Why isn't this cut scene firing?

This is the script that calls the cut scene.  I put the the displaystring in it to make sure I could tell it was being fired.  The string displays, but the cut scene doesn't fire.

Spoiler

IF
    Global("#L_SarvQuests","GLOBAL",100)
    GlobalGT("#L_StartCaelarAttack","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalLT("#L_StartCaelarAttack","GLOBAL",5)
    Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",1)
    OR(4)
        TriggerOverride(Player1,LOS("Door0109a",15))
        TriggerOverride(Player1,LOS("Door0109b",15))
        TriggerOverride(Player1,LOS("Door0111",15))
        TriggerOverride(Player1,LOS("Door0200",15))
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayString(Player1,1004)  // Hello again, I see you have not had much luck. Do keep trying. We should leave this place as soon as we are able.
        StartCutSceneEx("#L_Cut07",TRUE)
END

This is the cut scene that's not doing anything - well, all it should do right now is fade to black for a few seconds then come back, but it's not.  It's named properly (#L_Cut07.BCS).

Spoiler

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ClearAllActions()
        StartCutSceneMode()
        SetGlobal("#L_StartCaelarAttack","GLOBAL",99)
        FadeToColor([30.0],0)
        Wait(3)
        FadeFromColor([30.0],0)
        MultiPlayerSync()
        EndCutSceneMode()
        Continue()
END

It's got to be something brainless on my part, but I'll be darned if I can see it.

When using the Stutter Debug Tool, I noticed that it might bork starting cutscenes. What the Debug Stutter Tool does is inserting DisplayStringHeads. So... did you try letting it run without the DisplayStringHead?

And - and I'm so totally not talking about experience because something like that would definitely *never* happen to me - but did you actualy compile the cutscene?...

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

And - and I'm so totally not talking about experience because something like that would definitely *never* happen to me - but did you actualy compile the cutscene?...

LOL - that's funny.  But yes, I did.  That was a very good question to ask though. :)

3 minutes ago, jastey said:

When using the Stutter Debug Tool, I noticed that it might bork starting cutscenes. What the Debug Stutter Tool does is inserting DisplayStringHeads. So... did you try letting it run without the DisplayStringHead?

Yeah, I only put in the display string after it would fire.  I originally had it 'ClearActions, StartCutSceneMode,StartCutScene("...") but then it would just lock on me because it wasn't getting to the endcutscenemode line in the cut scene.

But - to be honest, I think I hadn't compiled the cut scene until after I added the display string to try to figure out why it wasn't firing.  Let me try to put it back the correct way to see if that matters...

2 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

But - to be honest, I think I hadn't compiled the cut scene until after I added the display string to try to figure out why it wasn't firing.  Let me try to put it back the correct way to see if that matters...

That would be hilarous. Fingers crossed!

Still not being called.  It now just goes into cut scene mode and never comes out because it's not getting to the actual cut scene.  I've triple checked the name of the cut scene.  I know it's right, but it's acting like it's just not there.

1 minute ago, jastey said:

Did you plug in your printer?... I am tempted to ask again whether the cutscene got actually compiled but you already confirmed that.

lol - I'm beginning to question that myself.  Loading NI, just to make sure it's there.  But that's where I did my copy paste from when I posted here so I know it's getting compiled.  I'll try running EET_end again to see if that makes a difference too, but I'll try the different cut scene idea first because it takes forever for eet_end to finish.