is 1pp still being worked on?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Apologize if it came as intrusive. I tagged you here  because you seem to be an administrator in SHS forum and 1pp is hosted there.

For the tutugui, I tagged you because you seem to be in contact with Kulyok, and the Pocket Plane is still hosting an old version while players have already provided a lot of fixes here http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,19424.msg340033.html#msg340033

It would be cool if SHS could be hosting the fixed TUTUgui

On 6/25/2020 at 2:40 PM, Bartimaeus said:

1pp is not for EE games, because the EE games already have it 98-99% integrated, as the EE developers installed it straight onto their builds.

Erephine, developer of 1PP, was hired by Overhaul specifically for her mod contributions -- if I'm remembering correctly; so her code would have been integrated into the base, not 'installed over top'.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:31 AM, jastey said:

Dear guest, please stop tagging me just because I'm an active modder. I do browse the forums. Please only tagg me if it's a topic that I should be aware of specifically.

hear, hear! Why are guests allowed to tag at all? Next, they'll be able to attach files and merge threads.

Guest guest

By the way, this topic can be closed as it serves no purpose anymore.

Wondering if I should tag anyone to close it. Better not, otherwise other guests could lose this "privilege". 

42 minutes ago, Azazello said:

Erephine, developer of 1PP, was hired by Overhaul specifically for her mod contributions -- if I'm remembering correctly; so her code would have been integrated into the base, not 'installed over top'.

I'm, uh, aware, but nevertheless, it's pretty easy to tell that it was installed on top, as a few of the bugs from the original installer continue to live on in the latest EE versions (one example off the top of my head: the last version of the 1pp installer forgets to actually set the 1bull04 projectile for bull04.itm, which you can coincidentally see in the latest version of BG1:EE is also very coincidentally not set - however, I'm happy to report that at some point, someone noticed that it wasn't set in BG2:EE, and so it is now set in that game...but I guess they forgot to do the same for BG1EE; another example would be that shld02 in BG2EE, which is also shld02a in BG1:EE, never got its original colors cleared before new ones were added to it, so you can see in both games that it has double and incorrectly set colors).

Edited by Bartimaeus
19 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'm, uh, aware, but nevertheless, it's pretty easy to tell that it was installed on top, as a few of the bugs from the original installer continue to live on in the latest EE versions

Unless the 1pp bugs--and features--can be turned off via the options screen or config, they certainly were not installed on top.

What you're describing is code integration, bugs and all. Still, we're being pedantic; so I'll leave it to agree that the bugs should have corrected in patches, especially after all this time.

6 hours ago, Azazello said:

Unless the 1pp bugs--and features--can be turned off via the options screen or config, they certainly were not installed on top.

What you're describing is code integration, bugs and all. Still, we're being pedantic; so I'll leave it to agree that the bugs should have corrected in patches, especially after all this time.

Hey, I'm not the one trying to pick apart someone else's statements here. All I'm saying is that 1pp was very literally installed, via the weidu installer, on top of the EE builds. Whether or not those modified resources were then integrated into rebuilt data .bifs afterwards is a different matter entirely, but unless someone else can offer some kind of other reasonable explanation as to how the exact same weidu installer patching bugs (and note that I'm saying patching bugs, not even just COPY-ing/overriding bugs) appear on EE resources that would appear if you actually used the installer on a vanilla game, it sure seems like 1pp was straight up installed on the EE builds at some point or another. A small subset of those changes must have been reverted (e.g. the last official version of 1pp deletes the Boomerang dagger icon by overriding it with Dagger of Venom's with no replacement for no apparent reason, switches Albruin's and Daystar's graphics for no apparent reason, deletes the Harbinger icon by overriding it with no replacement for no apparent reason, etc.), but those are some of the more obvious bugs - some of the more difficult to notice ones that'd be difficult to accidentally replicate from the weidu installer still remain.

Edited by Bartimaeus