Transitions mod for BG1, SoD, BG2 and EET

Lauriel

I'm looking for beta testers for my new Transitions mod.  The current (beta) release can be found here: Transitions Beta v0.6

General Description of the mod:

The Transitions mod's main purpose is to provide seemless transitions between campaigns in EET. It will provide a mechanism to remain in the BGI "world" after Sarevok is defeated and BG2 "world" after Irenicus is defeated. For SoD, it also allows for skipping ahead to BG2, skipping all or the remainder of SoD, as suits the player.

Progressing through to SoD or BGII areas of the game is accomplished by using a custom item provided by Duke Belt after the clean-up quests are finished or skipped. Progressing through to ToB is accomplished by using the Amulet of Selderine provided by Queen Ellesmine.

After Sarevok has been defeated, the protagonist can take up residence at the Ducal Palace, thanks to Duke Belt. If the protagonist rescued Duke Eltan, he will show his appreciation by awarding the keys to a home. If EET is installed, the PC's personal chest will follow them through to their stronghold and to the pocket plane in ToB. There is also the possibility for a number of new clean-up quests, depending upon which of Sarevok's followers have been previously eliminated. BGI and TotSC quests can be finished after Sarevok's death, giving the player control over the order of events.

In order to plug the plot hole dealing with Sarevok's sword, he can be given his equipment, either equipped or just in his inventory, so that it can be looted and confiscated after his death. If you choose to equip his items, the final fight with him might be slightly more difficult.

There is an option for a new bhaal-spawn ability that will be added during the first rest period after defeating Sarevok. Good and neutral aligned protagonists will receive the equivalent of the Greenstone Amulet's Mind Shield and evil aligned protagonists will receive the equivalent of Algernon's Cloak Charm Creature.

Edited by Lauriel

Sounds good. Does it need to be EET-only? The delayed SoA-TOB transition would be nice to have in a normal BG2EE game. 

(Side question: why do people capitalize the ‘o’ in TOB, but not in SoA? Seems like it should be “ToB.” EDIT - okay, I see you actually wrote “ToB.” Nice.)

Edited by subtledoctor

Congrats on the beta!

Transition uses some code from EBG1 but some situations are solved quite differently.

EBG1 and Transitions are fully compatible if installed in this order. Compatible meaning that Transitions will recognize EBG1's content for some instances and overwrite for others. :)

hello, can you explain better the part of the description concerning sarevok sword? you are making it possible to leave it on sarevok body?

and what about the fight being more difficult? which fight and when? 

13 minutes ago, jastey said:

Congrats on the beta!

Thank you! :)

1 minute ago, Guest guest said:

hello, can you explain better the part of the description concerning sarevok sword? you are making it possible to leave it on sarevok body?

and what about the fight being more difficult? which fight and when? 

If you have Sarevok equip his new armor and helm, they will make him a more magic resistant in the fight at the Undercity Temple.  They will drop as normal loot and can be worn afterwards, though the armor is very heavy.  But because he'll be more magic resistant, the final fight with him in the Undercity Temple will be slightly more difficult.  The sword is not equipped since it's not as good as the one he already uses in the fight but doesn't drop.  The sword that is given to him is the one you see in BG2, but it is confiscated right away by the Flaming Fist so you won't be able to use it until BG2.

36 minutes ago, jastey said:

Congrats on the beta!

Transition uses some code from EBG1 but some situations are solved quite differently.

EBG1 and Transitions are fully compatible if installed in this order. Compatible meaning that Transitions will recognize EBG1's content for some instances and overwrite for others. :)

Basically, this mod would not exist if it weren't for @jastey.  It isn't possible for me to thank her enough.

I have Transitions without EBG1 installed. EDIT: that's current v0.2.02. I had one glitch where Semaj did his "is too strong, let's get out of here" speech but remained to continue attacking the group. After reloading, he vanished as planned.

When I came into the Palace the first time, Duke Belt greeted me with "And now to business!", although it was the first thing he said to me.

When my PC went upstairs to visit Imoen using the stairs on her side, the servant in the PC's quarters talked to my CHARNAME although we couldn't see him.

7 minutes ago, jastey said:

I have Transitions without EBG1 installed. EDIT: that's current v0.2.02. I had one glitch where Semaj did his "is too strong, let's get out of here" speech but remained to continue attacking the group. After reloading, he vanished as planned.

When I came into the Palace the first time, Duke Belt greeted me with "And now to business!", although it was the first thing he said to me.

When my PC went upstairs to visit Imoen using the stairs on her side, the servant in the PC's quarters talked to my CHARNAME although we couldn't see him.

You probably have globals that are interfering with normal business.  Have you started with a new character or did you use a save game that has EBG1 globals stored in it?

This is the code for Jimmy-boy...not seeing how it could fail.  Can something interrupt and clear actions that are all together like this?

APPEND ~SEMAJ~
    IF ~Global("#L_SemajHasFled","MYAREA",0) !Dead("SEMAJ") Dead("Sarevok")~ THEN BEGIN Semaj_flee
        SAY @2012 // ~Sarevok has been defeated?!  This cannot be!  Flee while you can!~
        IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobal("#L_SemajHasFled","MYAREA",1) ActionOverride("SEMAJ",CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Myself)) ActionOverride("SEMAJ",DestroySelf())~ EXIT
    END
END