Back for another playthrough

Right now if you install Refinements Sorcerer HLAs after installing the Geomantic Sorcerer you actually get both.  Given all the work that went into debugging and rebuilding the custom HLAs for this kit I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be to just make them an option rather than the focus of the kit.  Then again, maybe going with the default Sorcerer HLAs would make the kit a bit less broken at the high level.  I'll give some thought to the idea.

Guest Guest

It's more a matter of possibilities, rather than a matter of balance. I play custom kits, even op, to feel "special".

What I mean is, when adding a kit, I dont care if the author thinks it as balanced, but it has to be consistent. 

A geomantic sorcerer having an .ini option to also have vanilla hla may be op, but leaving the choice to the player with some notes by the author is way better then removing it.

And players such as myself can make the kit "balanced" by imposing to themselves limits (such as no reload)or using certain mods(such as Scs).

That's why when talking to subtledoctor I ask about flavourful kits... let me have something that makes me feel special, and let me choose if the kit is unbalanced and how to balance it by putting limits.

Next up for comments: Arcanist Kit @subtledoctor

• Kit description displayed correctly during character creation, however upon entering the game the character was shown as a Conjurer (both on the record screen and in the kit description).
  • This is because you need to initialize the class so it works properly using the Initialize Arcanist innate button.
  • This is a fairly cumbersome and non-intuitive way of creating a character, especially since the kit description shown during character creation makes no mention of this.
  • Even after initializing the kit via the innate and using the daily spell preparation innate, the kit description and name is still Conjurer.
  • ArcanistRecord.jpg.d4a932300ff5c972dd1f0e76c8bc7663.jpgArcanistKit.jpg.64031b87e479dd5ff59e2eb85d96a493.jpg
  • I'd recommend copying the kit initialization process used for @argent77 Shadow Magic.  It's also a janky alternate casting system, but ends up being pretty slick in how it is presented.  This means a person creating an Arcanist has a much more seamless experience and isn't confused about why their Arcanist has turned into a Conjurer.
  • The Arcanist does not get innate cantrips or find familiar from Tome & Blood
  • The initialization at the start of the day erases the memorized spells.  The player is forced to rest in order to get their memorized spells back.  See the Shadow Mage for how this can be done (I believe it is done via a Wish effect).
  • Daily Spell Preparation doesn't do what it implies.  I would rename this to "Change prepared spells" and give a longer description on the right click description.  I can easily see a new player clicking that to prepare their daily spells and getting frustrated how it wipes out all their prepared spells.  Also, there's an order of operations here that matters a bit to avoid getting the wrong number of spontaneous spells (sometimes I only got one of each as though I was a prepared caster). More information on how this works needs to be given to the player.
  • After casting the Daily Spell Preparation innate (Change prepared spells), there needs to be some feedback provided via the chat box telling the player what has just been done and what they need to do to finalize their spell preparation and spell slot refresh.
  • There's also some issues with how the Daily Spell Preparation needs to be activated in order to take advantage of new spell slots you gain when you level up.  Again, a lot of this can be fixed with better documentation on the right click, kit description, and feedback when the ability is used.
  • Gets Refinements Mage Trueclass HLAs.  Seems to work properly.
  • At level 18, I picked up Dragon Breath from the HLA abilities.  I used the Daily Spell Preparation to memorize it in 2 x level 9 slots.  However, after resting I don't have any level 9 spell slots with which to cast Dragon Breath and it doesn't show up in my spontaneous spells I've prepared.

Right now this feels like a proof of concept alpha/beta and not a complete kit implementation (to be fair, it is listed as a beta version).  It's playable with minimal issues once you figure out how all the systems are supposed to work, but without the required documentation in game its going to be a bit of a struggle at first, and some more work can be done to make the entire experience a lot more seamless, especially for character creation.

Edited by Caedwyr

Something is screwy there.  Do you have some kind of race mod installed?  Or maybe Shadow Magic is doing something to the mage class?  (I don't know much about how Shadow Magic works, but I know it is ambitious (consider that a compliment) and have seen a couple instances in which it is... not geared toward inter-mod  compatibility.)  I don't know how or why your character would possibly become a Conjurer.  Don't even know how that can happen without an in-game script.

Or maybe just the text got screwed up?  That could be a result of incorrect edits to kitlist.2da, clastext.2da, and/or sodcltxt.2da.  Maybe EET is messing it up?  I'm grasping at straws here.

9 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Even after initializing the kit via the innate and using the daily spell preparation innate, the kit description and name is still Conjurer.

Right, because the initialize ability is not meant to change your kit or anything like that.  It's only a last-resort thing that applies a streamlined version of what happens after you use "Prepare Spells."

I say "last resort," because you should really not ever see that  ability.  When I install the mod onto BG2EE v2.5.16, it looks fine in the record screen:

Spoiler

arcrec.thumb.jpg.4d9f1259b64477273c25d33e88783093.jpg

arcdesc.thumb.jpg.7534cf44a0c4d655551dc66011f4a42e.jpg

And I can cast spells spontaneously immediately upon starting SoA, based on what I memorized during character generation. 

arcspls.thumb.jpg.366223613c470039633f6c5b45373836.jpg

No need to initialize anything before playing.  (There is a oversight in that it gives you an extra instance of the "initialize casting" ability, though... I think it's just a typo, applying a 171 effect giving you the initialize ability instead of the preparation ability. I'm preparing a small update for the mod now, I can fix that easily enough.)

I'd recommend copying the kit initialization process used for @argent77 Shadow Magic.  It's also a janky alternate casting system, but ends up being pretty slick in how it is presented.  This means a person creating an Arcanist has a much more seamless experience and isn't confused about why their Arcanist has turned into a Conjurer.

I take your point, but the Shadow Magic mod uses vastly different subsystems.  I don't think there is anything in its code that is applicable to this kit's subsystems.  Whatever you are experiencing is a case of interference by some other mod.  Like, it sounds like some other mod is executing a script that is wrongly targeting my kit.  I'll have to investigate which one causes it, and why.  EDIT - and if the script that changes you to a conjurer occurs while you're still in the CharGen screens (which I gather is possible) that would explain why the auto-initialize sequence didn't happen when you begin the game, because the auto-initialization is in the Arcanist's kit ability table and not the Conjurer's.  (Not for nothing I stay away from scripts in my mods...)

I would rename this to "Change prepared spells" and give a longer description on the right click description... More information on how this works needs to be given to the player.

There's also some issues with how the Daily Spell Preparation needs to be activated in order to take advantage of new spell slots you gain when you level up.  Again, a lot of this can be fixed with better documentation on the right click, kit description, and feedback when the ability is used.

Point well taken, and as I am updating the mod now, this is a good time to improve the name and description.  I have to go look up how to add log messages to the spell as well.

There's also some issues with how the Daily Spell Preparation needs to be activated in order to take advantage of new spell slots you gain when you level up.

Actually it does not need to be - when you level up you get your extra casting slots immediately.  Your displayed number of slots will correct itself the next time you cast a spell.  (I can probably make this happen immediately upon level-up.  Added to the to-do list.)

At level 18, I picked up Dragon Breath from the HLA abilities.  I used the Daily Spell Preparation to memorize it in 2 x level 9 slots.  However, after resting I don't have any level 9 spell slots with which to cast Dragon Breath and it doesn't show up in my spontaneous spells I've prepared.

I have to look at this.  I think HLA spells that use regular spell slots may not be getting integrated into the spontaneous system.  That should be an easy fix - for the vanilla game's HLAs, at least.  (I haven't used 9th-level spell slots to cast HLAs in probably 15 years, they are always innate abilities in my game, so it honestly didn't even occur to me to include them.)  Did you have any 9th-level spells learned from scrolls?  Those should work at 18th level - if so it means this is indeed an easy fix.

(OTOH I don't know how to deal with any HLAs added by mods... I don't think there is anything in spell files to identify them as HLAs. But I guess it's unlikely this kit will get any HLAs added by mods anyway, apart from Refinements.)

Also, there's an order of operations here that matters a bit to avoid getting the wrong number of spontaneous spells (sometimes I only got one of each as though I was a prepared caster)

You're too quick on the trigger!  Setting up your spellcasting for the day takes approximately 1 second when you wake up.  There is nothing at all that can be done about this; but on the bright side, most people will not immediately pause the game to inspect their spells upon waking up, and when the game clock runs for one second (or less), it magically fixes itself.

The only possible way around this one would be to add another innate ability: first use "prepare spells," then choose your spells, then use "finalize spell preparation," then sleep.  That would be twice as clunky as a system that, of necessity, is already a bit clunky.  (I personally tolerate a bit of clunkiness in this spell preparation because it accurately represents what mages actually do to prepare spells in tabletop D&D - it is an active process; we are just used to BG2 abstracting away part of that process and making it a passive thing.)

The Arcanist does not get innate cantrips or find familiar from Tome & Blood

Yeah, I can reproduce this one.  It's weird... I am looking into this now.  Likely needs a fix to broaden the abilities as applied in TnB.  I'm preparing a TnB update anyway, so hopefully I can get this squared away soon.

Thanks as always for the feedback!

Edited by subtledoctor

No idea. If it’s down to a script, then maybe AR___.BCS (I don’t the area code for the game start but I think it’s findable.) Or possibly even BALDUR.BCS, though in that case it will be hard to pin down. 

You could also cross-reference K_M_H.2da against kitlist.2da and make sure that the kit number in the former matches the Arcanist’s row in the latter; and that all the entries in the Arcanist’s row in KITLIST.2da are correct. And check that the Arcanist’s name/description STRREFs in KITLIST match the ones in CLASTEXT.2da  If KITLIST.2da got jumbled, it might be showing you the description of the Arcanist but really making you a Conjurer; then in-game it would use the description of the Conjurer (from CLASTEXT now). Or maybe vice-versa? Not sure. I think this possibility is less likely. 

Edited by subtledoctor

From my Kitlist.2da

128                 D5_ARCANIST         540949              540950              540951              D5ACNST             149                 0x00004000          1                   0x00004080

And K_M_H.2da

2DA  V1.0
     KIT
1    0
2    22
3    23
4    24
5    25
6    26
7    27
8    28
9    29
10   30
11      68
12      128
13      136

The Arcanist is the second last kit in the list shown during character creation, so I'm not sure why that's happened.  Also, as discussed earlier, the correct description and name shows during character creation, so it may be something going wrong with a script.

My install list slightly before and after d5_arcanist

Spoiler

~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #11 // Rebalanced Spell Schools: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #13 // Revised Illusionary Clones: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #14 // Revised Invisibility and True Seeing: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #16 // Revised Identify spell: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #25 // Sorcerer: Magus: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #31 // Sorcerer: Favored Soul: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sorcerer: Sylvan Disciple: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #35 // Sorcerer: Revenant Disciple: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #37 // Sorcerer: Amorphous Disciple: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #45 // Arcane Crafting: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #48 // Armored Casting for Bards: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #53 // Revised Metamagic -> Innate metamagic, learned from scrolls or character generation: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #61 // Cantrips -> Innate Cantrips: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #66 // Innate Find Familiar: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #67 // Choose-Your-Own Familiar: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #68 // Pooky's Mod: Imbue Familiars: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #75 // Ability Score Spellcasting Bonuses: 0.8.52
~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #80 // Multiclass Sorcerers: 0.8.52
~D5_ARCANIST/D5_ARCANIST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Add Arcanist kit: 0.1
~WILL_TO_POWER/WILL_TO_POWER.TP2~ #0 #200 // Add the Psionicist, rogue/psion: 0.9.13
~WILL_TO_POWER/WILL_TO_POWER.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add the Soulblade, fighter/psion: 0.9.13
~WILL_TO_POWER/WILL_TO_POWER.TP2~ #0 #400 // Add the Psypher, ranger/psion: 0.9.13
~WILL_TO_POWER/WILL_TO_POWER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Add the Cerebremancer, mage/psion: 0.9.13
~WILL_TO_POWER/WILL_TO_POWER.TP2~ #0 #950 // Allow Multiclass Clerics to Use More Weapons: 0.9.13
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Multiclassing and Multiclass Kits: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #235 // Revised Beastmaster: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved Rangers: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #245 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #310 // Add the Corsair (fighter kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #324 // Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add the Barbarian Ranger (ranger kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #420 // Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #450 // Add the Jongleur (bard kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #460 // Add the Loremaster (bard kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #470 // Add the Gallant (bard kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #490 // Add the Loresinger (bard kit): 4.8
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thrown Hammers: v6.1.0
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Normal throwing hammers: v6.1.0
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #35 // +1 throwing weapons: v6.1.0
~HAMMERS/SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Additional magic items: v6.1.0
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For non-magical shields and helmets: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification -> Gems and potions: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1225 // Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time -> Instant forging (original BG2 default): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1270 // Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2035 // Two-Handed Axes: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2152 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2540 // Speed Up de'Arnise Keep Stronghold Quests: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3260 // Recoverable ammunition -> 25% chance to recover after a successful hit: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3272 // Recoverable throwing weapons -> 75% chance to recover after a successful hit: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3292 // Personalize automatic save names -> Use scheme: 000000000-(Protagonist)-Save-Name: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3300 // Death Cam: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4160 // Allow Yeslick to use axes: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: v9
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2043 // XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> Disabled: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2051 // XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 75%: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // XP for quests -> Increase to 150%: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // PnP spell scroll caster levels: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Higher framerates support: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Books/Scrolls categorization: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4060 // Wand Case: 1.12
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4070 // Key Ring: 1.12
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #104 // PnP Color Spray: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #211 // Make Death Ward protect against Vorpal Hits: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #301 // Change the appearance of Valygar's armor: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna: v4.53
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #22 // Enhanced Ankhegs: v3.1
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #23 // Enhanced Basilisks: v3.1
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #24 // Enhanced Dread Wolves: v3.1
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #25 // Enhanced Mustard Jellies: v3.1
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #26 // Enhanced Winter Wolves: v3.1
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #27 // Enhanced Wraith Spiders: v3.1
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // Move or modify some overpowered magic items: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows and other projectiles with nonmagical "fine" ones: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4163 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 30,000 gp: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4172 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 80,000 gold pieces: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4230 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: v33.3
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #101 // IWO - Aesthetic & Enchantment Tweaks -> Standardize Enchanted Equipment: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #109 // IWO - All Potions Usable by Any Class: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #122 // WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changes: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #125 // WPO - APR on Spec: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #200 // SBO - Stat Bonus Overhaul: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #202 // SBO - Full Strength for 2-Hand Weapons Only: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #204 // SBO - Enable Concentration Checks: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #207 // SBO - Hit Dice Overhaul -> Closer to average hit points: v5.23
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #240 // POI - Poison Overhaul: v5.23
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai use SCS abilities and AI: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Ascension demons use SCS abilities and AI: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8085 // Ascension version of Bodhi uses Improved-Bodhi abilities: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8090 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Rebalanced troll regeneration: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Improved Drow: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Improved Watcher's Keep: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Improved Sendai's Enclave: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v33.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v33.3
~CELESTIALS/SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials: v7
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // PnP Undead: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #180 // PnP Mephits: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #185 // PnP Fey creatures: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #186 // Revised Call Woodland Beings spell: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // PnP Elementals: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // Increase the Hit Dice of Elemental Princes: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #315 // Distinctive creature soundsets: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #500 // Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999): v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #510 // Expanded temple services: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for aTweaks content: v4.53

Shadow magic is installed earlier in the order.

Edited by Caedwyr

It’s a really weird bug. 

I don’t have the Arcanist in my current install - I made it afterward - so I haven’t seen it in the context of a proper large weidu.log. I’m issuing updates of about four mods today, with the Arcanist and TnB to follow very soon... it’s terrible because I’m halfway through my game, but I’m really tempted to start over with a new install... 

It's the kitid assigned by weidu, 0x4080 belongs to the conjurer (TRUECLASS 0x4000 + CONJURER 0x80).

Putting other kits, especially those that can cast wizard spells, in that slot will cause problems.

It would be best if the Conjurer kit actually occupied that slot (row 128) in kitlist.2da, so weidu would skip it.

Abjurer has the same problems with kitid 0x4040, kitlist.2da row 64.

Edited by kjeron

Oh, right. That old chestnut. So just an unfortunate coincidence, then. That doesn’t happen in my installs because I think I usually have a bunch of FnP priest kits going in around there.

Maybe one of these days I should get around to doing a check for those two rows, and installing a dummy kit there. At least for arcane casting kits, in TnB and MnG. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Next up, Marksman kit from Might & Guile (Component 320) @subtledoctor.  No Feat system installed.

~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Multiclassing and Multiclass Kits: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #235 // Revised Beastmaster: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved Rangers: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #245 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #310 // Add the Corsair (fighter kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #324 // Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add the Barbarian Ranger (ranger kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #420 // Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler: 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #450 // Add the Jongleur (bard kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #460 // Add the Loremaster (bard kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #470 // Add the Gallant (bard kit): 4.8
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #490 // Add the Loresinger (bard kit): 4.8

• The kit description is not updated to reflect the changes to the weapon groups and proficiency system from Scales of Balance.  I believe that @CamDawg did some clever things to automatically update text for this type of thing in the Tweaks Anthology.  (See references to Grand Mastery, 5 pips, Longbows, Shortbows, Crossbows, but not slings)
  • The description of when the kit gains the Called Shot ability is ambiguous and does not follow the general standard of how other kit abilities are described.  I'd suggest changing it to

- May use the Called Shot ability once per day every 4 levels (starting at 4th level).

or

- May use the Called Shot ability. Gains one use at level 4 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

or

- 4th level: May use the Called Shot ability once per day and gains an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

• Wording as to when the Marksman gets the +1 hit and damage with missile weapons is unclear.
  • It appears both the previous wording issues are because one of the lines in the setup.tra file wasn't updated to the newer format for the install configuration I used.

@3204  = ~The Marksman is the epitome of skill with ranged weapons. He can make almost any shot, no matter how difficult. To become so skilled, the marksman has had to sacrifice some proficiency with melee weapons and armor.

Advantages:
    - +1 to hit and damage rolls with any missile weapon every 3 levels.
    - May achieve Grand Mastery (5 slots) in longbows, shortbows, and crossbows.
    - May use the Called Shot ability once per day. Gains one use at level 4 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

CALLED SHOT: All successful ranged attacks within the next 10 seconds have the following cumulative effects besides normal damage, according to the level of the Archer:
     4th level: -1 penalty to target's THAC0.
     8th level: -1 penalty to target's Saving Throws vs. Spell.
     12th level: -1 penalty to the target's Strength score.
     16th level: +2 bonus to damage roll.

Disadvantages:
    - May not wear heavier armor than splint mail.
    - May only become Specialized (++) with melee weapons.~

vs

@3205  = ~MARKSMAN: This soldier is the epitome of skill with ranged weapons. He can make almost any shot, no matter how difficult. To become so skilled, the marksman has had to sacrifice some proficiency with melee weapons and armor.

Abilities:
    - +1 to hit and damage rolls with ranged weapon at levels 3, 6, 10, 15, and 21.
    - Can achieve Grand Mastery (+++++) with bows and crossbows.
    - May learn to use Called Shots at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. Called Shots may be used at will, and the effects work for one round. The Archer has a +2 bonus to thac0 and damage while performing Called Shots, but must remain stationary during that time. The Archer learns the following Called Shots:

- 1st level: Trip Shot. Aimed at the legs, this shot causes the target to fall down for one round upon a failed save vs. Breath.
    - 3rd level: Disarming Shot. This shot knocks loose the targets grasp on a weapon, resulting in a -4 penalty to thac0 and reduced APR for one round, upon a failed save vs. Breath.
    - 6th level: Crippling Shot. This shot causes the target to lose their footing and slowly recover, becoming Slowed for two rounds upon a failed save vs. Breath.
    - 9th level: Blinding Shot. Aimed at the eyes, this shot causes the target to flinch and momentarily lose their vision, being Blinded for one round upon a failed save vs. Breath.
    - 12th level: Hammer Shot. This shot strikes with incredible force, adding 1d6 crushing damage to the normal missile damage and knocking the target back 5-10 feet, unless the target makes a successful save vs. Breath.

Restrictions:
    - May reach a lower level of proficiency than normal with melee weapons.
    - May not wear heavier armor than splint mail.~

Obviously, the Called Shot text is going to vary between these two, but the first three lines still need to be updated to the less ambiguous wording version.

• Does not get a +1 to hit and damage with ranged weapons at level 1.  Tested using a Short Bow.  May be an interaction with Scales of Balance, though I am getting the expected Dexterity modifier to my ranged THAC0.  It does get the +1 to Missile THAC0 and damage at level 3, level 6, level 9, level 12, level 15, level 18, . I'm not sure if it is intentional that the base version of the Marksman is supposed to have a different Called Shot and Missile Weapon THAC0/Damage scaling from the other versions, but either way the base version description of when abilities are gained and additional uses are gained could be cleaned up by following the format used in the @3205 or @3206.

• Does not get Called Shot at level 1.  I'm not sure if the base (no Feats, no Called Shot mod components) Marksman is supposed to get Called Shot at level 1 or not.  Does gain Called Shot at level 4, 8, 12, 16.  Does not get a called shot use at level 20 even though you might expect to since level 20 tends to be the last level you get additional ability uses for most kits.

• Gets the basic Trueclass Fighter Refinements HLAs.  For better integration, for the Marksman kit I'd suggest removing Hardiness and giving Precision (from the Archer Ranger kit) instead.

Edited by Caedwyr

I just ran into something weird.  @CamDawg @lefreut.

1. I created a new character (Marksman fighter kit from Might & Guile, see above);
  2. I CLUAConsoled the character up to level 20, one level at a time to check out all the kit abilities.
  3. I quit the game and went into load game from the main menu.
  4. I deleted the new save files created by the previous new game (see 1-2).
  5. I clicked back and then selected New Game.
  6. I started creating a new character, Female, Human
  7. The only selection available for class was Thief and clicking on the Thief label brought up a blank screen where you'd normally select a kit.
  8. I was able to back out of this and exit the game normally.
  9. Restarting the game made the character creation go back to normal.

Weidu log attached.  EET install using the GOG downloadable installers.  New game was in the BG1 portion of the game. Windows 8.1

setup_baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition_2.5_(23121).exe
setup_baldurs_gate_ii_enhanced_edition_2.5.16.6_(21849).exe
setup_baldurs_gate_siege_of_dragonspear_2.5_(23121).exe

Trying the same set of steps again and I was not able to reproduce.

WeiDU-BGEE.log WeiDU.log