Back for another playthrough

Hexblade fighter kit from the Sword & Fist mod

• The kit description says that the kit can only specialize in weapons, however Scales of Balance allows it to put 3* into all weapons.  Maybe the scaling works out to about the same. @subtledoctor.
  • Refinements integration, gets all base Refinements fighter HLAs as well as the three Power Word HLAs added by the kit.  This is fairly close to being in line with how Refinements handles the HLAs for the base game fighter kits.
On 5/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, Caedwyr said:

Modified Folders:
    1.  C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\lang\en_US\sounds

Copy Master Sounds to 1. above

Oversight v16   https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/quests/oversight/
        a. Alignment Correction
        b. Class Tweaks/Fixes
        d. Improved Continuity
        e. Expanded Brynnlaw
    SoD to BE2EE Item Upgrade v1.2.0 https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/1016-sod-to-bg2ee-item-upgrade/
        a. SoD to BG2: EE Item Upgrade
        b. Force all importable SoD items to be present in normal locations
            i. Voidhammer +3
        c. Upgrade Options for Cromwell

Just recently found this thread and I was wondering a couple things.

Unless I'm misreading this, it seems you are installing Oversight and SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade before EET? are you doing this in bg1 or bg2. Not sure I understand what's happening here. Including the part that talks about copy master sounds to en_US/sounds.

The readme for Coran's Friendship mod advises to install the mod after BG1NPCs, this will be hard for you since it's supposed to installs after EET. I will say though, that I have been using BG1NPCs through out several installs by installing it in bg1 before EET and it has been working just fine on everything that I've noticed. I did this because I didn't notice that it changed after a certain version number.

Why do you need BG1 Classic Movies? My EET install always changes the movies to the Original BG1. Is there an added benefit from using the explicit mod for it?

The post in the op is a bit out of date.  I will update it later tonight.

For Oversight,  those 4 components are installed on BG2 before EET.  They haven't caused problems so far during installation, but I still need to do some QC/QA checks.

SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade is installed before EET as per the mod's readme.  Based on reports this works fine, but not if installing it later.

The current BG1NPCs versions is supposed to be installed after EET.  I haven't checked the Coran friendship mod for problems, but I think there are some reports of it working fine if installed before BG1NPCs.  I will do some research and see if this is the case.

BG1Classic Movies also restores a few more movies from what I read.  Again I will double check. 

48 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

For Oversight,  those 4 components are installed on BG2 before EET.  They haven't caused problems so far during installation, but I still need to do some QC/QA checks.

Does Oversight not do anything for BG1? Specifically talking about the alignment and class tweaks. Is it only for BG2 NPCs?

I also noticed you skipped the Harder Sendai component. Any reason why?

On 8/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, Caedwyr said:

kit description says that the kit can only specialize in weapons, however Scales of Balance allows it to put 3* into all weapons. 

The SoB proficiencies component allows thieves and bards to put two points into proficiencies, and anyone who can normally put two points to put three (rangers, paladins, swashbucklers, and mod kits), and anyone who can normally put three/four/five points into a weapon to put four into it.  As stated, it cannot account for and change every mod kit description.  Why I advocate to remove such specific information from kit descriptions...

7 minutes ago, NdranC said:

Does Oversight not do anything for BG1? Specifically talking about the alignment and class tweaks. Is it only for BG2 NPCs?

I also noticed you skipped the Harder Sendai component. Any reason why?

Oversight is a BG2 mod.  It was created before TuTu and the Enhanced Editions.

I skipped the Harder Sendai component because SCS has a component that does the same thing.   

The Holy Liberator kit is not detected if you also install EET (it won't show up in game).

Hi, just tried to install most of these mods out of curiosity, and I had a few problems with at least 2 of them :

~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Sword Angel - New Fighter Kit: beta 4.27

this one helped Sirene and Minsc from wearing any metal armor ! Since Sirene wears one by default it's surrounded in red and if you remove it, you can't put it back ! And since this thing is installed very early I had to restart when I found the cause (and it took me quite a while).

Valerie : for some unknown reason when recruiting her, she couldn't memorize any of the 2 spells she had in her book for level 1, so 0 spells at level 2... ! No idea what happened here, it's not a big deal, this character was more a curiosity and I didn't plan to really take her with me but still... !

Except that quite a few very nice findings ! I didn't know about Grey the dog, quite an outstanding finding here ! Loved the bgqe quest "a new friend for Ugh", great settings for eeuitweaks, except I prefer the 2 rows of portraits but it's a detail, and good selection of tweaks in cdtweaks.

I added a few mods of my own, I recommend bg1aerie, very well done, very good idea, plus a few mods like "cowled menace" and "the rune", not tested yet, but should be interesting to see.

I hesitated for the mods to keep imoen forever, but for now I didn't take this. I didn't read the 25 pages of the thread, so all this might have been reported yet, in this case sorry !

Anyway thanks for good ideas ! :)

I'm impressed you sat through the full install as well.  That took me quite the while to get working.  Were you able to use Project Infinity, or did you have to do all of it manually like I did?

Yeah, I was having problems with Sirene and her not being able to equip her armor as she should.  For some reason, her kit entry gets some garbage added, so I went in and made some manual changes in kitlist.2da to fix that issue (see attached).  Good to know which mod causes the problem.  Refinements isn't in great shape compatibilitywise right now, but I liked the kit changes so much that it was worth the extra work to modify the various files for my personal install.

I haven't run into the issue with Valerie yet.  I'll dig around and see if I can figure out what is causing that.

I am planning on using BG1aerie on my next install.  I missed that one.  Cowled Menace and The Rune both got cut late in the process, since I didn't know how debugged they were and wasn't going to have time to do exhaustive playtesting to see if they'd work.  Plus all of Skitia's BG2 versions of her BG1 mod npcs (Kale, Vienxay, Emily, Helga, Recorder).  Hopefully by then, Skitia will be done her update of Wings and I can include that as well.  I've been impressed with the polish and quality of the writing I've seen so far in her mod NPCs.

Some of the translations in Grey are a bit hit and miss, but I'm also providing some feedback to the author, so hopefully that can be resolved for people doing future runs.  I wanted to also have Haiss the wolf, but ended up dropping it since having both Haiss and Grey early on made the game too easy and messed with the feeling I was hoping the game would convey for new players.  I'm going to do a playthrough with that.

Another one that I am planning to add is the updated version of The Longer Road that was just released.  I'm probably going to try to build off this install for future efforts, though I'll probably do some one-off installs with a shorter list.

KITLIST.2DA

Nah, it's entirely understandable, and so far the language hasn't prevented me from understanding anything that has happened, it is more about tightening up the language and trying to make it flow more naturally.  I just appreciate that you've provided an English translation of the mod.

I had the first discussion session for my book club last night.  We had played up to the start of Chapter 2.  General consensus was that Grey was completely indispensable and the option to pet him was a significant plus.  People were also pleasantly surprised that he could act as a 7th party member when not in the current group.  No one had kicked him out, so I had to tell them about this feature.  He's pretty well liked so far.