Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

Guest VagisilTheDruid

Thanks for this update! I was just about to reinstall SCS on my brand new game in BG2 due to an error I made (don't ask), and I saw this! I was instantly interested when I saw that you fixed the NPC Customization and Management component (starting at level 0) and the bug occured to me in BG1 -_-

Thansk for doing this man!

Hey David.

It appears that modify_breach.tpa patches Spell Shield to protect from Breach whereas the readme states that it doesn't penetrate Spell Turning. Which it probably will since ST does not have a #226/#228 opcode set to protect from the Breach's new secondary type. Which behavior is supposed to be correct, in the end?

Couple minor bugs on a v33 play-though with "remove party items in spellhold" enabled. Really enjoying how solid its been. 

Bhaal frequently did not want to follow charname into candlekeep. I THINK the consistent behavior was that Bhaal would not follow when charname was hasted (as my character was starting the map by using an oil of speed). But I only tried it a few times and I unfortunately no longer have the relevant save to check. When the issue was occurring, Bhaal would turn red and follow charname to the entrance as usual, but would not actually change areas to follow charname inside. 

When retrieving the party's items in Irenicus's chambers, many items had one count of a stack removed from containers. The total number was correct, but arrows would have one count removed from the container and left as a 1x stack outside, lots of scrolls were removed, potions, etc.

Smarter Beholder anti-magic ray does not force natural form for polymorphed characters (e.g. as mustard jellies). My understanding is that it should. On the other hand, my no-reload party was saved against the unseeing eye's death tyrants using the current mechanic...

Greetings.

The talk about going to brynnlaw in the Rhynn Lanthorn thread reminded me of something that i wanted to mention for a long time but i never did. Is it possible for the "Higher cost to Spellhold" component to account for the Alternatives mod too ?

When the component is installed, Gaelan asks for the correct amount but Aster still asks for 15K. I have changed locally gameplay/spellhold_cost.tpa#L26 as follows

LAF swap_text INT_VAR allow_missing=1 STR_VAR files=~bodhi.dlg gaelan.dlg b!aster.dlg ar0800.bcs baldur.bcs~ swaps= ~

that is i added b!aster.dlg which is the only file that mentions the amount of gold (there is also b!ar1000.baf but the code is commented and not used) and also added INT_VAR allow_missing=1 so that it doesn't error out when someone doesn't use Alternatives. It seems to work but i don't know if it is the optimal way to do it.

Thank you for your time.

The revised troll regeneration takes a brutally long time to install.  Longer than any of the AI components.  Granted, the pf_trolls function is running on over 22,000 files, so it's my fault for having a modded game with so many .SPL files.  But it's kind of surprising, given the limited scope of the component.  I wonder if there's a way to narrow the scale of the operations, since the vast majority of those spells probably do not need to be handled by the function....

It takes 3 minutes on an all-of-SCS, otherwise-basically-unmodded BG2EE, which, yeah, is kind of on the long side. I'll have a look at whether the loop can be optimized. (It needs to patch every fire damage effect in the game, hence the need for a loop like that.)

OK: if I hardcode an initial pass through spells/items to identify damage effects, rather than relying on the CLONE_EFFECT function, I can get the loop time down from three minutes to about three seconds (with another 15 seconds to go back through the list and actually apply the effects).

@subtledoctor: if you want to try it out on your install (which would be helpful), grab the copy of pf_trolls from the SCS repo. 

20 minutes ago, DavidW said:

OK: if I hardcode an initial pass through spells/items to identify damage effects, rather than relying on the CLONE_EFFECT function, I can get the loop time down from three minutes to about three seconds (with another 15 seconds to go back through the list and actually apply the effects).

@subtledoctor: if you want to try it out on your install (which would be helpful), grab the copy of pf_trolls from the SCS repo. 

Ah!  I literally just started the TextureConvert mod before flipping over to read this post.  That's similar in consequence to Generalized Biffing - there's kind of no going back from that point.  If for whatever reason this doesn't end up as my final finished install, I'll definitely give that a go.

And yeah, I've gone through a lot of my mods recently to limit my reliance on CLONE_EFFECT to do the actual file filtering, and sometimes it's amazing how much faster things can be.  My 'Revised Bards' component went from 5-10 minutes install time down to 10-15 seconds.

Guest .ini

Hello,

Any chance of adding an .ini concerning the number of potions thalantyr has? And not only the number but also the type. I would love to acquire extra healing potions.

Guest SCS Lover

Greetings. I'm here to report than even in 33.1 fiends still fight each other, unless you cast protection from evil on them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.