Problems with BGT megamod install

@jastey I've just tried that and get the same crash.

Using the console to move to AR9001 puts the party in the other doorway but same crash.

I was able to console them to AR9002. Leaving that area to enter AR9001 causes the crash as well.

Before the game crashes im able to see the area and the party and a terrifed hobgoblin captain but no Haeball. The green or yellow circles are displayed under each creature/party member.

I tried with earlier saves and the party appear in the room but no Haeball then the crash, except once where they appeared in the tower, no crash, i was able to exit to AR9000 but on trying to re-enter AR9001 i got the crash again.

Any ideas whats going wrong?

Thanks

@Nathan82 unfortunately not, so far, the area worked in all games for everyone afaik. Would you do a changelog on AR9001.are to see whether some other mod changed something obvious? Other than that maybe some original source used in the area was changed and crashes now.

You are using BGT and English mod version, right? Can you cheat in Haeball without getting a crash? Cre code is "nthaebal".

@jastey I've tested it a bit more and i have a save that will reliably let me console into the area.

Save is from Chapter 3, before going to Restenford to do the Bonehill mod stuff.

Once in AR9001 i can send a few party members to either AR900 or AR9002 and return to AR9001.

Basically as long as i have 1 party member in AR9001 i can move between areas ok.

Haeball wasnt in the tower when i consoled to it.

Yes its BGT and English. My weidu log is a bit mangled, as Jarno said it would be, from moving the setup.exes out of the folder to run generalised biffing with weidu 246.

I thought id copied it somewhere safe before i did that but cant find it.

change log for AR9001

Spoiler

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24700

Mods affecting AR9001.ARE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~NTOTSC\NTOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BGT-Weidu, BG:EE, and EET4.2.0
00001:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 0 // Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer19022016
00002: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

change log for NTHAEBAL

Spoiler

Mods affecting NTHAEBAL.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~NTOTSC\NTOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BGT-Weidu, BG:EE, and EET4.2.0
00001:  ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter11 (5 Feb 12)
00002:  ~MIH_IP\SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ 0 0 // Made in Heaven: Item Packv5
00003:  ~SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 650 // More Neverwinter Nights Animationsv5 BWP Fix
00004:  ~AURORA\SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Bootsv5.2.2
00005:  ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg)For All Creatures in Gamev9
00006:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)33.7
00007:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI33.7
00008:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6030 // Smarter Mages33.7
00009:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6100 // Potions for NPCs33.7
00010:  ~SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.TP2~ 0 20 // Portraits for Northern Tales of the Sword Coastv3.0 BWP Fix 3
00011:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 1 // Creature Stuff - Creature Resource Fixer19022016
00012:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 5 // Creature Stuff - MAJESTIC Creature Fixer19022016
00013: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

I just tried consoling party to AR9001 and the using CreateCreature to make Haeball appear and the game crashed

I then tried my most recent save, consoling him in in AR9000 and game crashed again.

Looks like its Haeball thats the problem not the area?

Edited by Nathan82
2 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

Looks like its Haeball thats the problem not the area?

Could well be possible. But there is no way I can help debug after so many mods touched the cre - sorry! Best you have a look at the cre with NI and try to see whether there is something obvious - it could also be the colors of his clothes or animation of his weapon that leads to a crash. Maybe make a safety copy and strip him if his items for a start.

I've found the problem, its Infinity Animations i think

Spoiler

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24700
weidu_external/lang/stratagems/english/setup.tra file not found. Skipping...

Mods affecting NTHAEBAL.CRE:
00001:  ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter11 (5 Feb 12)
00002:  ~MIH_IP\SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ 0 0 // Made in Heaven: Item Packv5
00003:  ~SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 650 // More Neverwinter Nights Animationsv5 BWP Fix
00004:  ~AURORA\SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Bootsv5.2.2
00005:  ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg)For All Creatures in Gamev9
00006:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)33.7
00007:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI33.7
00008:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6030 // Smarter Mages33.7
00009:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6100 // Potions for NPCs33.7
00010:  ~SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.TP2~ 0 20 // Portraits for Northern Tales of the Sword Coastv3.0 BWP Fix 3
00011:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 1 // Creature Stuff - Creature Resource Fixer19022016
00012:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 5 // Creature Stuff - MAJESTIC Creature Fixer19022016
00013: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

I added the NTHAEBAL.0000#.CRE files one at a time to the override folder and renamed them to NTHAEBAL.CRE

Then started the game and used CreateCreature to summon them.

Haeball appeared for .00001 .00002 and .00003 then crashed on .00004

So i added both NTHAEBAL.00003 and NTHAEBAL.00004 to the override and compared in NI

The difference was between the Animation setting, changing from MAGE_MALE_HUMAN - 25088 to AMEL_PC_NWN - 21101

If im reading the changelog correctly its Infinity Animations that is doing this

I then used NI to search for AMEL_PC_NWN - 21101 and the only other affected .CRE is NTDRAAGI.CRE so i loaded a saved game and tried using CreateCreature to summon him and game crashed.

So i then deleted what I'd added to the override and edited NTHAEBAL.CRE to have his original animation, loaded saved game and was able to enter AR9001 - no crash, he responds normally, so I think its fixed.

Any ideas why AMEL_PC_NWN - 21101 is causing this?

Thanks for your help

It seems it has nothing to do with the More Neverwinter Nights Animations component because I applied this patch on NTHAEBAL.CRE and NTDRAAGI.CRE (without installing NToTSC) and could console them into the game without issue.

I will check AR9001. Maybe something has been modified in this map since IA v5...

Baldr000.jpg

Edited by Gwendolyne

One is equipped with a special ring that seems to apply a blur effect.

I will install NToTSC and IA to check what's wrong. But I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with IA and NToTSC as this bug has never been reported before and, as you see in the above post, it works fine...

@Nathan82 Can you please post all the cre files resulting from your change-logs?

Edited by Gwendolyne

It was a problem with my install.

Somehow i'd missed downloading this

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/867-ia-content-worms-nwn-ports-alternate-modron-v3/

I checked through my project infinity install logs and saw that a couple of comonents had been skipped because "IA_NWN_01_Modron.rar needs to be extracted and installed with the main component."

Not quite sure how i've missed this one but its my fault.

I checked with Gwendolyne and tried what he suggested and it now works

I downloaded the file in the link and extracted the contents of \[NWN]+Amel into the \override, used NI to set Haeball's animation back to AMEL_PC_NWN and tested it and it works, can enter the tower (AR9001) Haeball is there with correct animation.

Thanks @jastey and @Gwendolyne for your help, sorry it was my fault

Looking forward to the new Infinity Animations when its ready, no rush

It is probably due to the way old IA had to be installed:

Players were to DL IA contents and extract them into /content folder before launching IA main component. Then, each component checked for one bam file to be run. Unfortunately, if players forgot to extract one single file in one subfolder content (which was not the one checked by the installer), the game crashed.

The next version will avoid this kind of behavior by forcing all needed files installation if they don't exist in game. ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne
On 12/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, Nathan82 said:

@AL|EN the mods were;

Heart of the Wood http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60821-heart-of-the-wood-updated-to-v700-ee-compatible/

The mod doesnt seem to copy over from \extracted mods to the \GGII - SOA folder. If i copy it manually it installs.

Ruad Ro'fhessa http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/790-ruad-rofhessa-item-upgrade/

Seems to have same issue, folder not coppying over fully but works if done manually.

K'aeloree's facing the Shade Lord again http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/Contests/ShadeLord2006/submission-k'aeloree.zip

I think i had to manually copy over and run it twice, it updated to newest weidu the first time and ran correctly the second. I think.

Also a new version of one of Angel's mods, item pack or encounters and quests wasnt displaying properly in PI and didnt want to install so i used an older version which worked fine, i need to double check this though.

I'll send you the installation logs.

Thanks

@Nathan82

Hi. I was not able to reproduce the 'copy mod folder' errors using latest PI version. Also, I've remember that new version of one of Angel's mods didn't worked with weidu 247 at soeme point. But I fixed the bug for "BWL Contest" mod, thanks for report.