Back for another playthrough

5 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

I should have put your stuff in a separate category, because buginess is not the issue at all, just the seamlessness of the integration. 

I do admit that I wanted to make sure this is the case and thank you for the clearification that it's the unfinshed state of the mods (which will be worked on). Reading about a general attribute of buginess for mods I am constantly updating hurts me not because I do not want to hear about bugs (on the contrary) but because it's these kind of casual statements that kind of polymorph into "commonly known facts" and stick around for years. (If you were indeed referring to bugs I'd be interested to hear about them to fix them, but since most of the mods were updated recently I wasn't sure that's what you were referring to. Which doesn't mean you don't have to expect more bugs in Brandock and Brage even after the recent update since the mods are still being worked on).

I got Project Infinity to load.  I think I setup all the reference folders correctly.  I haven't assigned folders yet for the following options.

BG II:EE for EET
Path to clean, unmodded Siege of Dragonspear game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy

I have entered filepaths for BG:EE with SoD and BG II:EE

I'm sure the first two are fairly self-explanatory if you know how everything works, but none of the documentation I've been able to track down explains what distinguishes these from the very similar sounding filepaths I have mapped to, nor why I would want to assign the missing filepaths.  Any help from those more experienced would be much appreciated.  @Cahir, @4udr4n, @AL|EN.

Project Infinity has also choked on the Helga NPC mod folder.  It appears as though Helga NPC has a Setup-Helga.tp2 located in both the main mod folder as well as the Lib subfolder.  The two files are slightly different in length, so I'm not sure how safe it would be to delete one, or if the modder @Skitia is using both .tp2 files.

Edited by Caedwyr

I attempted to create an install list using Project Infinity, however I am running into a number of issues when attempting to do so.

1. I do not seem to be able to split a mod install up.  For example, I would like to install SCS Icewind Dale Spells prior to installing item and kit mods, but want to install the rest of SCS near the end of my install order.  There does not seem to be a way to do this.
  2. Several mods on my list do not show their subcomponents in Project Infinity.  Culprits so far include

Sirine NPC for BG v2.81 https://github.com/ArtemiusI/Sirene-NPC
        a. Sirine NPC for BG
        b. Martyr Kit -- Didn't show up in PI
        c. BG1 Default Portrait -- Didn't show up in PI

Drake NPC v1.61 https://artisans-corner.com/drake-npc-for-bgee/
        a. Main NPC
        b. New BG1 Style Portrait -- Components didn't show in PI
        c. Crossbow proficiency -- Components didn't show in PI

Almateria's Restoration Project v8.4 http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1053-almaterias-restoration-project/ --- Components didn't show up in PI 
        a. Restored Locations
        b. Restored Characters and Dialogues
        c. Restored Sounds
        d. Restored Items
        e. Restored Wish Options
        f. Restored XP tables in ToB
        g. Deril Lich
        h. Minor Restorations
        i. Final Slayer Dream
        j. Extended Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene

Ascalon's Questpack v2.05 https://github.com/Gitjas/AC_QUEST/releases --- Components didn't show up in PI
        a. A Job Well-Paid
        b. A Feast for the Gnolls
        c. The Great Carlini
        d. Fangirls
        e. A Home for the Gibberlings
        f. The Lost Son
        g. Of Wolves and Men
        h. Flopsy
        i. The Serpents of Abbathor
        j. A Halfling Among the Eyeless

Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters v4.1 https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/npcs/bg-romantic-encounters/
       1-44. This stuff showed up
        45. Scar - The Return   -- Didn't show up in PI

Unfinished Business v27 https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/UnfinishedBusiness/releases
        1.  The Kidnapping of Boo
        2.  Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship Restoration
        3.  Kalah and What He Was Promised
        4.  Cat and Mouse: Bodhi Hunts You in Spellhold
        5.  Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
        6.  The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
        7.  Restored Crooked Crane
        8.  Retored Encounters
        9.  Artemis Enteri in Bodhi's Lair
        10. Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
        11. Restored Hell Minions -
        12. Item Restorations
        13. Restored Minor Dialogs
        14. Extended Throne of Bhaal Item Descriptions
        15. Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
        18. Saverok's Remorse for Yoshimo and Tamoko
        19. The Murder of Acton Balthis
        20. Restored Banters -- Doesn't show in PI

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it looking like I'll have to babysit the install the old fashioned way?

So, I started a manual install and have successfully installed all the mods on BG1 as well as started the EET process.  I just finished the EET install, which completed with warnings.  I think the following are the warning related issues:

1. Indira NPC for BG1 Tutu v12.0 BETA 2 or above.  This mod is on the compatibility list

EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for J#Indi: BG1 NPC without BG2 content

WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "J#INDI.bcs" doesn't exist in game
[WeiDU-BGEE.log] loaded, 2771 bytes

2. /override/BG1801.ARE .  I'm not sure what the characters are in the .cre filename.

[./override/BG1801.ARE] loaded, 11280 bytes

BG1801.ARE issue: Rest Spawn creature file does not exist (ÿÿ.cre)! Nulling...

Copied [BG1801.ARE] to [override/BG1801.ARE]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

The listed area is the Cloakwood Mines first level in Baldur's Gate as far as I know. 

I've also attached my SETUP-EET.DEBUG file.

I realize that I'm taking a risk with installing Oversight on BG2 before EET, but the EET installer doesn't appear to have choked on any of the Oversight files.

Anyone have any ideas as to if these are a problem or not?

SETUP-EET-DEBUG.7z

2 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I do not seem to be able to split a mod install up.  For example, I would like to install SCS Icewind Dale Spells prior to installing item and kit mods, but want to install the rest of SCS near the end of my install order.  There does not seem to be a way to do this.

I have done something like this in my install order. Just check my EET install order. txt attached to the first post in my topic. I have splitted SCS the way you want. 

31 minutes ago, Cahir said:

I have done something like this in my install order. Just check my EET install order. txt attached to the first post in my topic. I have splitted SCS the way you want. 

I've had to do a manual install since PI doesn't detect all the components.  So far I'm most of the way through the ones I listed above and only Ascalon's Questpack didn't actually have all the subcomponents I thought it did based on the readme.  All the rest of bolded ones have components I was able to install that PI wouldn't detect.

Hmm this will probably be a stupid, question, but it is strange, so probably you have missed a step in setting up PI. Most of those mods were perfectly visible on my end. But, have you actually extracted all of those mods from zip/rar/exe or whatever extension they're archived? AFAIK PI can't detect archived mods, they need to be unpacked first. Also do you have the latest PI version installed? 

As for Sirine, I think Martyr is her default kit, so it won't show as an option (just guessing here). But yeah, definitely ARP and AC were working fine using PI, when I last tried. I skipped Restored Random Encounters component from ARP, because of an install warning, but either way all of its components were visible. 

I am further in my install order and the following are the ones that don't show up in PI, but do when manually installing.  In both cases I have extracted the mods to a folder.  For the manual install, I then install the mod subfolder and the Setup-ModName.exe file over to the BG1 or BG2 folder before installing.

Drake NPC v1.61 https://artisans-corner.com/drake-npc-for-bgee/
        a. Main NPC
        b. New BG1 Style Portrait -- Components didn't show in PI
        c. Crossbow proficiency -- Components didn't show in PI

Almateria's Restoration Project v8.4 http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1053-almaterias-restoration-project/ --- Components didn't show up in PI 
        a. Restored Locations
        b. Restored Characters and Dialogues
        c. Restored Sounds
        d. Restored Items
        e. Restored Wish Options
        f. Restored XP tables in ToB
        g. Deril Lich
        h. Minor Restorations
        i. Final Slayer Dream
        j. Extended Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene

It may be that these two mods are organized in a way that PI cannot read the subcomponents.

6 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

I am further in my install order and the following are the ones that don't show up in PI, but do when manually installing.  In both cases I have extracted the mods to a folder.  For the manual install, I then install the mod subfolder and the Setup-ModName.exe file over to the BG1 or BG2 folder before installing.

It may be that these two mods are organized in a way that PI cannot read the subcomponents.

I think, there was an issue with ARP,  but either some PI version fixed that, or I was instructed by @AL|EN to worked around that, I can't recall now. Didn't try Drake, so I can speak for this mod.

Other comments.

SimDing0's questpack was written for an older version of Weidu.  To make things run smoothly, rename the following files.

Setup-d0questpack.exe ----> Setup-questpack.exe
Setup-d0questpack.tp2 ----> Setup-questpack.tp2

This is done to match the default folder of "questpack".  I renamed these files instead of the folder as I was concerned that the .tp2 file may refer to the questpack filepath but I was pretty certain it wouldn't refer to itself or the weidu installer.

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Ascalon's Questpack v2.05 https://github.com/Gitjas/AC_QUEST/releases --- Components didn't show up in PI

Ascalon's Questpack doesn't have components. It's an all-in.

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters v4.1 https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/npcs/bg-romantic-encounters/
       1-44. This stuff showed up
        45. Scar - The Return   -- Didn't show up in PI

Scar's Return is not a component but hidden content. That is why it doesn't have a number but is called "Bonus quest" in the readme. You need to have "Duke Eltan's Spare MinuteEltan's Spare Minute" and "Scar's Spare Time" installed to enable it as specified in the readme.

2 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for J#Indi: BG1 NPC without BG2 content WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "J#INDI.bcs" doesn't exist in game

Classic bug: the EET_NPC_TRANSITION function needs to be moved down in the tp2 after the compilation of the scripts. There are several mods that have this problem, this only came apparent after k4thos introduced the error message after I mentioned the problem, before these bugs remained unnoticed.

1 hour ago, Caedwyr said:

The Alternatives v14 zip file from GitHub has a spelling error in the filename (Altrnatives_v14.zip).

LOL thanks for the info.