Legacy of Bhaal difficulty and increased damage?

Guest Fenrir

Guest Fenrir

Hi.  I am starting another playthrough of BG EE and wanted a great challenge so I have implemented SCS for the first time along with Legacy of Bhaal difficulty (just took 1/2 hour to kill two hobgoblins.)  In SCS I installed all the AI mods and Encounter mods, and anything else that looked like it would make things more difficulty.  My question is,  when I look in gameplay settings, there is a checkbox for no difficulty based damage increases which is checked and says that SCS assumes that this is checked.  I want creatures to do damage to me based on the legacy of bhaal setting, or the SCS setting, whichever is higher for the greater challenge.  Will creatures do more damage if I leave this checked, or less, or the same in general?  If I do not leave it checked, do that disable SCS?  Thanks for any info, and great mod!

Did you try the Insane difficulty? I think you will find the challenge you are looking for. I never got past the first dungeon on LOB, but I did read it isn't very balanced. It is a flat increase that actually causes TOB to be somewhat easier than Insane while BG1 is much much harder pointlessly. I do not have all of the specifics.

I have basically no idea how Legacy of Bhaal difficulty plays out in practice. I think I agree with Slick85: if you want the maximal challenge: play on Insane, uncheck 'no difficulty based damage increases', and also use the 'fine-tune difficulty' to set the difficulties of the mage and priest HLA components up to 'legacy of bhaal' level (7). I don't actually recommend playing at that difficulty - it's way harder than I like my own games to be - but it's probably the most challenging SCS setting.

Guest Fenrir

Hi.    When I set the game difficulty on legacy of Bhaal all SCS fine tuning difficulties are set on Insane by default.   This is what I am confused about.  It says that SCS assumes that the no difficulty based damage increases box is checked and that checking the box is "strongly recommended."  Because of this I am worried that unchecking the box will disable SCS or mess with its functioning or something.  I tried the same battle with the box checked and without.  Without my enemies did double damage to me, and with it checked, half of that.  I want the double damage.  I want the game as hard as it can possibly be, (with the exception that I do not play solo because I enjoy the character interaction, and the different tactical approaches with party combat, and I do not do no reloads as well, because I enjoy exploring different options.)  I want to leave the box unchecked, so enemies will do double damage, but not if it messes with the way SCS is supposed to function.  Any info is appreciated.

Guest Fenrir

Hi.    When I set the game difficulty on legacy of Bhaal all SCS fine tuning difficulties are set on Insane by default.   This is what I am confused about.  It says that SCS assumes that the no difficulty based damage increases box is checked and that checking the box is "strongly recommended."  Because of this I am worried that unchecking the box will disable SCS or mess with its functioning or something.  I tried the same battle with the box checked and without.  Without my enemies did double damage to me, and with it checked, half of that.  I want the double damage.  I want the game as hard as it can possibly be, (with the exception that I do not play solo because I enjoy the character interaction, and the different tactical approaches with party combat, and I do not do no reloads as well, because I enjoy exploring different options.)  I want to leave the box unchecked, so enemies will do double damage, but not if it messes with the way SCS is supposed to function.  Any info is appreciated.