Problems with BGT megamod install

On 5/29/2021 at 7:13 AM, Nathan82 said:

And finally the Bishops in the Chess battle seem to have duplicate items, equipped and in inventory. I ran achangelog on BGBISHOP.CRE, copied the extra .cre files to the override so i could look at them in NearInfinity but i cant work out whats causing them to duplicate.

Pretty sure it's lolfixer, it does a lot of stuff like that.

8 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

Anyway, the fix was to use DLTCEP - Extract from Bif

I think you can decompress biffs to the same effect.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:13 AM, Nathan82 said:

I searched the whole level with true seeing, couldnt find him anywhere. Spawned another one via the console and same thing happened. So i spawned the wardstone and went to level 2 and there they both were.

What's your current weidu.log?

1 hour ago, Magus said:

Pretty sure it's lolfixer, it does a lot of stuff like that.

I was starting to wonder if that was the cause, I've found quite a lot of enemies with numerous suits of armour etc, I thought it was supposed to do the opposite but might be wrong.

1 hour ago, Magus said:

What's your current weidu.log?

I've attached it, thanks

WeiDU.7z

34 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

I was starting to wonder if that was the cause, I've found quite a lot of enemies with numerous suits of armour etc, I thought it was supposed to do the opposite but might be wrong.

The corresponding component (overhauler or unborker, don't remember) is really described misleadingly and shouldn't be used in common installations.

34 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

I've attached it, thanks

I thought it might be less autosaves, but you don't have it installed... so my money is on SCS.

(I remember once seeing messages from Lamalha assassin group in Durlag's Tower. And another time actually meeting them in Copper Coronet).

Edited by Magus
8 hours ago, Magus said:

The corresponding component (overhauler or unborker, don't remember) is really described misleadingly and shouldn't be used in common installations.

@Nathan82

Inventory Unborker breaks all sorts of things and should not be used for actual to-be-played installations - Overhauler has always seemed fine in my experience.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Goddamit.

The newest BWP PDF(19.2) says not to install LOLfixer components;

~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer: 19022016
~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature Stuff - Inventory Unborker (removes spurious references to the item table): 19022016
~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ #0 #4 // Creature Stuff - Inventory Overhauler (moves invalid but equippable items to inventory and equips anything in the inventory to a free slot): 19022016

Why? Because it buggers stuff up, as @Bartimaeus and @Magus pointed out, thanks.

But I was using 18.2 as a guide and that says to install all of them. I have nearly finished a sorting order csv file based on BWP 19.2 but as Leonardo is still busy working on refining it, i'll wait before i post it here, un;less anyone wants it now.

Good job i double checked that, I thought for a moment that I'd been a proper numpty and had ignored it and achieved a newer, greater level of stupid.

It also explains the weird bug i had with the Merchant League quest, that I mentioned a few months back, thanks for taking a look at that @jastey at least we know it what the problem probably was now - me not using the newest version and LOLFIXER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer.

Next, probably dumb idea,

What will happen if I uninstall them? Those three components?

Will that cause problems with my current playthrough?

I know i'll have to dick about uninstalling stuff with different versions of weidu but thats not too much of an issue.

Me uninstalling stuff and my saved game then breaking will piss me right off though.

So do i uninstall them and hope for the best or not bother and just ignore all the duplicated items and hope there are no other fun and exciting bugs waiting to be discovered?

Anyway, thanks for all the help and suggestions. And not calling me a dunce.

@Bartimaeus this is what it says in the BWP pdf 19.2

Lolfixer is still a great addition for Mega-mod installation. Some components need bugfixes, in other hand, components 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 seems working without drawbacks and can avoid some mega-mods CTD (Missing animations, non-existent items...)

0 [Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer]? [N]ot Install
This component can mess up with some mods and particularly with Jarl’s BGT Adventure Pack - this mod put existence of doppelganger creatures to 0 and area patcher put them back to normal value, leading to bugs during the merchant league quest (BG1)
Install Component 1[Creature Stuff

2 [Creature Stuff - Inventory Unborker (removes spurious references to the item table)]? [N]ot Install
This component adds objects to inventories that was not meant to be added - for exemple, Tethtoril, in one of the fist quest of BG1, the identification scroll quest in candlekeep now has a chainmail +1, a mace +1 and a Medium Shield +1 that can be stolen... he is only a monk...

4 [Creature Stuff - Inventory Overhauler (moves invalid but equippable items to inventory and equips anything in the inventory to a free slot)]? [N]ot Install
This component adds new items for all creatures, creating duplicates, making enemies real pack mule, and you easily richer.

I just had a quick check and this is only in the newest version, prior to 19.2 it says to install all components.

Thanks

I don't know of cases where it actually breaks things (as in broken game), but it can result in dupe items, multiple armor sets, etc.

You should be alright without uninstalling.

Or, if it really bugs you, just make a full backup of game directory and try uninstalling, see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Magus said:

I don't know of cases where it actually breaks things (as in broken game), but it can result in dupe items, multiple armor sets, etc.

You should be alright without uninstalling.

Or, if it really bugs you, just make a full backup of game directory and try uninstalling, see how it goes.

I know Unborker does plenty of stuff like that (which is why I always recommend against installing it to everybody), but I've used Inventory Overhauler on every install basically ever and can't say I've ever seen an item out of place as a result, so that's why I'm a little confused/skeptical. I guess it'd be nice to know of a specific example that it causes.

(e): Upon reflection, I think you were actually responding to Nathan - in his case (and in most cases), lolfixer is installed at the very end of the installation, so it should be relatively harmless to uninstall - very little chance of an issue being made even for ongoing games, I would think. Doesn't hurt to make sure, though...

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hello, I've found another odd thing with my install.

I've got Victor's Improvements Pack version 2.0 installed and tyhe first component tweaks some races.

Anyway, I created a half orc character with 20 constitution (yes i know its super cheesy) but they only start with 10HP. They get 15 HP per level up but initial HP is wrong.

Characters with 19 constitution have 15 HP as expected.

I've checked HPCONBON.2DA and it looks right, i think.

Anyone got ideas whats gone wrong or what else i should check?

Thanks

Well, there's a mod that try to checks the hitpoints the characters have and fixes them incase they don't. One of them is BGT-weidu. So... you are boned. Of course you can fix it by editing the character in Shadowkeeper. Of course if it's a cleric, you are more than boned, cause it checks the cleric spells and error out with a warning. But that shouldn't be the case, in your case.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Thanks @Jarno, didnt know BGT-weidu did any checks like that, i'll use shadowkeeper to fix it.

I've found another minor issue. In the Circus tent one of the illusionary peasant/orcs is causing me to lose reputation when killed.

I've had a look at the files in NI and used change-log to try and find out whats going on and it looks like  its infinity animations that is changing the class to innocent.

From changelog;

Mods affecting KCHILD2.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~BG2FIXPACK\SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixesv13
00001:  ~SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 710 // More Planescape: Torment Animations25% of relevant non-joinablesv5 BWP Fix
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)33.7
00003:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 1 // Creature Stuff - Creature Resource Fixer19022016
00004:  ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 5 // Creature Stuff - MAJESTIC Creature Fixer19022016
00005: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

I think this is just me getting unlucky with the animations being assigned but it might be worth excluding these 2 from possible non-joinable npcs who could potentially be affected by this component.

change-log kchild2.7z

1 hour ago, Nathan82 said:

Thanks @Jarno, didnt know BGT-weidu did any checks like that, i'll use shadowkeeper to fix it.

Yeah. If memory serves, the vanilla game doesn't do this, but allegedly even the BG2Fixpack does this ... probably so that the player character doesn't die on the first few cutscenes due to low health and all that. CamDawg should know more about it... but let's not bother him with this, as it shouldn't be entirely neccesary.

And good new year to you.

Hello

I've got another crash to desktop, with this error;

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChDimm.cpp
Line: 7641

Exp: pBiffHeader->dwFileType != mmioFOURCC('B', 'I', 'F', 'C')

Msg: c:\bgt all\bgii - soa\cd5\DATA\AREA610A.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space

I've got loads of free hard drive space so don't think thats the problem.

What's happening is, im in area L#NI14 (a Tangled Oak isle area), I've given the person the thing they want, they open a portal, i click on that to go to next area and the game crashes with the above error.

Tangled Oak version 2.02 according t othe readme. Not the most recent i know but i couldnt see this specific issue mentioned in the change log for the most recent version.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks