The enemy within

Guest curious guest

A bump. Because this mod seems interesting and I wonder if there is someone in these forums to actually working on it or having contact with the main modder.

according to what is written in the beamdog forum, this mod will never come out.

the two etas given are bg3 or iwd in eet

we dont even knowwhen bg3 will be out so it basically means never.

iwd in ee is the same, it will never be released

Why would this mod not be completed? Anyway, it seems interesting. I would like to help. It's surprising that a keep should spring up between Beregost and Nashkel, there is no such fortification on any standard maps of the Realms, later ones. That Dragon article is a sort of apocrypha. But I'm ready to change my perceptions for an expanded world.

Guest Fluke13

Bg3 release date is 30 September 2020.

There are a lot of mods that start and never get finished, so I don't blame people for thinking that. I don't roll like that, but I've got a lot going on right now... 19 month daughter, new job, visas, trying to buy a house. I'll find time next year and release it. I'll be working on this mod, updating it and adding things for many years, but won't make the mistake of making it too big to start with.

I also don't have a computer right now, so that doesn't help. If anyone wants to speed up the process and buy me one heh. There are so many mods now that I don't see the point in rushing out a workable quest mod... It's needs something a little special and I'm adding a couple of NPCs and a new Runecaster class.

Also iwd-in-eet will happen. Worse case scenario... The mod will let you only travel to Targos (rather than all iwd)... I've already put Targos in my bg2ee and iwdee.

fluke13, thank for being patient toward my impatiencr

i didnt think you would be referring to the early access of bg3

as for iwd in eet, how d you know it will happen?

Guest Fluke13

The guy doing it is extremely clever, he's basically created an automated system to change iwd coding to bg2ee coding. He's already put a huge amount of work into it. He's not in a rush, life gets busy, but he's been around for over 20 years like me and he's still around. Also, he's waiting for me to send over some maps, we have about 10 ambush maps someone created from scratch so that iwd2 gets the same features as the other areas of bg2.

Guest Fluke13

To put it into perspective, I think I'll need another 20 hours to release it. The help I need is friendly, constructive testers with a lot of patience, just testing one thing at a time. PM me on Beamdog if you'd like to help, cheers.

Guest Fluke13

So I've revisited the mod and I think it might even be ready this year. I could use help, but have more specific requests for help, if anyone would like to contribute:

1) I'd like some interesting weapons or other items which are rewards for completing a quest line - a sword of sharpness is one, the others can be anything which is a suitable gift from the Flaming Fist, Harpers, Cowled Wizards, Illithids and Twisted Rune.

2) Making an area interesting - I have an area used for a major and minor quest - currently it is blank, with some random monks wondering around - so I need to make this area interesting to explore with some proper enemies and random encounters.

3) Bug fixes: the scripting for add map marker is broken: so when you open the world map, and see names likes "Beregost Travelling Hours 12" - the names on the mod keep adding, so there on my test there is "Cragmyr Keep Cregmyr Keep" and "Flaming Fist camp" is showing about 10 times right now - this might be due to every intall, uninstall. But if anyone knows what;s wrong or just knows how to do world map markers right, please let me know.

If someone is able to do all three above, I would be eternally greatful. Non linear story lines are tricky, with so many possibilities to account for, so that's mostly what I need to work, plus a few subquests and then the "end game". I'll try to do a monthly update.

Thanks everyone