Problems with BGT megamod install

1 minute ago, DavidW said:

Have you ever seen a summoned beetle successfully cast its gas-cloud attack?

No they only used melee attacks. I remember one of them had a gas attack in IWD but wasnt sure if it was carried over. Neither type of beetle had any special ability or anything, only melee attack option.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:55 AM, Nathan82 said:

No they only used melee attacks. I remember one of them had a gas attack in IWD but wasnt sure if it was carried over. Neither type of beetle had any special ability or anything, only melee attack option.

OK. Try removing the file cdibombb.spl from your override and see if that removes the crashes.

@DavidW I looked in the override but cdibombb.spl wasnt there. It is listed usnder the spl tab in Near Infinity though, probably not in the override due to generalised biffing. So I've uninstalled generalised biffing and checked the override again and it was there so i removed it and tested. So far no crash. Game is almost unplayable but not crashes. No gas-cloud attack either but then im thinking that was the point of removing the file.

The is this entry  numerous times in the TobEx.log

[Sat 11 Jul 2020 23:02:47] CEffectSetStat::ApplyEffect(): Tried to set a stat with index < 387 (expected 387-520)

I took another look at sppr413 and ran change-log on the files i could see referenced;

CDIBOMBB.SPL

Spoiler

Mods affecting CDIBOMBB.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ 0 40 // IWD Divine Spell PackBeta 6
00001:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)v33.2
00002:  ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence)1.7 BWP fix
00003: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

Monsum01.2DA - none

CDIMSM1H.VVC

Spoiler

Mods affecting CDIMSM1H.VVC:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ 0 30 // IWD Arcane Spell PackBeta 6
00001:  ~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ 0 40 // IWD Divine Spell PackBeta 6
00002: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

CDIINSCT.2DA

Spoiler

Mods affecting CDIINSCT.2DA:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ 0 40 // IWD Divine Spell PackBeta 6
00001: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.

I also had a look in the klatu.tp2 and I've included the relevant bit of that and the contents of the relevant tpa file as well, no idea if it helps though

Spoiler

Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical

BEGIN @105 DESIGNATED 2110
        GROUP @45
        REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob tutu tutu_totsc bgt iwd_in_bg2 bgee bg2ee eet iwdee~ @2
        INCLUDE ~klatu/lib/common.tpa~
        INCLUDE ~klatu/lib/unaffectWildMagic.tpa~

LAF UW_IMPLEMENT_UNAFFECT_SPELLS INT_VAR spellType = 4 boolSilence = 1 END

unaffectWildMagic.tpa

Spoiler

// if boolSilence != 0, the spell will be unaffected by silence, as well
DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION UW_IMPLEMENT_UNAFFECT_SPELLS
    INT_VAR spellType = 4
            boolSilence = 0
BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.spl$~ ~override~
        LPF SANITIZE_SPL RET ok = ok END
        PATCH_IF ok = ok BEGIN
            READ_SHORT 0x1c type
            PATCH_IF (type = spellType) BEGIN
                // unaffected by wild surges
                READ_BYTE 0x19 b
                WRITE_BYTE 0x19 (b BOR 0b11000000)
                PATCH_IF boolSilence BEGIN
                    READ_BYTE 0x1b b
                    WRITE_BYTE 0x1b (b BOR 0b00000010)
                END
            END
        END
    BUT_ONLY
END

CDIINSCT.2DA CDIMSM1H.VVC CDIBOMBB.SPL

Edited by Nathan82
typos

I've re biffed the game and will keep testing. My other questions were going to be about aTweaks which already seems to be being looked at.

I have the following components installed;

atweaks:100:Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters
atweaks:101:Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack
atweaks:102:Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon
atweaks:103:Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability
atweaks:104:PnP Color Spray
atweaks:115:Scrolls can be scribed everywhere
atweaks:125:Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience
atweaks:130:Additional racial traits for Dwarves
atweaks:140:Additional racial traits for Gnomes
atweaks:160:PnP Undead
atweaks:180:PnP Mephits
atweaks:185:PnP Fey creatures
atweaks:186:Revised Call Woodland Beings spell
atweaks:190:PnP Elementals
atweaks:191:Increase the Hit Dice of Elemental Princes
atweaks:200:Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items
atweaks:201:Instant casting for warrior innates
atweaks:202:Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time
atweaks:203:Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable
atweaks:210:Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars
atweaks:211:Make Death Ward protect against Vorpal Hits
atweaks:212:Make alignment detection spells more accurate
atweaks:213:Expanded saving throw bonus tables for Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings
atweaks:216:Only the Jester song breaks invisibility
atweaks:220:Simple Thief script
atweaks:230:Simple Bard script
atweaks:239:Simple Cleric/Paladin script
atweaks:261:Improved (lowered) XP rewards from locks, traps and scrolls
atweaks:300:Fast animation speed (matches IWD)
atweaks:301:Change the appearance of Valygar's armor
atweaks:302:Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna
atweaks:310:Distinctive creature coloring
atweaks:315:Distinctive creature soundsets
atweaks:500:Use the recommended storage capacity value (999)
atweaks:510:Expanded temple services
atweaks:999:BG2-style icons for aTweaks content

Does anyone know of any compatibility issues with these and Spell revisions revised and SCS?

Im happy to help test stuff, just let me know if there's anything specific anyone wants checdking on this install.

Thanks

I've just completed another install, minus spellpack and Revised Battles and im still getting the Breach spell crash.

From change-log

Mods affecting SPWI514.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.2)
00001:  ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ 0 201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat logAll spells with a casting time greater than 1v2.5
00002:  ~!BINFINITYSOUNDS/SETUP-!BINFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ 0 1 // Restored BG1 Spell Casting Sound Effectsv1.3
00003: /* acted upon in an undefined manner */ ~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 1 // Generalized BiffingBiff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)v2.4

Im an idiot. Typed wrong spell name into change-log and didnt notice. (spwi514 is lower resistance, and that looks fine)

Let's start again.

New full install (SRR and SCS included) but without spellpack or revised battles

Trying to read the description of the Breach spell causesa a crash. Spell description is corrupt when i checked in near infinity.

Ran changelog again on correct spell id and got this;

Mods affecting SPWI513.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ 0 0 // Tougher Sendai (ToB Required)16 BWP Fix
00001:  ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.2)
00002:  ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ 0 201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat logAll spells with a casting time greater than 1v2.5