Spell visual and shapeshifter HLA suggestions

Just a couple of ideas that came to me during my last playthrough:

1. Would it be possible to replace some of the arcane spell protection graphics with new visuals from IWD? Antimagic Shell for instance looks very cool and could be used with Spelltrap to help set it apart from other similar spells. Right now I feel that many of the new visual effects are "wasted" on spells that aren't as relevant as spell immunity/deflection/turning/trap, which share the same disk and whirly balls visuals.

2. Epic werewolf form HLA? This has probably been suggested before but I think it's kind of disappointing how the Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental HLAs are better for both damage and tanking compared to the Greater werewolf form. Access to other shapeshifting forms also goes against the class description.

Edited by Lilaina
12 hours ago, DavidW said:

Thanks, I like both - will consider.

Cool. On the topic of spell visuals, Physical Mirror has been bugged for a long time now in 2.5 version of EE (not because of SCS but even in an unmodded game). The disk graphic is permanent on the character that cast it, even dying and resurrecting the character won't remove it. Is that something modders can fix or is it up to Beamdog?

Edited by Lilaina
5 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Cool. On the topic of spell visuals, Physical Mirror has been bugged for a long time now in 2.5 version of EE (not because of SCS but even in an unmodded game). The disk graphic is permanent on the character that cast it, even dying and resurrecting the character won't remove it. Is that something modders can fix or is it up to Beamdog?

The disk graphic is baked into a certain effect, opcode 197 "bounce projectile", which is the opcode that will block a specified type of projectile. Every instance of this opcode being used will automatically get the disk graphic. The problem with this spell is that effects 29 and 30, which are both "bounce projectiles" opcodes, are set to a duration of "while equipped" instead of the proper amount of time. "While equipped" is I guess permanent when used by a spell, since there's no way of unequipping something that couldn't be equipped to begin with. Anyways, if you fix those durations (or use a different version of the spell from a mod e.g. Spell Revisions), then the spell is fixed. BG2EE's version of the spell is a bit of an unorganized mess with a number of repeated effects, too, so that doesn't help.

Edited by Bartimaeus