SRv4-beta18 bugs and questions

This is my first post, as it is my first time playing SCS with Spell Revisions (and Item Revisions as well) and I love it so far. I would really like to thank the developers of this awesome mod!

I have observed a couple of bugs/issues, to which I could not find the solutions by searching the forum so far. First of all, I am using the spell_rev-v4-beta18.exe  which I downloaded from the releases section of the SR GitHub page. I hope it is the latest and the correct version. So the issues I observe:

1) I have installed the "Spell Deflection protects against AOE effects" component. Minor Spell Deflection works as intended, and blocks Fireball, Skull Trap etc. However, the 5th level spell Spell Deflection does not. I don't think this is intended, how can I fix this?

2) The Conjure Elemental types of spells are supposedly revised so that they don't have the annoying "wrestle for control for several rounds" aspect. However, in my game, they have the old descriptions and also work as in the old versions of those when cast. Enemy caster do not struggle for control though and seem to conjure elementals directly, as the new version intends to do. Is there a way to fix this?

3) My clerics under Sanctuary are almost always attacked by enemy mages hurling Melf's Minute Meteors. Is this intended? Since I cannot do the same to enemy clerics, I assume it is a bug. I have also a couple of times seen my cleric under Sanctuary even attacked by melee fighters.

Edited by crackwise

Thanks a lot for the reply!

1) According to the documentation here: http://gibberlings3.github.io/SpellRevisions/spells/arcane/ Spell Deflection is level 5,  and there is a Greater Spell Deflection in level 7.

However, according to the documentation here: https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-spell_rev_descriptions.html#arcane3 there is only Spell Deflection in level 6 and no Greater. I assume the first link is the most current version. (Note that very important information for Non-Detection and True Sight etc. seems to be missing in the first link though. The second link has that very important information, which I was able to discover today)

2) I have in fact aTweaks installed on my game (installation order: SR -> SCS -> aTweaks). I have not installed any of its Spell change components, nevertheless it can be possible it has messed up some things.

Spell Deflection is level 5, it overwrites Minor Turning at spwi522. The 6th-level defense is Globe of Invulnerability. 

But, what is described is not possible. AoE spells are turned into single-target spells delivered via projectiles. If any Deflection blocks them, every Deflection will block them. The Deflections all work the same, only AoE spells are changed. 

Dunno about #2, but #3 is probably because the enemy mage cast Detect Invisible. That lets them see people under Sanctuary. 

Oops, got my levels incorrect there - there's a disabled 6th level Spell Deflection, not a disabled 5th level. Also, what subtledoctor says is true - unless the spell is completely nonfunctional to start with, both by necessity should be blocking the same list of AoE spells (accounting for maximum level handled anyways).

aTweaks' P&P Elementals component overwrites SR's Elemental spells, IIRC.

Guest Pipoufle

Hi,

I had an issue while installing SR v4.18 on EET in French:

ERREUR pendant l'installation de [Spell Revisions], retour a l'etat anterieur
Will uninstall 1525 files for [SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    1525 files for [SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("SPIN920.SPL: read out of bounds")
S'IL VOUS PLAIT, envoyez par e-mail le fichier SETUP-SPELL_REV.DEBUG a marco.montagnoli83@hotmail.it
Using Language [French]

Installer le composant [Spell Revisions] ?
nstaller, [N]e pas installer ou [Q]uitter ?

I did not send yet the DEBUG: this may be a weird thing from my install?

Guest Pipoufle

Sorry, I missed the important part in my previous post ;) 

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset -765896221 of 538-byte file SPIN920.SPL
ERROR: [SPIN920.SPL] -> [override/SPIN920.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPIN920.SPL: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:06 AM, crackwise said:

1) According to the documentation here: http://gibberlings3.github.io/SpellRevisions/spells/arcane/ Spell Deflection is level 5,  and there is a Greater Spell Deflection in level 7.

However, according to the documentation here: https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-spell_rev_descriptions.html#arcane3 there is only Spell Deflection in level 6 and no Greater. I assume the first link is the most current version. (Note that very important information for Non-Detection and True Sight etc. seems to be missing in the first link though. The second link has that very important information, which I was able to discover today)

Your second link is the original spell description documentation for the mod, which is now quite outdated.

It's superceded by the current documentation, your first link, where the descriptions match what's included in SRv4b18.

Again playing SCS + SR, I have observed an issue with demons summoned by enemy mages via the spells summon fiend and gate: The demons are hostile to the enemy mage who summoned them!

SCS is supposed to make demon summoning spells such that the demons summoned by the enemy mages are not hostile to the enemy mage who cast those spells. (They are allowed to be hostile when the player casts those though in SCS.)

So is this an intentional SR thing? Or is it a bug? 

I have noticed a bug that Vitriolic Sphere (4th level single target spell, with an 10' radius splash once it reaches the target) is not blocked by Spell Deflection (protects up to 7th level spells).

I have the component Spell Deflection protects from AoE effects installed. So it should be protecting my caster surely from Vitriolic Sphere. I have searched the forum and could not find anyone mentioning this. However, there was a post which pointed out that Protection from Acid did not protect from Vitriolic Sphere. So maybe these two bugs are related?

You mean Deflection doesn’t protect from Vitriolic Sphere directly? Or does it just not protect from the secondary acid splash? 

I assume the latter - and it may be unavoidable because the secondary splash probably uses an 8-character subspell name, but the “Deflection Blocks AoE” code only works with spells that have 7-character names. There are one or two rare instances of AoE secondary effects, which the code cannot handle. Vitriolic Sphere is one of them. 

Possible retcon, if it helps: when the spell affects the unprotected target, it generates a splash of plain old acid, not a further magic effect. Since Deflection only blocks magical effects, it does not block the acid splash.