Ascension - report bugs here

DavidW

5 hours ago, AL|EN said:

@DavidW The tp2 'VERSION' keyword still has 2.0.13.

Noted. 

5 hours ago, AL|EN said:

Even if you override it via MOD_VERSION variable, the weidu.log still has 2.0.13. I suggest to remove it to avoid confusion and future mistakes.

This kind of assumes I put it in just to be annoying and make difficulty, rather than because I actually need it for something concrete that I can't work around on the current version of WEIDU.

Guest Connelly

I found a problem when trying to apply Ascension in an EET installation.

When applying Ascension in a clean BG2EE install, it goes without an issue. During an EET installation though, it starts giving "COPY" errors about trying to add info to files it can't find. The thing is, in the clean BG2EE installation, those files are in the override folder after Ascension is installed. It's like the installer can create those files by itself in the override folder, but decides to do it only for one case and not for the other.

I managed to get around the problem by copying the needed files from the BG2EE install after the Ascension installer was done with it, although I can't be sure this won't cause bugs in the game.

For the "Rewritten final chapter" component, those files are finslgd.spl, finsarev.itm and finslow.spl, and for the "Improved Slayer Transformation" one it's finslgr.spl and finslrm.spl

The "Tougher  Balthazar" component also gives this line "Trying to add spell balth11 to balth but it doesn't exist", though it doesn't interrupt the installation.

On 10/18/2020 at 6:09 PM, Guest Connelly said:

I found a problem when trying to apply Ascension in an EET installation.

When applying Ascension in a clean BG2EE install, it goes without an issue. During an EET installation though, it starts giving "COPY" errors about trying to add info to files it can't find. The thing is, in the clean BG2EE installation, those files are in the override folder after Ascension is installed. It's like the installer can create those files by itself in the override folder, but decides to do it only for one case and not for the other.

I managed to get around the problem by copying the needed files from the BG2EE install after the Ascension installer was done with it, although I can't be sure this won't cause bugs in the game.

For the "Rewritten final chapter" component, those files are finslgd.spl, finsarev.itm and finslow.spl, and for the "Improved Slayer Transformation" one it's finslgr.spl and finslrm.spl

The "Tougher  Balthazar" component also gives this line "Trying to add spell balth11 to balth but it doesn't exist", though it doesn't interrupt the installation.

Can you tell me exactly what you did? I have the same problem
You copy them and then what?

1 hour ago, Guest MAZA said:

Can you tell me exactly what you did? I have the same problem
You copy them and then what?

I would use the current files from the game, not a copies of them, this is because the copies are likely old outdated copies... you can export the file in your current game to elsewhere with moding tools. I would do this using the Near Infinity, it's a java program, so you might need the java runtime enviroment -application to run the .jar file. And you then place the files into the games folders override folder. And then install the later mod.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest Connelly

I simply copied the files that were giving me errors from the override folder in the clean BG2EE install to the one in the EET install. Do keep in mind I was only doing this as a test for the Weidu installer itself, and I'm not suggesting as a way to make the game playable or anything. What Jarno says would be a much safer thing to do, if you must.

Still, for unrelated reasons I restarted a new installation of EET, and curiously enough the Ascension installer completed its work without a single peep. Strange because there's nothing I changed in the installation order up to that point. @_@

Hello,

I'm experiencing a bug in Chapter 10 of BG2:EE. Ascension, Redemption both installed. Balthazar is successfully converted, we confront and beat Melissan, OK cool. He initiates dialogue telling me to go to the Grove, starts a dimension door, then he initiates the exact same dialogue. When I use the PP per his suggestions, I'm just returned to the monastery; when I teleport to the grove using the console, there's nothing there and the heads won't talk. Reloaded, re-fought, re-teleported, no dice. 

BALDUR.SAV

Hello.

Currently starting final battle.

Melissan calls for Irenicus, casts freedom (twice), nothing happens. I can attack Melissan if I wish, she remains neutral. When her HP is drained she just tries to go to her 2nd form ("I MUST TAKE MORE ESSENCE" blaablaa) and game stucks still.

Perhaps If I C:CreateCharacter("IRENICUSASCENSION") or something, should I be able to go forward with this? Where can I can find the character code?

This might be related to the fact that my installation of "Improved Irenicus at Hell" failed somehow. In BG2 finale, I did not get the battle with dragon, beholder, sarevok and the magic sword, which I assumed it would be. This is my first playthrough with SCS+Ascension.

Everything else so far has been almost ok. However, sometimes my characters can get 'stuck inside an enemy' - for example Chromatic Demon teleports to a character and then the character gets stuck inside the demon. The same happened with Abazigal when he turned to dragon form - my charname got stuck inside him and could not escape. 

Thanks.

Hi,

Currently battling Sendai at her enclave. After the fight, it cuts into a cutscene with Balthazar and Melissan at ar5505. However, after the camera comes back to ar6108, Balthazar and Melissan are there and they speak with me and then I have to fight the monks. Only after that, does it go into the Solar scene in the pocket plane.

This behaviour is not sporadic, it happens everytime. I'm guessing they are not supposed to teleport to Sendai's enclave.

Where do I have to look in the override folder to see how to fix this? I'm curretly going to check on files related to ar6108 and ar5505.

I must mention that I also have Wheels of Prophecy installed.

Edited by megapilhas
On 12/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, AL|EN said:

@megapilhasWheels of Prophecy is not yet adapted to EE and new Ascension. You might try to uninstall it (make backup) and see if it fix problem.

Thanks @AL|EN, but my installation was too big (EET) for me to consider that possibility.
I redid the fight a few times, by suggestion of a G3 discord user that had experienced the same bug, and eventually I got a successful result.