Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nathan82

Problems with BGT megamod install

Recommended Posts

@Bartimaeus thanks for the tips on install order. And for answering my question about SRR the other day. I dont know how i missed the bit in the readme about HLA's. I have read it, honest. Cant see for looking.

 I based the install order on the BWP pdf which installs Spell revisions, item revisions and 1PP in two or three seperate bits.

The sorting order i used has them in this order ;

1pp 101 102 103 114 200 400 401

item_rev 0

spell_rev 0 20 30 55

then, many hours later

1pp 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 201 210 300 301

item_rev 1030 2 3 10 17 11 12 1090 1091 1092 1093 15 16

1pp 202

spell_rev 60

 

This is what it says in the pdf;

"Item Revisions is compatible with 1PPv4 when you follow this installation order:
Install before IR's main component:
101 Core Paperdolls (included in IR but required for other 1PP components)
400 Core Updates and Item Patches (partially included in IR but required for other 1PP components)
401 Improved Projectile Effects
Install after IR's main component:
113 Smart Avatar & Armour Switching
210 Increased Paperdoll Object Variety (core)
Don't install because they are already included:
203 Restored Flame Sword Animations
204 Colourable Quarterstaves
205 Legacy Shields v2
206 Additional Shield Animations (core)
207 Wizards' Staves (core)
208 Additional Helmet Animations (core)
Aurora's main component also patches BGMain.exe, therefore 1PP component Unique Thief Avatars can not be installed
after Aurora or after Infinity Animations main component.
At least the 1PP component "Softer Spell Effects" must be installed before Spellpack because otherwise some spells
and items will be faulty patched and display wrong animations.
NOTE: This mod must be installed in three steps! Only the components Core paperdolls and Core content patches
should be installed before Item Revisions. All the others components must be installed to the end of the megamod."

This is in relation to 1PP v4, Item Revisions v4 Beta 10  (20 June 2017) with IR Revised V1.2.4 (2019 January 20th) and Spell Revisions v4beta16 with SR Revised V1.1.0 (2019 February 5th)

I used the newest versions of IRR and SRR though. I did check the change history on the github pages and didnt look like anything massively different had been done to them, just fixes and tweaks but im far from an expert on this.

Do you se any major issues with this install order apart from putting spell revisions first?

Something like this maybe?

spell_rev 0 20 30 55

1pp 101 102 103 114 200 400 401

item_rev 0

then, many hours later

1pp 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 201 210 300 301

item_rev 1030 2 3 10 17 11 12 1090 1091 1092 1093 15 16

1pp 202

spell_rev 60

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.

Also where would you put spell_rev 65 in relation to other mods ?

 

Share this post


Link to post

@Jarno Mikkola i checked the baldur.ini and it showed the following;

GLSetup Driver=0
16Bit Textures=0
Resolution=1024
BitsPerPixel=32
3D Acceleration=1

In relation to the Big Picture mod, are you saying dont use it all?

I have spent ages looking at the BWP pdf and i thought that as long as you dont install components that do the same thing/affect same areas you can get SCS and BP components working in the same install. Im pretty sure the BP elements i included wont interfer with SCS?

Or did you mean its just buggy because of how its written?

Also, I tried the file checker and got the following

Corrupted files
Number of hits: 16
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 420h, Error: Spell(420h) overlaps Spell(420h) by 8 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 428h, Error: Memorization(428h) overlaps Memorization(428h) by 2 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 42ah, Error: Unknown(42ah) overlaps Unknown(42ah) by 2 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 42ch, Error: Spell(42ch) overlaps Spell(42ch) by 8 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 42ch, Error: Spell(42ch) overlaps Spell(42ch) by 8 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 434h, Error: Memorization(434h) overlaps Memorization(434h) by 2 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 434h, Error: Memorization(434h) overlaps Memorization(434h) by 2 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 436h, Error: Unknown(436h) overlaps Unknown(436h) by 2 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 436h, Error: Unknown(436h) overlaps Unknown(436h) by 2 bytes
File: KOBSHA02.CRE, Offset: 436h, Error: 36 unused bytes between Unknown(436h) and Signature(45ch)
File: KOBWIT02.CRE, Offset: 4b0h, Error: Spell(4b0h) overlaps Spell(4b0h) by 8 bytes
File: KOBWIT02.CRE, Offset: 4b8h, Error: Memorization(4b8h) overlaps Memorization(4b8h) by 2 bytes
File: KOBWIT02.CRE, Offset: 4bah, Error: Unknown(4bah) overlaps Unknown(4bah) by 2 bytes
File: KOBWIT02.CRE, Offset: 4c6h, Error: 12 unused bytes between Unknown(4c6h) and Signature(4d4h)
File: TS0020.ARE, Offset: 458h, Error: 16 unused bytes between Flags(458h) and X(46ch)
File: YS1001N.WED, Offset: e408h, Error: 12 unused bytes between Tilemap index 5(e408h) and Polygon index(e416h)

Thats mostly affecting Kobold shamans (shamen?) There were a few files it said it couldnt check.

I had a play around with the other check options. Some seemed to just crashed the program

Script check showed;

Warnings in scripts
Number of hits: 12698

Is that really bad? Seems like a lot.

And still no closer to working out whats buggered mages up.

And more ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nathan82 said:

@Bartimaeus thanks for the tips on install order. And for answering my question about SRR the other day. I dont know how i missed the bit in the readme about HLA's. I have read it, honest. Cant see for looking.

 I based the install order on the BWP pdf which installs Spell revisions, item revisions and 1PP in two or three seperate bits.

The sorting order i used has them in this order ;

1pp 101 102 103 114 200 400 401

item_rev 0

spell_rev 0 20 30 55

then, many hours later

1pp 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 201 210 300 301

item_rev 1030 2 3 10 17 11 12 1090 1091 1092 1093 15 16

1pp 202

spell_rev 60

 

This is what it says in the pdf;

"Item Revisions is compatible with 1PPv4 when you follow this installation order:
Install before IR's main component:
101 Core Paperdolls (included in IR but required for other 1PP components)
400 Core Updates and Item Patches (partially included in IR but required for other 1PP components)
401 Improved Projectile Effects
Install after IR's main component:
113 Smart Avatar & Armour Switching
210 Increased Paperdoll Object Variety (core)
Don't install because they are already included:
203 Restored Flame Sword Animations
204 Colourable Quarterstaves
205 Legacy Shields v2
206 Additional Shield Animations (core)
207 Wizards' Staves (core)
208 Additional Helmet Animations (core)
Aurora's main component also patches BGMain.exe, therefore 1PP component Unique Thief Avatars can not be installed
after Aurora or after Infinity Animations main component.
At least the 1PP component "Softer Spell Effects" must be installed before Spellpack because otherwise some spells
and items will be faulty patched and display wrong animations.
NOTE: This mod must be installed in three steps! Only the components Core paperdolls and Core content patches
should be installed before Item Revisions. All the others components must be installed to the end of the megamod."

This is in relation to 1PP v4, Item Revisions v4 Beta 10  (20 June 2017) with IR Revised V1.2.4 (2019 January 20th) and Spell Revisions v4beta16 with SR Revised V1.1.0 (2019 February 5th)

I used the newest versions of IRR and SRR though. I did check the change history on the github pages and didnt look like anything massively different had been done to them, just fixes and tweaks but im far from an expert on this.

Do you se any major issues with this install order apart from putting spell revisions first?

Something like this maybe?

spell_rev 0 20 30 55

1pp 101 102 103 114 200 400 401

item_rev 0

then, many hours later

1pp 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 201 210 300 301

item_rev 1030 2 3 10 17 11 12 1090 1091 1092 1093 15 16

1pp 202

spell_rev 60

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.

Also where would you put spell_rev 65 in relation to other mods ?

 

It gets complicated with mega-mod installs, but my general advice for IRR is that *all* item-related 1pp components should be installed after IRR's main component, however you want to accomplish that. IRR is different from normal IR in that it was made to be fully compatible with 1pp, so the BWP advice regarding it does not apply. I don't use Spellpack, but since you do, you may have to install those particular spell-related 1pp components early...but I would not do anymore than that.

In other words, all of SRR first, then maybe the spell-related 1pp components (I can't remember their specific numbers), then the IRR main component, then way later you can apply the rest of 1pp and the additional IRR components you like. I don't think the order of those should matter, since it's all patching and they shouldn't undo each other's changes.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

In relation to the Big Picture mod, are you saying dont use it all?

Well, technically; no.

What I am saying is that the script is assigned by Big Picture, as the BP... is the pre-fix for the mod uses, and so as it adds a script into the game that causes lag or latancy, it breaks any game/savegame that has visited the area the creature or entity that has the script assigned to it...

...so that is just unfortunately technically, a no.

And there's a way to fix it, but I don't know enough to know how. And yes, it's a good mod, I have no doubt about that.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@Bartimaeus thanks, i'll adjust sorting order as you've suggested and see what happens.

@Jarno Mikkola i think that BP script is a bit of a red herring. It only seemed to be firing on the first area i checked and the stutter happened in different areas if i had the bag of holding etc in inventory, it goes away as soon as dropping them. But i found another bag of holding, sold by Thalantyr, which didnt seem to cause any issues. Are different mods that add these items implementing them in different ways? Is that possible? I'll get the different ones in inventory then have a look in shadowkeeper see if theres much difference between them.

Done that and found the following item ids

stuff that seems to cause stuttering (obtained from Winthrop and Gorion's still warm corpse)

bag of holding - D1BG1BAG

potion case - SWBAG06

scroll case - SWBAG03B

gem bag - SWBAG02

gem bag (not sure where from) - BGBAG01

 

I then went and bought the same types of items from Thalantyr and no stuttering, characters running around happy as Larry

bag of holding - THBAG05

ammo belt - THBAG04

potion case - THBAG03

scroll case - THBAG02

gem bag - THBAG01

I then had a quick look in Near Infinity and i can find them all but i have no idea what exactly i need to be looking at/for to see why some cause the game to lag/stutter and some dont.

What should i be looking for?

 

In terms of finding out whats broken mages i guess i'll just have to do a new install and install the mods one at a time and test after each one to see whats broken it.  The entire install sequence for projecdt infinity is only 17 pages long in a word document. How long can that take? Guess i'm about to find out

Edited by Nathan82
found out some more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

What should i be looking for?

Well, each of those .itm's have a .sto (so the thbag01.itm should have the exact same thbag01.sto) that is the actual container, as the containers are a movable free store. You could look if the store space/capasity is different, or not. This is the .sto's offset 0x0022 ... but that's one possibility. I don't exactly know how the ShadowKeeper can see that value, I use Near Infinity to look at all the things.

Or it's another red herring.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Share this post


Link to post

I found a difference

Bag of holding D1BG1BAG - Items for sale offset 9c h 34 h 4 h
THBAG05 - Items for sale offset 130 h 34 h 4 h

Most items like bags of holding, gem bags seem to have the items for sale offset as 9c h

The THBAG0# items have different values, a few other bags of holding etc have it set to something other than 9c h.

I have no idea if this has any relevance to anything though

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

I found a difference

Can you upload the files for me, aka extract the files from the game... I only know how to this in Near Infinity, you start the program, you go into the STO folder, select the files in there and right click them and select Export, then you get to select where you save the files, and then you package those in a .zip archive, and upload the file. You should be able to upload the file via the "Insert other media" option at the end of the post reply...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Can you upload the files for me, aka extract the files from the game... I only know how to this in Near Infinity, you start the program, you go into the STO folder, select the files in there and right click them and select Export, then you get to select where you save the files, and then you package those in a .zip archive, and upload the file. You should be able to upload the file via the "Insert other media" option at the end of the post reply...

Here you go. Thank you

exported itm and sto files.7z

Share this post


Link to post

Well, the theory is a good one, at least from my point of view, as an observer. There's also somewhat bad referenses to for example that all the store's are flagged as Tavern quality 1 and 2... In Near Infinity. So in theory all your bags are a taverns too... :p

The existance of this feature might incline that there's a broken weidu function that could be fixed. But a lot more testing would be a darn cool.

Share this post


Link to post

Let me know if or what else i can test to help figure this out.

Thanks for your help so far

Share this post


Link to post

Im re-installing the mods one at a time to test which is causing the crash to desktop, not found it yet.

I thought id check the items that were causing the stuttering as well.

Picked up scroll case, gem bag and potion case from dead Gorion - no stuttering at all. I then went and got items from Thalantyr as a comparison.

I looked in Near Infinity and those items aren't listed under the ITM and STO lists but are in the override folder. Im guessing but would it be something like lolfixer or generalised biffing that moves them? And could something in that process be causing the stutter issues? Ive put the extracted files in attached archive if anyone wants to take a look.

In the original install i have, would it be worth replacing the items that are causing the stuttering with renamed copies of the THBAG0# itm and sto files and seeing if that fixed the issue?

currently no stutter effect.7z

Share this post


Link to post

I've finally found what was causing the crash to desktop

 

refinements:108:Wizard HLAs

Specifically this component from version 4.26

so i uninstalled it, and found out it wasnt the newest version

downloaded and extracted 4.28

installed the wizard HLAs component and it works ok.

I figured out the weird ammo stacks thing too. Lost items sets stacks to 50. CDtweaks had changed stores to sell bigger stacks but id overlooked the component to have bigger stacks in inventory. Because, as per BWP pdf id previously used the Difficulty and Tweaks mod. But that doesnt seem to like Project Infinity for some reason. So the game was doing what it was supposed to, i just hadnt used all the mods i needed.

Nearly got everything sorted now. Just the stuttering caused by bags of holding and a couple of little things to sort and hopefully i'll get to actually play the damn game soon.

Share this post


Link to post

Its not fixed. I got over excited and posted before i'd tested it as much as i should have done.

So

If I just install

refinements:11:Choose which classes get revised HLAs

refinements:108:Wizard HLAs

I can create a mage character and get mage npcs to join my party without problem.

If i install

refinements:11:Choose which classes get revised HLAs
refinements:101:Fighter HLAs
refinements:102:Barbarian HLAs
refinements:103:Ranger HLAs
refinements:104:Paladin HLAs
refinements:105:Cleric HLAs
refinements:106:Druid HLAs
refinements:107:Monk HLAs
refinements:108:Wizard HLAs
refinements:109:Bard HLAs
refinements:110:Thief HLAs
refinements:30:Heal on shifting back to human (Default)
refinements:40:Universal lesser mage robes

I get the crash to desktop. During character creation, the game crashes when clicking on the skills tab.

The game also crashes when trying to get a mage, eg Xzar, to join the party.

Bards arent affected.

Same problem with versions 4.26 and 4.28

 

-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Mon 22 Jun 2020 16:03:00)
[Mon 22 Jun 2020 16:11:10] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x4FF726 File: CGameEffect.cpp Line: 1536 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)

 

 

@subtledoctor I dont suppose you could help at all with this?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post

If you’re using the non-EE engine, and you’re installing HLAs for every class, try using Refinements v3.31. v4 has no improvements for you anyway, so if a bug snuck in, using the old version would get around it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...