TICam.tra

Hey @jastey and @tibicina !

I'm translating TICam.tra in french, and i got a hard time to understand a dialogue sequence, especially @188.

It start with Tamah saying @181 and @182. If Charname choose the @185 answer then Tamah respond @188, and then @221.

Spoiler

Doe's @188 (Aren't you the lucky one, then?) mean something like : " Aren't you lucky to not have that kind of problem. " or " You're not gonna be my lucky romance tonight. " ?

Thanks.

Edited by Jazira
6 hours ago, Jazira said:

" Aren't you lucky to not have that kind of problem. "

I think it's this meaning. I also think it's a response where the person is a bit annoyed. Something like "well, isn't this great for *you*", if it makes sense.

Hey again @tibicina and @jastey !

Spoiler

The TICam translation is nearly done, and i am proofreading myself. I'm wondering something, about "the spine of a book" where the letter's are supposed to be hidden.

Are the letters supposed to be between two pages of the books ? Behind the cover ? Or my guess, here (picture) ?

hollow-spine-2.JPG

Edited by Jazira
23 hours ago, jastey said:

I think what you visualized is meant, since the first letter can be pulled out of Phlydia's book, which would not be possible if it was hidden behind the cover in a more closed fashion.

Thanks. :)

Yes. That space where the bent book opens to reveal that "hole". You're exactly right. There's not a good word for that hole that appears when an old book is opened, but if the book is big enough, quite a lot can fit in there.

On the earlier comment: Agree fully that I intended "Aren't you the lucky one then..." to be meant as "Aren't you fortunate not to have this problem ([that we are discussing]?" 

Edited by tibicina
Clarification
12 hours ago, tibicina said:

Yes. That space where the bent book opens to reveal that "hole". You're exactly right. There's not a good word for that hole that appears when an old book is opened, but if the book is big enough, quite a lot can fit in there.

On the earlier comment: Agree fully that I intended "Aren't you the lucky one then..." to be meant as "Aren't you fortunate not to have this problem ([that we are discussing]?" 

Thank you for the confirmation. :)

2 hours ago, tibicina said:

Thank *you* for kindly translating it. 🙂

It's a completely selfish act, I wanted to play it in french. 😛

And I got to say that I do like this story a lot, it's a bit heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.