Grey the Dog Updates to v9 with new Portrait!

Most recent changelog at the end of this thread!

---

Grey the Dog updates to v4 with Angel's item fixes, improved compatibility, and more bugfixes and typo corrections!

Changes:

-Angel's item file structure fixes: Verified all the item files with DLTCEP and fixed the ones with inconsistencies, also made sure all magical weapons had an enchantment value set.
-Compatibility with Tweaks Anthology "Allow Taerom to Make Additional Ankheg Armors": Option to forge Grey's Ankheg armor should be available if tweak is installed, too.
-more typo corrections
-7th party member mode: detecion of "party rested via scripted Rest()" should work now
-(EE) journal entries belonging to "The Tale of Captain Brage" should be correctly added to journal.
-7th party member mode: effects of C#5MINHP.spl should not be applied to party.
-all journal entries should be erased from journal as intended
-Scripts when changing into 7th party member mode and back should not be interrupted.

Grey the Dog updates to v5!

Version 5 comes with a German version, compatibility with the Transitions Mod, proof readings, bugfixes, and more support for Porject Infinity.

Thank you to Gerri for the work on the German version and @Caedwyr for partly proof reading the English version!

Changelog:

-German version by Gerri, revised by jastey
-English version partly proofread by Caedwyr
-one crossmod banter added with Brage's Redemption.
-Taerom will not talk about forging a weapon for Grey if the PC meets him for the very first time
-Taerom's comment about the material for the canine enforcement makes it clear it's not to be found anywhere near.
-HLA icons fixed
-HLA descriptions fixed
-Grey will receive HLAs
-SoD: Added more randomness to how Grey is chosen in Thrix's game.
-7th party member mode: will be removed correctly in case Grey rejoins via PID and kicked out completely directly after.
-Compatibility with Transitions Mod added.
-Added Dynamic Install Order categories to support Project Infinity.

...And to 5.1 which fixes an install warning on SoD: Grey should now walk with the group in all of the SoD end cutscenes. This was not a critical bug so you only need to update for cosmetics.

Changelog:

-added needed definition for variable "newline" so SoD end cutscene gets patched correctly: Grey should move with the group in SoD end cutscene.
-changed name in the .ini for better Package names when using ALIEN's Infinity Auto Packager.

Grey the Dog updates to v6 with bugfixes and improvements!

Changelog:

-traified and translated all lines for PID
-fixed text format error for EE (non-English versions)
-"7th party members" for some item checks considered
-corrected entry for "Beregost_House08_L2" in cpmvars.tpas
-resttalk crossmod with Brandock should also fire if Brandock is "7th party member"
-more SoD "interjections" (woof!)
-journal entry about Brage's gauntlets should be removed when Brage's quest is finished
-improved transition to BGII
-added check to forbit install of mod after EET_End
-changed internal structure so temporary "autotra" foldr is used for text formatting
-typo corrections

Grey the dog updates to v7!

The new version comes with a Russian translation, thank you @scheele!

Changelog:

-Russian version added, by scheele.
-Changed Brandock Grey's level-up system: He will only level up to the PC's level if: he joins the first time for BG1/SoD/BGII OR he joins after being a 7th party member. No more automatic level-up although he is in party.
-Optimized item handling at the beginning of BGII (Grey should not have paw in inventory).
-Corrected bug in tax collector's dialogue (PC should hand over tax note always).
-Unified Power Levels for effects in c#greyba.spl ("Bark").
-Added paragraph "Quirks of the 7th party member mode ingame" to readme.
-Added globally unique LABELs to uspport Project Infinity.

2 hours ago, scheele said:

greypc_clicktalk.d
IF ~IsGabber(Player1)~ THEN BEGIN grey_clicktalk
SAY ~(Grey turns his head to you.) Woof!~

this part is not in tra; therefore, in the Russian text it appears in English.

Oh, I missed that wehn traify-ing. All text that appear in BG1 should be in the tras. Will be corrected in the next update and be @84.

Grey the Dog updates to v8!

Changelog:

-All BG1 lines in PID traify-ed.
-Compatibility with the 5E casting mod and the TnB multiclass sorcerers and the FnP multiclass shamans: Increase of PC's FATIGUE for detection of scripted resting will happen after 15s timer and only if it wasn't increased by another mod already.
-Updated readme.

Jastey

I've been lurking around these sites for years. I've played the game almost from the beginning and I'm a huge fan of your work. That being said, in the next month or so, I'm planning a "Jastey Run" through a big EET install. I'll be using your mods and characters and many of the ones you have contributed to. Sooooo, I was wondering if you thought of giving Grey a little more survivability in SoA and ToB. It really wouldn't need much. After all, dialogue doesn't really require anything else, "WOOF!" A quest would be nice but what is really needed is just a little more attack and defense since he can't use standard items. Really just a +3 weapon in SoA and +4 in ToB and maybe a little armor buff and he is good to go for the whole series.

Any way, just hoping. Love your work! You're amazing! Thanks for all you do.

@J Beau Thank you for the super kind words! I feel honored.

Unfotunately, I am at modding SoD currently - BGII will come after that, so it will take a little while until I come to making +3/+4 weapons for CHARNAME's most favorite dog companion.

EDIT: Anyone reading this and being familiar with NI knock yourself out though, maybe it's sufficient to just copy the existing teeth enforcer itm files and change the enchantment a little.

Grey the Dog updates to v9!

The new version comes with a new default portrait by @Acifer, with many thanks!

dftz3zk-b3c82846-f6d4-44b6-ab6f-c5f63351c4d5.png

Translations are still needed.

Changelog:

-SoD content completed.
-new default portrait added, by Acifer.
-2 new components: Crossmod, alternate portraits.
-7th PMM mode improved.
-Minor bugfixes.