New & Improved Cleric Kit Thread

CamDawg

It seems logical to include a component that would kit Viconia with Shar. Anomen, being a dual-class to a cleric, and Aerie, being a multi-class, are ineligible for kitting if I remember the rules correctly.

You can't dual to a kit as far as I know. I imagine it is technically possible to kit Aerie (using SK) but we would then have to come up with a kit for that funny god of hers.

It seems logical to include a component that would kit Viconia with Shar. Anomen, being a dual-class to a cleric, and Aerie, being a multi-class, are ineligible for kitting if I remember the rules correctly.

About Aerie...

In Demihuman Deities, specialty priests of Baervan Wildwanderer may not multi-class. That doesn't mean that multi-class clerics can't serve him (the book mentions cleric/fighters, cleric/illusionists, and cleric/thieves serve him though).

However, some specialty priests do allow it to be multi-classed.

Thought of that already. :D I have set the weapon to be created in the inventory rather than a weapon slot.

And about spells, NiGHTMARE was going to add some new Cleric spells (maybe from BP) to balance the spheres. What I mean is, at the moment the Nightcloak has access to all BP spells regardless of sphere, as I don't have BP. Although is sucks up kit slots, you'd still be able to install it and get Viconia as one.

Though I think perhaps they gave her a kit in that already?

No, you can set the weapon usability flags for individual items. So I can make my *NEW* bladed weapon usable by a Cleric fine. And only a Cleric of certain alignments, so other people can't use it. :D

You can make them not need proficiencies, too, in case it's a weapon type the Priest cannot normally have.

No, you can set the weapon usability flags for individual items. So I can make my *NEW* bladed weapon usable by a Cleric fine. And only a Cleric of certain alignments, so other people can't use it.  :D

You can make them not need proficiencies, too, in case it's a weapon type the Priest cannot normally have.

D'oh! Of course you can...

Just have equipped ability of setting profiency to a certain number of stars.

I'm not a big fan of creating weapons in inventory for a couple of reasons:

* If inventory is full, it could force an item out--folks could lose items this way if they're not paying attention

* It could allow items to be passed to another character (even with restrictions, it could end up with a bard or F/T using it with UAI, or another cleric of the same kit)

* It can not be disspelled (unless we alter all the dispel effects in the game)

* It seems counterintuiitve--casting spiritual weapon and them having to equip it manually is... odd IMHO

Granted this needs to be weighed against the appropriateness of changing the spiritual weapon. Would you settle for a 1H spear-like weapon? :D

I'm not a big fan of creating weapons in inventory for a couple of reasons:

* If inventory is full, it could force an item out--folks could lose items this way if they're not paying attention

* It could allow items to be passed to another character (even with restrictions, it could end up with a bard or F/T using it with UAI, or another cleric of the same kit)

* It can not be disspelled (unless we alter all the dispel effects in the game)

* It seems counterintuiitve--casting spiritual weapon and them having to equip it manually is... odd IMHO

Granted this needs to be weighed against the appropriateness of changing the spiritual weapon. Would you settle for a 1H spear-like weapon? :D

All good points.

On the last idea, won't the game crash and die if we have a 1H spear?

We would have to use a different animation, for example a short sword, and then set thrusting animations to 90% or some such to simulate one. Not much of a better solution, but I still prefer it to an inventory-created item.

We would have to use a different animation, for example a short sword, and then set thrusting animations to 90% or some such to simulate one. Not much of a better solution, but I still prefer it to an inventory-created item.

Still a fairly ugly way of doing it. There has to be a decent way of doing this!

I suppose we could always have a warning message if they have something in their off hand and the spell not work. Because if you actually wanted to summon a spear you'd have to put down your shield first.

I chose to make them 1-handed as doing weird things like 1-handed Spears (or people casting Spiritual Weapon making a 2-handed weapon with a shield equipped) will cause crashes.

It's not ideal, but personally I think it is the best way. It also allows the Cleric to un-equip the weapon, if need be.

Archived