Problems with BGT megamod install

38 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

What you should do is --change-log the spell file, aka "spwi513.spl"...

I tried that and got this;

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24000
In state 68, I expected one of these tokens:
  [10] AUTHOR
Parse error (state 68) at ~~

[BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 2 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
    GLR parse error

[BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2]  ERROR at line 2 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

change log.bat;

:: Replace ########.### and ********.*** with the file name you are looking for.
:: Run the batch file in the BGII directory and see the change-log.txt.
:: You can make multiple logs from multiple files if you copy-paste the last line, change the log txt files number and remove the "::" at the start.

:: Ersetzt ########.### und ********.*** durch den Dateinamen, nach dem Ihr sucht.
:: Führt die Batch-Datei im BGII Verzeichnis aus und seht in die change-log.txt.

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spwi513.sp >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
:: WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log ********.*** >change-log/change-log1.txt --out change-log

Have I done it wrong?

I downloaded the smaller of the 2 files in the link and exstract that directly into \BGII - SOA

34 minutes ago, Nathan82 said:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24000

That's a very old version... copy one of the setup-modname.exe's and rename it as the WeiDU.exe, yes, that's manual update... and then rerun the .bat again, and this time it will give you a better result, as you'll be using the file you made the installs with.

What probably happened is you overwrote already existing weidu.exe with very old version from the smaller archive... it's said in the thread that that's wrong..

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

20 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

That's a very old version... copy one of the setup-modname.exe's and rename it as the WeiDU.exe, yes, that's manual update... and then rerun the .bat again, and this time it will give you a better result, as you'll be using the file you made the installs with.

What probably happened is you overwrote already existing weidu.exe with very old version from the smaller archive... it's said in the thread that that's wrong..

I did read the instructions. And the smaller download doesnt have a weidu.exe file.

Not sure where the one in the game folder game from, i did notice the version number and think it was a bit low.

Anyway, i did what you said and got this;

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Mods affecting SPWI513.SP:

Im going to take a guess and say thats still not right, either that or nothing is affecting it.

I've exported the file if its any help.

SPWI513.SPL

Edited by Nathan82
attached SPWI513
55 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Can you export SPWI513B and SPWI513C as well?

The --change-log does the exporting and every version of it... but it needs exact file name, so at this point, my suggestion is to do this to those files as well. As in SPWI513B.spl and SPWI513C.spl...

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The --change-log does the exporting and every version of it... but it needs exact file name, so at this point, my suggestion is to do this to those files as well. As in SPWI513B.spl and SPWI513C.spl...

I'm curious as to what specific element of the spell is causing it to crash, since that's unusual. Casting the resource he uploaded did not crash my game, so I'd like to look at the subspells it casts, too.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hello

I edited change-log.bat to;

:: Replace ########.### and ********.*** with the file name you are looking for.
:: Run the batch file in the BGII directory and see the change-log.txt.
:: You can make multiple logs from multiple files if you copy-paste the last line, change the log txt files number and remove the "::" at the start.

:: Ersetzt ########.### und ********.*** durch den Dateinamen, nach dem Ihr sucht.
:: Führt die Batch-Datei im BGII Verzeichnis aus und seht in die change-log.txt.

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spwi513.sp >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spwi513B.sp >change-log/change-log1.txt --out change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spwi513C.sp >change-log/change-log2.txt --out change-log

I ran it, logs were generated but they aren't showing anything, as before. Am i doing something wrong or is it just not picking up any mods that have made changes, if any?

I started the game and tried to read the Breach spell description and got another crash to desktop but it generated an error code this time;

[Wed 01 Jul 2020 13:12:02] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x59CEAB File: ChUIControls.cpp Line: 5599 Expression: m_plstStrings != NULL Message: (null)

I checked the spell desciption in Near Infinity and it shows this;

Spoiler

Chaos Shield, Chaotic Commands, Death Ward, Divine Protection, Divine Shell, Emotion, Hope, Exaltation, Free Action, Greater Divine Protection, Impervious Sanctity of Mind, Impregnable Mind, Improved Chaos Shield, Mind Blank, Protection From Evil 10' radius, Protection From Good 10' Radius, Protection From Magic Energy, Protection from Acid, Protection from Cold, Protection from Electricity, Protection from Energy, Protection from Fire, Protection from Petrification, Protection from the Elements, Resist Acid and Corrosion, Resist Elements, Resist Fear, Storm Shell, Storm Shield, and Unfailing Endurance.

The combat protection spells dispelled by Breach are Absolute Immunity, Armor of Faith, Barkskin, Circle of Bones, Emotion, Courage, Mage Armor, Moment of Prescience, Physical Mirror, Prismatic Mantle, Protection from Magical Weapons, Protection from Missiles, Protection from Normal Weapons, Sanctuary, Shield, Spirit Armor, and Stoneskin.
Chaos Shield, Chaotic Commands, Death Ward, Divine Protection, Divine Shell, Emotion, Hope, Exaltation, Free Action, Greater Divine Protection, Impervious Sanctity of Mind, Impregnable Mind, Improved Chaos Shield, Mind Blank, Protection From Evil 10' radius, Protection From Good 10' Radius, Protection From Magic Energy, Protection from Acid, Protection from Cold, Protection from Electricity, Protection from Energy, Protection from Fire, Protection from Petrification, Protection from the Elements, Resist Acid and Corrosion, Resist Elements, Resist Fear, Storm Shell, Storm Shield, and Unfailing Endurance.

The combat protection spells dispelled by Breach are Absolute Immunity, Armor of Faith, Barkskin, Circle of Bones, Emotion, Courage, Mage Armor, Moment of Prescience, Physical Mirror, Prismatic Mantle, Protection from Magical Weapons, Protection from Missiles, Protection from Normal Weapons, Sanctuary, Shield, Spirit Armor, and Stoneskin.

So this looks like the problem. Just got to figure out whats done it.

I can export and upload the SPWI513B and C files if you think they'll be of use

Thanks

Edited by Nathan82
typos
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Almost certainly an SCS issue, though as to how that specific outcome came to be is likely more than strictly its fault.

Yes, SCS's 'give antimagic spells accurate descriptions' code is clearly going mad for some reason. I'll see if I can work out why. It must be some compatibility issue - it's patched fine on my version. (I do install checks on BGT when I do a major new release, though I don't do much in-game testing of non-EE installs any more.)

28 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Yes, SCS's 'give antimagic spells accurate descriptions' code is clearly going mad for some reason. I'll see if I can work out why. It must be some compatibility issue - it's patched fine on my version. (I do install checks on BGT when I do a major new release, though I don't do much in-game testing of non-EE installs any more.)

Coincidentally, I just finished building a BGT game using SRR (which this user also uses) and the latest version of SCS, and did not run into the issue. However, the user also has many other mods that I do not use - no changelog makes it a bit difficult to see other mods may be a potential compatibility issue.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Also @Nathan82: I can't immediately see what could be causing that problem with Breach's description. If you want me to debug it I need you to:

- uninstall SCS

- find the description of Breach just before you do so, and post it

- reinstall SCS and see if the problem is still there