Original Baldur's Gate 1 with small changes

Guest gest

Guest gest

Hi,

I want to play BG 1 classic almost completely vanilla, except for two things: I would like to have the summons capped at 5, and I would like to have Mirror Image work like it does in BG 2.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Guest Rhastor

Does BGT not change things? I thought I read somewhere that items appear in BGT which are not in the original game, like a ring of 18 charisma, or something like that.

1 hour ago, Guest Rhastor said:

Does BGT not change things?

Well it does, and in some cases it has to, even if you put aside everything that does not have to be changed. There are things like the proficiency system. You can't have the 8 old proficiencies anymore; there will be like 20 of them. And then there are the kits - although you can choose to ignore them. BGT also has its own list of bug fixes for original BG, so if you'd prefer to have the original bugs in your game, you're out of luck. Then there are differences like the journal and the worldmap - how they look and feel - but things like the worldmap are just cosmetic.

In general though, a pure BGT installation should be quite faithful to the original BG. I don't believe the mod adds any unusual items to BG. Not just for the heck of it, at least.

Edited by ABlake
6 hours ago, ABlake said:

You can't have the 8 old proficiencies anymore

Tweaks Anthology -> Alter Weapon Proficiency System

Readme:

The second and third options are variants of using the old BG-style system of proficiencies. In BG, the weapons proficiencies were not as specialized (i.e. Large Swords covered bastard swords, two-handed swords, and long swords) and there were only eight categories.

8 hours ago, Guest Rhastor said:

Does BGT not change things? I thought I read somewhere that items appear in BGT which are not in the original game, like a ring of 18 charisma, or something like that.

BGT doesn't add any items like that. You can also restore some BG1 item properties using BGT Tweaks -> Item BG1-ification