Back for another playthrough

Bardic Wonders Dancer Kit

• The Dancer can only put two pips in Two Weapon Style, likely due to Scales of Balance Fighting Style Overhaul @subtledoctor.  The cleanest way would be to copy however the text for the Blade gets modified by Fighting Style Overhaul since it also originally had text that said

Advantages:

• May place 3 slots in Two-Weapon Style.
  • The Dancer should probably lose access to the Refinements Enhanced Bard Song HLA since it conflicts with the Dancer's custom bard song.Lingering Song should have its prerequisite changed to Swift-as-Flowing-Water for the Dancer. @subtledoctor
Edited by Caedwyr
2 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

From a consistent player experience, I like the fact that all the summons are coloured green, buffs are blue, attack spells are red, and divination/utility is white

I actually really dislike this, I think it is unnecessarily restricting. Admittedly I come with the perspective of someone who can recolor BAMs easily but cannot make new ones. I think it’s sort of ridiculous that I might be able to make awesome new spells, but would be prevented from doing so because I don’t own or use Photohop. 

So Faiths & Powers recolors Entangle from red to green... simply because it is nature-y. Vines are green! But Grammarsalad’s new “Assassin Vines” spell gets the original red icon, because it’s dangerous and red means danger. That doesn’t follow the base game’s “rule” for spell colors... but if it’s the difference between the mod being made or not, then I’ll chuck the rule out the window. And anyway the rule is silly, and arbitrary, and plenty of spells don’t fit neatly into those categories. 

I never clicked to cast a spell because it was red and I needed an offensive spell; I also need to know its range, and whether it is damaging or disabling, and which type of damage/disable it applies, etc. I need to know which spell it is, in other words. I suspect there would be no difference as far as playability if all spells were the same color, or a mish-mash of colors with no theme. 

This is neither here nor there of course, just an opinion.

Your point about invisibility needing a portrait icon is a good one. That might be the kind of thing I could add in TnB’s Revised Invisibility. Though, there’s still the issue of making a new (portrait, in this case) icon. Anyone want to make one and donate it? Or, anyone know if Sanctuary usually uses a portrait icon? If do I could cannibalize it. 

On colors of icons, it doesn't really matter all that much, it's more of a comment around the OCD pleasing nature of consistency in colouring, since the icon colors are chosen for a reason as a way of communicating information graphically.

Regarding invisibility needing a portrait icon, I'd honestly forgotten that this wasn't something the game did already.  I guess I was just used to the text feedback when someone went invisible.

3 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

At argent77's suggestion I ran change-log on hidespl.2da and got the following results:

So it appears the mod that causes Heavenly Inferno to show up for players is either SCS or Tome & Blood @subtledoctor.

I went and examined all the Hidespl.2da files grabbed by Change-log and none of them included SPPR736 (Heavenly Inferno).  Attached the files.

Hidespl736.zip

Heavenly Inferno is properly in HIDESPL.2da in my game.  I have

• Spell Revisions
  • SCS IWD spells
  • TotLM-in-BG2EE
  • Tome & Blood
  • SCS AI

installed in that order, and the spell is properly added to HIDESPL.2da and no other mod removed it or overwrote it.  So something has gone a bit wonky in your test install.  Might want to check it again when you have an install that is more final.

Worst comes to worst you can just add it manually.  Just open HIDESPL.2da in a text editor and paste at the bottom:

SPPR736    1    0    0

(Or whatever filename it is in that install.   In my current game it is SPPR742.)

@Caedwyrjust FYI, @Lavareleased new version of mods from his Colours of Infinity series with updated EE item descriptions (that are now more in line with original items). Maybe it's not super important for you specifically, but this lack of consistency in item descriptions was bugging me for some time. 

I have a txt file where I add notes about what mod components to update, add, and remove for my next install.  The list on the first page is a bit out of date.  I have an annoying journal bug and a few other issues that have somehow crept in so once I am through testing all kit/class content by creating a character and leveling them up one level at a time in Candlekeep as well as any easy to access new content I will do a refresh on my install.

I added the Lava mod updates today and I saw your contribution.  Thanks.

There is a decent chance I will do something similar for typos/language fixes on some mods as well.

Edited by Caedwyr
2 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I went and examined all the Hidespl.2da files grabbed by Change-log and none of them included SPPR736 (Heavenly Inferno).  Attached the files.

Hidespl736.zip 3.99 kB · 1 download

From what I can see in the list of hidespl.2da versions the spell is most likely added as SPPR738 in HIDESPL.00003.2DA to the table (that's the original SPL resref before being installed by ADD_SPELL). This file appears to correspond to the changelog entry of

~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ 0 13 // Revised Illusionary Clones0.8.52

if I haven't made a mistake. It still doesn't explain why the actual spell file is called SPPR736 instead of SPPR738 though.

This spell is special as it's added as potentially available spell to spell.ids and then marked as hidden from the player's spellbook. This mechanism is prone to errors. It might a better solution to turn it into a custom spell. I will also check if it's really needed by the TotLM mod.

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I have a txt file where I add notes about what mod components to update, add, and remove for my next install.  The list on the first page is a bit out of date.  I have an annoying journal bug and a few other issues that have somehow crept in so once I am through testing all kit/class content by creating a character and leveling them up one level at a time in Candlekeep as well as any easy to access new content I will do a refresh on my install.

I added the Lava mod updates today and I saw your contribution.  Thanks.

There is a decent chance I will do something similar for typos/language fixes on some mods as well.

I have updated  EE item descriptions for other Lava's mods too, mainly from Athkatlan Grounds series, so expect updates for those mods within days too. 

Bardic Wonders Troubadour Kit @Artemius I

• See my previous words about consolidating the portrait icons via a single one for the named "Bard Song: Song of Healing" as I discussed in the Abettor of Mask comments.  Alternatively, some sort of other graphical feedback can be provided to make the bard songs more distinct from each other.
  • The Troubadour got a level 3 spell slot at character level 7, but did not receive any slots. This is due to the Gallant stand alone kit from Might & Guile @subtledoctor changing the spell table for the bard class and removing the level 3 spell slot at Character Level 7.  It appears as though the Gallant is making some changes intended for just the Gallant kit but applying it across all bard kits that reference the bard class.  (Checked via change-log, see attached files).
  • The pickpocket % seems weird.  The class description says

– Only has one-half Pick Pockets percentage.

which I take to mean it only gets 50% of the normal Pick Pockets.  However, at level 12 the class shows as having pick pockets of 52 during the level up screen, but only 17 on the character record screen.  The other bard kits with reduced pick pocket seemed to have the corrected adjusted amount.  I think something is getting applied multiple times here.  Also at level 22, it shows as a pick pocket score of 77 in level up, but only 42 on the character record screen.  The scaling is weird here.

• The kit meshes cleanly with Refinements HLA, except for Holy Hymn of Eldath which should replace the Enhanced Bard HLA from Refinements.  There are some weird interactions if both are selected.  Hymn of Eldath should be modified so it is the prerequisite for Lingering Song @subtledoctor

change-log.txt mxsplbrd.zip

Edited by Caedwyr

Bardic Wonders Deathsinger Kit @Artemius I

• The Call of the Grave song reduces the bard's movement speed.  This isn't documented in the kit description but probably should be.
  • Using the Call of the Grave bard song locks out the ability to select innate abilities while it is active.  I'm not sure if this is just a function of the dance effect or not.
  • When you summon a skeleton using the bard song at level 6, one of the messages you can get is "A major/minor animal spirit answers your call".  This would be appropriate for the Shaman, but not really all that thematic for summoning a humanoid skeleton.  If that text can be changed for the the Deathsinger, then I'd recommend doing so.
  • The kit meshes cleanly with Refinements HLA except for Legion of the Dead which should replace the Enhanced Bard Song HLA from Refinements.  Lingering Song should use Legion of the Dead as its prerequisite @subtledoctor.
  • See previous comments about showing the name of the bard song in the format "Bard Song: Call of the Grave".
  • This is a cool and unique class.  Nicely done!

Shadow Adept Mage Kit @Artemius I.

• During character creation I am given the option to select 4 mage spells to learn and memorize.  These get deleted upon entering the game through the scripted dialogue, however it would be helpful to include a note about this happening in the kit description so players aren't surprised by how it plays out.
  • @Lava's summon weasels spell is selectable and is not deleted upon starting a new game.
  • Identify is added to the Shadow Adept's spellbook.  I think this is intentional, but no mention of this is made in the kit description and it probably should be.  This may also be a function of Tome & Blood's Revised Identify component, though that component makes no mention of being automatically added to spellbooks.  This has been confirmed to be deliberate, in which case it should be documented in the kit description as it seems a bit janky otherwise.
  • For a janky dialogue method of doing the kit spell selection, it's actually pretty slick.  The sound effects help a bunch.
  • The Darkvision innate ability adds a portrait icon for Infravision.  I'm not sure how important having a portrait icon for this is, but there's no real problem with this part.
  • Also, for kit description, I'd probably reword this description slightly, since "abilities" almost always show up as a button under innate ability button.  I'd say some like

The shadow adept is gifted darkvision which gives them the ability to see in the dark even better than in light; permanently gaining infravision and immunity to blindness.

• The character also gets an undocumented resistance 10 to fire, cold, electricity, acid, magic damage.
  • The character record screen lists the following information that I don't normally remember seeing: Max Known Spells/Level, Highest Learnable Spell Level.  It doesn't show arcane miscast magic % which I thought was something that showed. @lefreut.
  • I am able to equip studded leather armor.  I'm not sure if this is because of an interaction with Tweaks Anthology

Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor

The component normally doesn't expand the types of armor a mage character can wear, and studded leather armor is not normally on the list, but it could be that tweaks anthology is not configured to account for your mod @CamDawg.  If the Shadow Adept is meant to be able to wear studded leather armor then this should be mentioned in the kit description.  All weapon proficiencies are as I expected.

• The shadow familiar Yin'rou appears to be extremely powerful and could trivialize some encounters all by itself.  +4 enchantment weapons at level 6 with a 10% chance to drain 2 levels is pretty powerful.  I would consider scaling the weapons enchantment and secondary effects based on the caster's level.

• Minor spell sequencer showed up at level 4 spells (character level 7).  It does not appear as though the Shadow Adept should get minor spell sequencer according to the kit description, but it did function correctly (though the potential drain could be dangerous).  Should probably be discussed with @Artemius I and @subtledoctor as to what behaviour should occur when Tome & Blood's innate spell sequencers component is installed after the Shadow Adept mod.

• Using an ebonfruit gave me the text message

Sir Greshal

Ebonfruit.jpg.baae5d549ccb59035cbd7023821d1abd.jpg

• Lifedrinker Touch did not add any temporary hitpoints to my character when cast at full health.
  • The shadow familiar (Yin'rou) gains a powerup at character level 11 and level 16.  You may want to include this information if it is the same for all familiars in the kit description.
  • At level 12 the number of spell slots seems to fluctuate somewhat randomly.  I had 4x level 5 slot, cast Unmask and it dropped down to 3 (this is at night) and also lost all my level 6 slots (2).  I went and rested at the inn and it became daytime and I then had 5 level 5 slots.  Note that I'm playing with the constitution drain option on casting.
  • The HLA Relentless Assault, second paragraph: instead of "during the spell's lifetime" I would use "during the spell's duration".
  • The Refinement HLAs for the base mage all get installed onto the Shadow Adept kit.  They are not needed and do not fit well.  This kit should be skipped by Refinements. @subtledoctor
  • This is a very cool kit and a lot of work has obviously gone into it.  Despite the big list of minor issues, it is very playable.

Weasels! @Lava.

• The level 1 spell Summon Weasels creates weasels that are equipped with a regular human hand instead of a creature paw.  For polish sake, I'd replace the creature paw with a custom weapon, or just the generic summon attack/defend ui element like a summoned skeleton would have.
Edited by Caedwyr