Significant Issues with component - Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold

Guest DocDoom42

Guest DocDoom42

First off, a tip of the hat to the mod creator for SCS. I am generally having a great deal of fun with it. At least until Spellhold.

After installing this component I noticed that not all the items were actually taken from my party members. Most were taken but not all. Workaround the issue by manually removing the items and stashing them myself before encountering Imoen in Spellhold.

The items are supposed to be available to you in the fight against Irenicus according to the readme, but this does not seem to be so. The items are left on his desk which appears to be inaccessible until after the fight in question. Once again the self stash manages to work around this issue.

Upon locating the items, some of the items seem to be missing. Current workaround of self stashing items fixed this issue.

In all, this component seems to create more trouble than it is worth. I would not recommend it to anyone at this point, as the issues are worse than the fun gained from the added challenge.

Guest DocDoom42

Nothing on Main or Imoen. The others had the following items left on them:

Neera
Cloak of the Shield (cloak)
Wand of Fire (Quick Item 2)
Wand of Frost (Quick Item 3)

Nalia (Not including de'Arnise Ring)
Wand of Frost (Inventory)
2 Potions of Fire Resistance (Inventory)
1 Oil of Speed (Inventory)

Haer'Dails
24 Potions of Healing (Inventory)
2 Potions of Fire Resistance
22 Potions of Extra Healing (Inventory)
22 Potions of Healing (Inventory)

Aerie
Rod of Resurrection (Quick Item 1)
4 Potions of Fire Resistance
Wand of Fire (Inventory)
Wand of the Heavens (Inventory)
Wand of Frost (Inventory)
2 Oil of Speed (Inventory)
Wand of Monster Summoning (Inventory)
19 Stone to Flesh Scroll (Inventory)
12 Restoration Scrolls (Inventory)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Balthazar can be redeemed: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #20 // Improved Sarevok-Player Interactions: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #30 // Improved Imoen-Player Interactions in Throne of Bhaal: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #40 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #50 // Improved Slayer Transformation: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Expanded Epilogues for Bioware NPCs -> David Gaider's expanded epilogues for Bioware NPCs: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Tougher Abazigal: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Tougher Balthazar: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Tougher Demogorgon: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1300 // Tougher Gromnir: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1400 // Tougher Illasera: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Tougher Yaga-Shura: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Full-body portrait for Bodhi: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Alternate Balthazar portrait, by Cuv: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs, by shawne: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Sharper portraits of Abazigal and Gromnir for the Enhanced Edition, by DavidW: 2.0.12
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Slightly improved cutscenes, by DavidW: 2.0.12
~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v8.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // Move or modify some overpowered magic items: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows and other projectiles with nonmagical "fine" ones: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Replace many +1 magic weapons with nonmagical "fine" ones: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3541 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4190 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB (warning: this will make it inaccessible until the end of SoA): v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4210 // Randomise the maze in Watcher's Keep: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai use SCS abilities and AI: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Ascension demons use SCS abilities and AI: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8085 // Ascension version of Bodhi uses Improved-Bodhi abilities: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8090 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Rebalanced troll regeneration: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Improved Drow: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Improved Watcher's Keep: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Improved Sendai's Enclave: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v33.1
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v33.1

I came here to report the same thing. I retained a few random potions after being captured in Spellhold. Upon recovery of the items in Jon's office, I then noticed:

* Some formerly identified items were rendered unidentified;

* Some stacks of ammunition had their values reduced to one and were rendered unidentified;

* One cloak was rendered unidentified and had its number of charges reduced to 1.

However, I don't think any non-stackable items went missing.

EDIT: Looking again, it seems as if no items are actually disappearing. Instead, some stacks of ammunition are being split up into identified and unidentified stacks - for instance, one stack of 234 +1 arrows was split into 233 +1 arrows and 1 unidentified +1 arrow.

Edited by ratatosk
Clarifying problem
1 hour ago, InKal said:

imo this component is baaaaaaaaaad...Bodhi is so sure that you will die there that she would not bother to take anything from you.

Well, that's a different matter. The fix to that is much easier: don't install it. (But obviously I don't agree, or I wouldn't have coded it.)

I have noticed an annoying appearance of extraneous stackable items from items in containers: for example, there will be one of every type of  potion in a potion case in the pile on the desk, as well as the potions still in the case as well. This happens with gems and scrolls as well, and makes inventory distribution an absolute bear, especially if you're OCD like me, and can't handle the items remaining as individual entities once you put them in a container: you have to remove everything from your containers, stack them in inventory, and then put them back in the container if you want them stacked in there. I've also noticed that wands are removed from containers as well, and, while not duplicated, are all reduced to one charge. As a workaround, I typically stash my containers in a barrel, either outside Spellhold or on Brynlaww, before entering the asylum. I haven't noticed any effects on anything else I carry in inventory, so the containers workaround is a minor issue for me. Overall, I think it's a great component. My only real quibble is that, used in conjunction with the improved shapeshifting component, it removes Jaheira's ability to change into a fire and/or earth elemental, which seems unfair for what's supposed to be an innate ability. Is there a way to leave the tokens off the list of items taken by Bodhi?

Edited by Gregor

I've found that changing `dw#shdsk.bcs` to rearrange the order in which items are taken can prevent then contents of containers spilling out:

1. TakeItemListParty("dw#bags")
  2. TakeItemListParty("dw#spl*")
    TakeItemListParty("dw#tpitm")
  3. TakePartyItemAll("*")

The behaviour of `TakeItemListParty()` for items within containers doesn't seem to be well defined, so taking the containers first with `TakeItemListParty("dw#bags")` avoids that issue.

On a side note, I also changed Saemon Havarian's location next to the main entrance [1560.1165] and gave him some extra dialogue, so that he would initiate conversation but then wait while the party retrieves their items:

Spoiler
  • Party: Very well, we shall take your ship. But first we need to recover our confiscated equipment.
  • Saemon: Check Irenicus's office and bedroom. I will wait for you here.
    Later: Are you ready to go?
  • Party: Yes, we're ready.
  • Saemon: Okay then. Allow me to use my magics to penetrate Irenicus's wards and then teleport us to surface and sun.
    Cut scene