A Few Less Master Areas and Something for Traps (mod)

Fixed and made bigger

This mod has two independent components. The first, which used to have serious problems, applies to all versions of the first Baldur's Gate, including the original edition. It takes some areas off the master list. A master area is a specially listed area that serves as a hub for outlying smaller areas. For example, Ulgoth's Beard, the village, is the master area for its inn and houses, Southern Baldur's Gate is the master area for all of the buildings there, including the harbormaster's and all of the floors of the Iron Throne building. Every level of a dungeon, on the other hand, is usually a separate master area. This technical detail is not normally noticeable to players, although the transitions between them usually require the whole party and autosave the game. Some master areas don't make sense, some are bad choices. This mods cleans up the list for the first BG, combining a few areas into complexes where "You must gather..." requirement does not apply (notice, this also disables autosaving at those doors). Item:

1) Tazok's tent at the bandit camp is now a part of the bandit camp outside. The fight within can be taken out and enemies can run after the party, if the indoor area is still active (there is still a party member within). This makes it possible to set up traps outside and otherwise prepare. Shouts for help and alarm will also reach between the tent and the camp;

2) the Thieves' Maze before the door to the Undercity is an extension of the Thieves Guild abovestairs, and you can lead difficult monsters up onto the swords of the thieves;

3) the building of the Friendly Arm Inn, on top of the stairs, can be entered and exited by any party members separately, and Tarnesh can follow the party there, where you can hope for some help from those who want peace and quiet around the place;

4) all four levels of the Cloakwood mine are now connected to each other for separate walking and to the forest on the surface. You can try to lure Davaeorn up to the third tier or even all the way to the woods, if you care to, and ambush difficult guards by camping on top of the stairs (with a party member leading them there and another remaining below to keep the area active); 

4) the temple of Bhaal in the Undercity can also be entered individually, exited, and Sarevok and Company can be lured out to where you can slay them on your own terms among the ruins.

The second component changes all detectable floor traps so they respond to the passing of enemies and NPC, not just the party. Intended for ambushes. Making neutrals come or flee and trigger fireballs and such will also work. I've made a few mechanics that move neutrals about, like juggling apples in "Adventurer's Miscellany" (not perfect, due for a fix and update).

Download

Edited by temnix

Thankee!

What about uploading this to Google Drive or GitHub so you'd have more space?

What about fixing the Baldur's Gate City Sewers so party members can enter them from street level?  (In BG:EE, the party usually couldn't enter them from street level but could exit the underground areas through them to street level.)

19 hours ago, Endarire said:

Thankee!

What about uploading this to Google Drive or GitHub so you'd have more space?

What about fixing the Baldur's Gate City Sewers so party members can enter them from street level?  (In BG:EE, the party usually couldn't enter them from street level but could exit the underground areas through them to street level.)

How do you mean, "in BGEE couldn't enter them from street level"? I was playing with a single character just now, BGEE, of course, and I could descend there through the grates, no problem. If you mean enter separately, that can be arranged, but they will still need to travel to nearby sewers sections as a party. I didn't eliminate all party-required transitions in the game, though I have done something similar with "Out of Commission." 

@Mike1072,
would it be possible to create a section for Temnix? He released a tons of mods, and you have to search them manually one by one on his profile. It would be cool if he could have a section so he can have more visibility too.

Start to Finish; Surprise!; Out of Commission; Out, Brief Candlekeep!; Adventurer's Miscellany; Flanks and Rear; The 1000; Charmed, I'm Sure; Initiative; Impish Makeover; Monsters Beat Enchantment; March Arrows; First Aid; Detect Magic/Intimidation; Perilous Streets; Mercy; Minions Tied to Summoner; Ultravision; Elements of Destruction; Some Individuals; Aftermotions; Jacob's Ladder; Ass; Replacement sounds; Hoarders

These are only some of the mods he released. There are others not even mentioned. Some are pushed in the later pages of the forum. How long would that signature have to be?
Can't he have his own section under mods and tools? 

Maybe he can have his own section, if he asks the administrators nicely. He ain't doing that, though. To hell with them! The administrators here are some of the arrogant and stupid people who banned me on the other two forums. So long as I can post my modules on the forums, I will. When the whim strikes them to ban me here for something they don't like, then I won't. And anybody who is interested in my modules can go to my profile.

You can't be more civil than that.  He has released more than 25 mods and he has to:

- publish them in general mod discussion 

- link them in his own signature...

While there are sections on this forum for dead or never relased mods. Great. Seems like some modders are more equal than others. 

It's a common practice to link mods in your signature.  Take a look at the signatures used by @jastey or @Lava.

Everyone is free to post about their mods in this forum or general mod discussion.  (We discussed adding a special forum dedicated to that purpose, but weren't sure what to name it.)

The only thing I'll say about official hosting is that it something that we evaluate on a case-by-case basis in private correspondence with the mod author.  It involves work on our end, so we don't enter into it lightly.

1 hour ago, Guest Ront said:

You can't be more civil than that.  He has released more than 25 mods and he has to:

I'm afraid there is no "person released mods = becomes modder at G3 with mod section" automatism. Frankly put, but not necessarily meaning to imply anything for this special case: that's the reason why G3 is a community with friendly, helpful modders and good quality mods.

I haven't made a spell to animate them yet, that's why. :D Come on, just leave them be. People can still find all of the important stuff in my profile if they care to mount the effort of a click. A sort of rite of passage for them. Besides, if they did give me a forum, it would feel like a cozy home and not a place I could get banned for on account of displeasing the real owners. I would relax and walk in bunny slippers and feel myself a voting citizen. Pff! No thanks.