No Critical Misses (mod for EE)

I find critical misses incredibly frustrating. If they could be made to happen less often and with interesting effects, like in Fallout, and if the rest of the combat system had the sophistication to match, some more complicated mechanism would be worth making. As it is, they either happen once in every 20 attacks or, with this EE-only tweak, never (unless some spell or item increases the critical miss chance). Enjoy.

There is no Setup file in this archive. Copy one from another mod and rename it "Setup-No Critical Misses.exe."

No Critical Misses.rar

As I said, if they could be made to happen less often... In Fallout they certainly didn't happen once every 20 attacks. In principle, it's possible to add randomness here and so overall decrease the chance of a miss, and then design a table of critical miss results, more interesting that "trip over and fall down"... But the rest of the system is too primitive anyway. Can't target body parts, no attacks of opportunity, can't even shut doors in enemies' faces, because there are no doors. I have tried with other mods, but this is like beating a dead horse.

AFAIK critical miss has kinda minor effects

1) on backstab, you become instantly visible after a critical miss. normally you can miss 2 or 3 times before become visible. critical miss when backstabbing is like "ohh, fuuuuuu" and THUD! you fall flat on your ass, impossible to stay invisible.

2) if you critically miss, you miss no matter how low your THACO is and how high your oponent AC is and then you can't attack again in that round. JUSTICE!!

I hardly found it incredibly frustrating, imo it's fun I agree.

The second aspect is a problem, in my opinion. I don't think it makes any sense to miss, especially so fairly often, when by all rights you should have hit. The randomness already exists in attacking as the 1d20 die roll, but why should a master fighter with an enchanted sword miss a feet-dragging goblin? Life is not THAT unpredictable, and it's not unpredictable in THAT sense. Anyway, I don't want a debate on critical misses here. Like I said, in a changed form, in a richer combat system overall, they could add to the fun. And let somebody develop one! As they are, they don't add to mine. By the way, what seems like free attacks when invisible must be just stabbing animation before the roll if the weapon is slow, invisibility goes away at once.