  ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 122 // WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changesv5.23
00007:  ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 207 // SBO - Hit Dice OverhaulCloser to average hit pointsv5.23
00008:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 4100 // Improved NPC customisation and managementv33.3
00009:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)v33.3
00010:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6010 // Better calls for helpv33.3

As CamDawg said, it doesn't appear as though ToB-Style NPCs has interacted directly with either .cre file

13 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

Vienxay's original HP was 6

The version in the Override folder has 10 hp

This seems to be as expected.  So the question is, if the creature has 10 hp, then why does it drop to 1?

FWIW this is one reason I never did the "drop to level 0 and then level up to level 1" thing*... I don't understand how that works w/r/t hit points and I don't trust the engine to handle it correctly. Shouldn't you have zero hp at level 0? But if you have zero hp then you die... so if a mod keeps you at more than zero hp when at level 0, then won't you have too many hp when you "level up" to level 1?

*NB, just because I do not know or trust the game engine does not mean someone else does.  This is not meant as a knock on SCS for doing that; DavidW's knowledge of such things far exceeds mine.

Might want to post the first 12 or so lines of HPWIZ.2da (is Vienxay a wizard?  If not post whatever hit point table he or she uses.) If SoB is the last thing to change the table, then it should look like this:

2DA V1.0
    SIDES   ROLLS   MODIFIER
1   7       1       0
2   4       1       0
3   4       1       0
4   4       1       0
5   4       1       0
6   4       1       0
7   4       1       0
8   4       1       0
9   4       0       2
10  4       0       2

Leveling up from level 0 (or, you know, the legal fiction we are calling level 0 since there is not really supposed to be a level 0) should get you 1d7 hit points.  I think the game automatically applies max hp at level 1 so it should be (my mod assumes it anyway) a full 7 hit points.  If anything, I would expect Vienxay to have too many hit points; the +4 bonus that SoB applies is meant for NPCs who never get that larger roll at level 1.  But I suppose SCS eliminates that +4 bonus when it demotes you to level 0; and that something is going wrong when it tries to apply the 1d7 upon "leveling up" to level 1.

20 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

This seems to be as expected.  So the question is, if the creature has 10 hp, then why does it drop to 1?

FWIW this is one reason I never did the "drop to level 0 and then level up to level 1" thing*... I don't understand how that works w/r/t hit points and I don't trust the engine to handle it correctly. Shouldn't you have zero hp at level 0? But if you have zero hp then you die... so if a mod keeps you at more than zero hp when at level 0, then won't you have too many hp when you "level up" to level 1?

*NB, just because I do not know or trust the game engine does not mean someone else does.  This is not meant as a knock on SCS for doing that; DavidW's knowledge of such things far exceeds mine.

Might want to post the first 12 or so lines of HPWIZ.2da (is Vienxay a wizard?  If not post whatever hit point table he or she uses.) If SoB is the last thing to change the table, then it should look like this:

2DA V1.0
    SIDES   ROLLS   MODIFIER
1   7       1       0
2   4       1       0
3   4       1       0
4   4       1       0
5   4       1       0
6   4       1       0
7   4       1       0
8   4       1       0
9   4       0       2
10  4       0       2

Leveling up from level 0 (or, you know, the legal fiction we are calling level 0 since there is not really supposed to be a level 0) should get you 1d7 hit points.  I think the game automatically applies max hp at level 1 so it should be (my mod assumes it anyway) a full 7 hit points.  If anything, I would expect Vienxay to have too many hit points; the +4 bonus that SoB applies is meant for NPCs who never get that larger roll at level 1.  But I suppose SCS eliminates that +4 bonus when it demotes you to level 0; and that something is going wrong when it tries to apply the 1d7 upon "leveling up" to level 1.

Override version of HPWiz.2da gives the following

2DA V1.0
    SIDES   ROLLS   MODIFIER
1   7       1       0
2   4       1       0
3   4       1       0
4   4       1       0
5   4       1       0
6   4       1       0
7   4       1       0
8   4       1       0
9   4       0       2
10  4       0       2
11  4       0       2
12  4       0       2
13  4       0       2
14  4       0       2
15  4       0       2
16  4       0       1
17  4       0       1
18  4       0       1
19  4       0       1
20  4       0       1
21  4       0       1
22  4       0       1
23  4       0       1
24  4       0       1
25  4       0       1
26  4       0       1
27  4       0       1
28  4       0       1
29  4       0       1
30  4       0       1
31  4       0       1
32  4       0       1
33  4       0       1
34  4       0       1
35  4       0       1
36  4       0       1
37  4       0       1
38  4       0       1
39  4       0       1
40  4       0       1

This also looks like it should be giving a lot more HP.

Separate from that, I've noticed that leveling up thief characters I can still spend points in single increments.  It appears as though

Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five (BGEE,BG2EE,EET)

This component edits the user interface so that thief skill points are spent in multiples of five. This is purely a convenience tweak: there is no real reason to spend skill points in smaller increments and it can be tedious to have to do so. The edit is compatibility-friendly and is unlikely to interfere with other UI mods.

Doesn't do anything.  Is there any file I can check to see if it is installed correctly?

I tried using generalized biffing of both the lightweight and heavy duty variants.  The lightweight version didn't make any difference during character creation and the game would still momentarily hang each time the auto-roller rolled the dice.  They heavy duty version actually did make a bit of a difference at reducing the initial pause when starting a new character creation, but did not eliminate the problems with the auto-roller.  I'm running an i5-4690k and I'm guessing my computer isn't quite beefy enough to run the auto-roller with the number of mod files I have without problems.

A possible bug with Haiass.  @jasteyHaiass's Chew Toy (JUGUE.ITM) is flagged as a critical item (can't be dropped or sold), however it can't be moved in my character's inventory either because it does not have the droppable flag checked as well.  This is a minor annoyance because your character may have a full or partially full inventory when you first get the whistle and it may end up stuck in an inventory slot that causes OCD irritation on the part of the player.

Attached the fixed item that can be dropped into Haiass/ITM folder in the mod installer folder.

jugue.itm

Edited by Caedwyr
2 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I'm running an i5-4690k and I'm guessing my computer isn't quite beefy enough to run the auto-roller with the number of mod files I have without problems.

How many files are in /override after biffing?? I seriously doubt it’s a hardware/file count issue. I’m running the game with 56,000 files in override, with zero biffing, on a circa 2014 iPad Mini 2 with an A7 processor and 1GB of RAM. It’s the equivalent of a mid-level PC from ~2005. There is a ~5-minute startup delay, and a ~60-second pause when generating a new character or loading a savegame, and a 30-second pause the first time I use a spontaneous ability from FnP/TnB/WtP. But no delay that I can recall when using the auto-roller.

I'm going to end up abandoning this install, fixing a bunch of stuff and trying again.  I discovered that a couple of the mods I had installed had recently discovered crash bugs and I'd rather not have to give up the game most of the way through when I'm so near the start.  

I noticed that there was an early July update to EEUI Tweaks that makes the auto-roller less CPU intensive, so I'm going to give that a try.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:59 PM, Caedwyr said:

I did the small fedex quest in Candlekeep for Recorder (fetched the paladin, went back to Recorder, they walked away together), however while I was given the potion as a reward my journal was not updated and no xp reward was given.

A minor thing.  Hull, the guard in Candlekeep is presented as being only a couple of years older than CHARNAME in BG1 Romantic Encounters, however the Portraits Portraits Everywhere mod uses a picture that looks older than Keldorn.

ytm8thxopg68.bmp
@jastey @smeagolheart

Not game-breaking, but a minor inconsistency.  The install order I've used places PPE after BG1 Romantic Encounters based on the recommendations in the readmes.

I've fixed this by swapping PPE/Portraits/Hull.bmp with PPE/RandomPortraits/Fighters/S9LFM74.bmp.

The new, younger Hull is below

HULL.jpg.727df848a9c81804576c860ed7884be4.jpg

HULL.bmp