Why isn't this cut scene firing?

2 minutes ago, Lauriel said:
3 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Does it matter that there's no CutSceneID() line in the cutscene? (I'm not 100% sure what the parameters are on cutscene scripts.)

I don't know.  I'll add one to test

Seriously - that was it.  I had no idea it was necessary to run, only to run actions against an NPC.  Unbelievable.  Thank you @jastey and @DavidW.  I would have been hitting my head against this wall forever.

Unless you know what you're doing, follow this template for launching cutscenes.

Activation script:

IF
// triggers
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartCutSceneMode()
        ClearAllActions() // optional
        StartCutSceneEx("#L_Cut07",TRUE) // if you need triggers within cutscene evaluated
        // StartCutscene("#L_Cut07") // or if you don't
END

Cutscene itself:

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutsceneID(Player1)
        // actions
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

Edited by Ardanis

Technically any line with an object would do in place of CutSceneID, the engine doesn't care. It takes the object, makes it the cutscene runner and discards the action. So it's a good idea to use a noop like CutSceneID.

17 minutes ago, lynx said:

Technically any line with an object would do in place of CutSceneID, the engine doesn't care. It takes the object, makes it the cutscene runner and discards the action. So it's a good idea to use a noop like CutSceneID.

Now that's pretty interesting.  I wonder what went on in the head of whoever developed this piece of weirdness.  LOL