Ascension - report bugs here

DavidW

Since @morpheus562 original thread is marked as closed, I will comment here. He patches Ascension in two places. The patch to clone-ing Greater Malison is almost surely correct. Clone-ing the Flaming Aura however, is not. In v2.6 this is done via a Use Eff [177] opcode that calls a cast on condition opcode, so this opcode must be deleted too (or patch it to call the right resource but that is more work). Also best to remove the 321 opcode as it was added to be able to refresh spells and is not needed for a permanent spell. A third problem is that the new 232 opcode to add misses important arguments (targetting, timing, etc.) There is also another problem: the code is not deleting all headers but the first, but I do not understand why this is happening, so I am leaving it alone.

Attached is a zipped file with the corrected ascension_demons.tpa. Make a diff with the original, if you fear (and you should. Cue ominous music) I may have slipped malware.

ascension.zip

There is a bug with Balthazar's Dragon Fist: the Slow effect is not applied.

I've tried to apply it to my characters, and none of them get the Slow effect correctly. The portrait is displayed, the "Slowed" message is logged, but neither the movement, the AC or the THAC0 changes at all.

I've tried to look at the implementation, and I see Dragon Fist having a "Use EFF" which uses FINSLOW.EFF, which in turn casts FINSLOW.SPL, but then I'm just lost in what could be wrong. Any hints are appreciated.

Some other findings on Balthazar abilities:

• Lunar Stance grants +2 to luck, but it's not mentioned on the description of the ability. I will submit a pull request suggesting the addition.
  • Lunar Stance can't be removed by Breach. The other stances have the secondary type set, but not this one.
  • Breach removes the fire damage and hence the self-healing property of the Solar Stance, but doesn't restore the fire damage to its value when out of the Solar Stance (maybe this last part is intended?).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is in the latest Ascension, but with BG2EE 2.5, not 2.6.

Edited by suy
Clarified versions used

This compatibility code is outdated (in "balthazar_compatibility.tpa"):

// Edwin - we just need to turn off his Solar banter if he's romanced

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-edwinromance.tp2" 0 BEGIN
      LAF ALTER_DLG_BLOCK
                STR_VAR dialog=balth2
                        match="EXTERN ~FINSOL01~ 28"
                        swap_out=~IsValidForPartyDialog?u?e("Edwin")~
                        swap_in=~IsValidForPartyDialog("Edwin")!Global("EdwinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~
      END
   END

Edwin Romance interjection at Finsol.d was recoded and does no longer add one here (but splits in Edwin's dlg). Please remove.

I downloaded the 2.0.10 from G3 today. The quoted code is in "ascension/balthazar/balthazar_compatibility.tpa"? EDIT: ok. I downloaded v2.0.14 which indeed does no longer have the Edwin Romance bit but it's still an outdated version. (THen I looked into the wrong version. Thanks for pointing it out.)

Why is the G3 download outdated?

Could this repo be transferred to the G3 one?

The G3 download is outdated because download links are just exe/zip packages re-uploaded from github instead of using lynxlynx.info direct links. And poking Mike every new release was tedious taks. Repository can't be transferred because of translation system integration but the location doesn't matter for packages/direct links.

On 6/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, AL|EN said:

And poking Mike every new release was tedious taks.

There is more G3 staff than Mike1072. Having an outdated download on the forum's ite the mod is hosted is bad. How would I use the lynxlynx.info direct links?

G3 download is updated for now to 2.0.17. Also, I updated thread title and added GitHub link to the first post of this thread.

Hi, i installed the improved slayer component. After hitting 2,000,000 XP I obtained the first improved form, but the old one is still available as a special ability. So I have two slayers buttons.

I tried to remove the old one with EEkeeper, but it comes back after rest. How could I fix this please ?

Hello everybody and thanks for your continuous efforts to keep  IE modding alive.

After a longer absence I started a new BGT multimod installation using modmanager ProjectInfinity (for the first time) and following the installation order recommended in Leonardo Watsons BigWorld v19.2 (yeah, I know it's already one year since it was last updated, but I found no more recent lists).

Since I'm still figuring out how PI works, I decided to do things step by step with only a handful of mods installed at a time.

Everything worked fine until I reached Ascension (using version 2.0.23). Component 0 (Rewritten final chapter) did not install, as you can see in the attached Project Infinity WeiDU-Debug-log. A second try delivered the same result. Next component (Redeemed Balthasar) installed fine, but then installation stopped. I'm adding WeiDu-log and the file SetupAscension.debug in case that helps.

I would have dropped any of the smaller mods to continue, but Ascension is absolutely crucial, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours

Azaghal

WeiDU.log Setup-Ascension.debug ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Debug-Ascension-0.log

This is the error message for Rewritten final chapter:

[INNER_PATCH_SAVE "%new_script%".BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 841 column 1-4
Near Text: !
    syntax error
[INNER_PATCH_SAVE "%new_script%".BAF]  ERROR at line 841 column 1-4
Near Text: !
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [INNER_PATCH_SAVE "%new_script%".BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [ar6200.bcs] -> [override/ar6200.bcs] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error.

This component (v2.0.23) installs fine for me, so I fear it's a bug in your game script AR6200.bcs the installer chokes on while trying to patch it.

I noticed some things in your weidu.log:

-is Oversight really to be installed before the Fixpack?

-BP is outdated I think. I am not sure any version of BP is still compatible with current other mod versions, like Ascension etc.