Transitions mod for BG1, SoD, BG2 and EET

Lauriel

32 minutes ago, Endarire said:

@Lauriel
How does Transitions interact with Endless BG1?

During installation, for example, it will skip the installation of equivalent components, like towns people chatter.  For some components where things are handled slightly different, like Sarevok's equipment, it will ask if you want the Transition's version or EBG1's version.  It will start off it's conversation with Duke Belt differently if you have EBG1's award ceremony installed.  And EBG1 will accommodate Transition's handling of the Korlasz dungeon quest, where it's just another dungeon crawl with no hand-holding from Imoen, if the you're there for a Transitions clean-up quest.

@jastey, have I missed anything?

Edited by Lauriel
2 hours ago, Endarire said:

@Lauriel
If I have Endless BG1 installed, what are the main benefits of also installing Transitions?

1. There is an option for a new bhaalspawn ability
  2. You can have a home with a chest whose contents will transfer to SoD camp chests
  3. There are a number of new clean-up quests - depending upon who you dispatched before you face Sarevok
  4. Korlasz dungeon will free of hand-holding, I think it makes it more fun
  5. You can choose to skip the ending of SoD if you'd like (at any point you'd like), and go right to the capture scene before BG2
  6. You can use an abbreviated capture scene leading to BG2
  7. Imoen will be given innate magic missile abilities in BG2
  8. You'll be able to stay in BG2 after Irenicus is killed
  9. You'll be able to regain your bhaalspawn abilities after Irenicus is killed

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for this version.

Edited by Lauriel
On 8/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, Guest Gob Oafenplug said:

I didn't think this could be a problem - TOKEN_TEXT should be untranslated (never seen in game, only in files, so its language can remain English as other game resources) and STRINGT / STRINGF should be strrefs rather than bare strings?

Unfortunately, Tokentxt.2da doesn't substitute the string associated with a strref put there.  I believe the documentation is wrong and have started a topic to that effect in the IESDP forum.

A new beta version has been released.  The link in the original topic has been updated.  This release allows the mod to be installed on  all EE style games, BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE, and EET.  (for @subtledoctor :) )

Note to translators: this required changes to strings in the setup.tra file.  New/modified strings are noted as V2 

I don't know how I could forget this, but this update changes labels to meet @AL|EN's globally unique label preference.  So, labels have changed.  They needed to change anyway with this update since the entire mod is structured differently to allow installation on non-EET games.

This is rather a big deal.  But there will be no need for them to change in the future.