How do I install the BG2 EE Gibberlings mod?

My hard drive was fried and while it worked before I don't know why I can't get it working now... I download it into my downloads folder and then click install and it says in the command prompt that there was an error... can anyone help me?

Aka, jastey is saying that if you use Windows, you probably downloaded the The Tweaks Anthology v9 aka, hopefully; "cdtweaks-v9.exe", the others don't work on Windows, into your downloads folder, and ran it, this will extract the file ... and you probably exracted it into the downloads folder, which is a mistake as you should extract it into the game folder ... and should you know, Windows 7 - 10 at least today, restrict your folder access so that you can only own the files specifically located in the C drive, in your user file folders, aka;

C:\Users\<username>\<Games folder>\<game name>

So for example, if I were a Finnish player I would install the game into here: C:\Users\TheImp\Pelit\BG2EE\ - and so the extraction folder would be that. That will then add the archives content into the folder, the "setup-cdtweaks.exe" -file and the "cdtweaks" -folder. And then the mod tries to run the "setup-cdtweaks.exe" file which will give you the console, that shows the command prompt...

On 5/26/2020 at 5:21 AM, jastey said:

Posting the error message would help a lot.

Also, what do you mean by click-install? Are you starting with an exe-archive or did you already extract the mod package?

Which mod are you talking about, exactly?

It says this is not a game directory press ENTER to exit (it is in my baldurs gate folder which is in my steam common apps folder