Enemy shared sight not always working?

I have BGT installed and have been playing so far with SCS 32.8 (with IR + SR installed).

I have observed several times the following enemy behaviour: When I am facing several enemies and I retreat slightly (15-20 steps), the enemies which directly have line of sight (LoS) on my char pursue the char, whereas the enemies who do not have LoS just stay where they are and do not come to help their friends. (Note that I have the SCS "improved call for help" component installed FYI.)

This is not something that happens a lot, but one instance that I could observe was in Durlag's Tower with the 4 dwarven guardians. 3 of them who had LoS charged on as expected, while the one on the corner (Pride, I guess?) without LoS stayed where he was the whole time. I also observed this with summoned cowled enforcers in Athkatla. When I retreated several steps, only one mage pursued and engaged, while the others stayed where they are. 

Has this behaviour been reported by other players as well?

Actually I don’t need the WEIDU log yet. It’s probably internal to SCS. There’s no global shift that makes everything handle LOS correctly; it’s fight-by-fight. I’ll look at those examples when I have the chance. Are there others?

3 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Actually I don’t need the WEIDU log yet.

You are denying that it would help at all ?

I would also ask for the difficulty features .. but that's just me.

Also if memory recalls a thing from years ago, the BG1's Durlags Tower dwarf fight was in a somewhat complex terrain and so the call for help might have been non linear as the placement of the 4 small people is around the grave at the start of the fight and so it might block the attemts to get into the action without a target to pick.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, DavidW said:

Actually I don’t need the WEIDU log yet. It’s probably internal to SCS. There’s no global shift that makes everything handle LOS correctly; it’s fight-by-fight. I’ll look at those examples when I have the chance. Are there others?

If I remember correctly I had a similar problem outside the Clockwood Mines area. As the two enemy fighter types at the front charged, the two enemy mages chilled behind since they did not have a direct LoS.

I will pay more attention (now playing thorough BG2) and keep you updated whenever I notice such enemy behaviour.