Transitions mod for BG1, SoD, BG2 and EET

Lauriel

If I sip all the follower quests except the one for Korlasz and chose the "I'll come back later" reply on that one, talking to Duke Belt again gives me the quest for Winski again first. This happens every time.

If I leave Korlasz crypt and go back to the Dukes, Duke Jannath tells me again about the scrolls etc she would like to have. It might fit the character, but since she told me before in the same words, maybe it could be skipped afterwards.

14 minutes ago, jastey said:

If I sip all the follower quests except the one for Korlasz and chose the "I'll come back later" reply on that one, talking to Duke Belt again gives me the quest for Winski again first. This happens every time.

If I leave Korlasz crypt and go back to the Dukes, Duke Jannath tells me again about the scrolls etc she would like to have. It might fit the character, but since she told me before in the same words, maybe it could be skipped afterwards.

I'll check these out.

Edited by Lauriel
24 minutes ago, Lauriel said:
40 minutes ago, jastey said:

I used a savegame from before confronting Sarevok, but no EBG1 globals afaik. But I could check, which variable would it be?

Global("C#st_HeroOfBG","GLOBAL",1)

Fixed - pushed but not in current release yet.  I want to check out the other issues you pointed out first.

1 hour ago, Lauriel said:
1 hour ago, jastey said:

I'll check these out.

Fixed, pushed but not in release yet.  I want to check out the servant upstairs who shouts at you from across the building.  I missed that the first time.

5 minutes ago, Austin said:

Здравствуйте! Люди с форума просили вас спросить, можем ли мы начать перевод на русский язык, или мод все еще дорабатывается и лучше подождать?

That would be awesome!  Thank you!  I don't expect the dialogue to change.

2 hours ago, jastey said:

When my PC went upstairs to visit Imoen using the stairs on her side, the servant in the PC's quarters talked to my CHARNAME although we couldn't see him.

Fixed - pushed to Github.  Will put out a new release in a moment so these fixes are included.

Hello! When translating, there will be a problem with the cases.tra file - the lines from it will be added to the tokentxt.2da file, and it has ascii encoding, not utf-8. If we translate them, the game will crash. Is there no way to fix this problem? It is necessary to replace the use of strings in tokentxt.2da with the use of references to strings. If not, then these lines will remain without translation (

Edited by Austin
1 hour ago, Austin said:

Hello! When translating, there will be a problem with the cases.tra file - the lines from it will be added to the tokentxt.2da file, and it has ascii encoding, not utf-8. If we translate them, the game will crash. Is there no way to fix this problem? It is necessary to replace the use of strings in tokentxt.2da with the use of references to strings. If not, then these lines will remain without translation (

I guess I'll need to have two of those lines.  One for male, one for female.  Perhaps that's why something like this was never done before.  Seems to me I remember there way to do this with dialogue.  I guess just don't use the <PROPER_...> in the translation and make it a generic pronoun, if you can.

Guest Gob Oafenplug
On 8/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, Austin said:

Hello! When translating, there will be a problem with the cases.tra file - the lines from it will be added to the tokentxt.2da file, and it has ascii encoding, not utf-8.

I didn't think this could be a problem - TOKEN_TEXT should be untranslated (never seen in game, only in files, so its language can remain English as other game resources) and STRINGT / STRINGF should be strrefs rather than bare strings?

Anyway, this looks neat! Collection of disparate but thematically associated tweaks has a pleasingly old school vibe :)

I did just open up the files to peek, and something jumped out at me:

Spoiler

In CHANGE_DOOR_NAME, you have
SET new_name = ~%new_name% ~    // I don't know if this is a good idea or not - never tested
which can't work - SET is only for integers, strings need SPRINT / TEXT_SPRINT. Additionally, strings are terminated with a 0x00 (null) rather than a 0x20 (space). Fortunately there are some inbuilt WeiDU commands to assist, so you don't have to patch the string you're reading. You can instead writeSPL
READ_ASCII offset_door name_door (32) NULL // reads up to the whole 32 character field, or up to the first null, whichever comes first
WRITE_ASCIIE offset_door ~%new_name%~ (32) // writes 32 bytes of string into the field, adding nulls at the end to make up the difference
Putting these together, you can write:

DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION CHANGE_DOOR_NAME
INT_VAR
found_door = 0
STR_VAR	
old_name = ~~ // required
new_name = ~~ // required
RET
found_door
BEGIN
  PATCH_IF STRING_LENGTH ~%old_name%~ == 0 || STRING_LENGTH ~%new_name%~ == 0 BEGIN
    PATCH_FAIL ~fun CHANGE_DOOR_NAME called with arguments old_name:"%old_name%" and new_name:"%new_name%"~ //
  END
  GET_OFFSET_ARRAY array_off_doors ARE_V10_DOORS
  PHP_EACH array_off_doors AS idx_door => offset_door BEGIN
    PATCH_IF found_door == 0 BEGIN
      READ_ASCII offset_door name_door (32) NULL
      PATCH_IF ~%name_door%~ STR_EQ ~%old_name%~ BEGIN
        SET found_door = offset_door
        WRITE_ASCIIE offset_door ~%new_name%~ (32)
      END
    END  
  END
END

or some such thing :)

8 minutes ago, Guest Gob Oafenplug said:

Collection of disparate but thematically associated tweaks has a pleasingly old school vibe

Well, I am old school.  That could be the reason.  🤣  But at least you added the word 'pleasingly'.  :D

10 minutes ago, Guest Gob Oafenplug said:

I did just open up the files to peek, and something jumped out at me:

Thank you.  Very much!  I will incorporate your suggestion. :)

On 8/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, Guest Gob Oafenplug said:

I didn't think this could be a problem - TOKEN_TEXT should be untranslated (never seen in game, only in files, so its language can remain English as other game resources) and STRINGT / STRINGF should be strrefs rather than bare strings?

Right now the bare strings are loaded into tokentxt.2da.  I shouldn't have done that, should have I.  I'll see about fixing that so it can be translated.